Obamacare saves the day

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It is.

You have to work really hard to read this a

"Biden has already vastly lowered the cost of Obamacare and made it far more affordable to middle class Americans."

s referring to anything but the cost of it to Americans eligible for it.

Your comment is characteristically ridiculous.

Okay, that's what it says, but nothing in the article supports that. You can pretend it does, but it does not. 

Obamacare.thumb.png.469a6dc54fccd7d13d9c658050b2ff6f.png

Affordable Care Act | Congressional Budget Office (cbo.gov)

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

Just make it free for poor people.

Given the extraordinarily high cost of insurance in the USA, coupled with fat deductibles, health insurance isn't affordable to millions of middle class Americans. Obamacare, especially as augmented by the previous congress, has made it affordable or even free to people who previously would have had to pay.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Okay, that's what it says, but nothing in the article supports that. You can pretend it does, but it does not. 

Obamacare.thumb.png.469a6dc54fccd7d13d9c658050b2ff6f.png

Affordable Care Act | Congressional Budget Office (cbo.gov)

I have posted the text twice and that's enough.. I hate to use cliches but all I have left to say Is that I can post it for you, but I can't understand it for you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Stupid is as stupid does. Not a very bright woman. Get a job and you will have insurance. Medicaid is not Obamacare but for deadbeats who do not work.

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Correct.  It's clear that you did not read the full article, which is largely contrasting the woman's experience in getting health insurance in Germany with the scams she encountered in the US.

Also, employers who employ fewer than 50 workers in the US are not required to provide healthcare in the US.  No employer is required to provide health insurance for part time workers, defined as those working less than 30 hours a week.  https://www.healthcare.gov/small-businesses/learn-more/how-aca-affects-businesses/  That leaves a large portion of jobs in the US without insurance.

Getting back to you opening statement, why do you post without knowing the facts?

• Haha 1

Mods,  this topic should be removed or the title modified.   The article makes no mention of Obamacare "saving the day."   In fact, the author enrolled in a NY State Medicaid plan which may or may not have a relationship with Obamacare.   The only mention of Obamacare is when the author indicates that she compared another and previous plan she enrolled in that was cheaper than Obamacare.

This would be like me posting any random article in the news and titling the topic "George Washington saves the day."  Complete misrepresentation of the article.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The ACA's Medicaid provisions allowed New York to utilization federal funding to expand Medicaid to everyone with incomes up to 138% of poverty. New York went a step further than most other states by implementing the ACA's Basic Health Program, which covers people with income a little too high for Medicaid.

https://www.healthinsurance.org/medicaid/new-york/

Mosquitoes are driving the ‘akikiki’ to extinction. With only 5 birds left in the wild, scientists are racing to save the species | CNN

George Washington saves the day!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, tjintx said:

In this article, the author discusses that the akikki bird in the State of Hawaii is almost extinct due to malaria-carrying mosquitos.   The kind that George Washington opposed and led the fight against.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Correct.  It's clear that you did not read the full article, which is largely contrasting the woman's experience in getting health insurance in Germany with the scams she encountered in the US.

Also, employers who employ fewer than 50 workers in the US are not required to provide healthcare in the US.  No employer is required to provide health insurance for part time workers, defined as those working less than 30 hours a week.  https://www.healthcare.gov/small-businesses/learn-more/how-aca-affects-businesses/  That leaves a large portion of jobs in the US without insurance.

Getting back to you opening statement, why do you post without knowing the facts?

Hawaii law overrides the 50 worker, 30 hour rule.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/hawaii-s-prepaid-health-care-law-4783107

Too funny ... 😂

... explains quite a bit

900+ Pages, Do you think any Dem actually read it:

image.png.e706c2733b0c40c0cb19be5d4e089191.png

24 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, just one of the divider-in-chief's big lies. 

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

ACA benefitted so few.  Just another corporate scam the masses fell for ...

... hook line & sinker

Simply raised the cost of health care for those that pay, with less coverage, larger deductible.

IMHO

When I asked my dental insurance provider why my rates are being doubled, the reply was, "Because of Obamacare."  I asked my dentist if he would still keep me as a patient if I was self insured.

He said "no problem"  Glad I cancelled since I don't need the insurance company's okay for certain procedures.  I get to decide.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

When I asked my dental insurance provider why my rates are being doubled, the reply was, "Because of Obamacare."  I asked my dentist if he would still keep me as a patient if I was self insured.

He said "no problem"  Glad I cancelled since I don't need the insurance company's okay for certain procedures.  I get to decide.

Well, if your dentist says so, it must be true. Except that dentistry is largely unregulated. So how would Obamacare affect its costs?

"Through the roof": The impact of rising costs on dentistry
Sept. 16, 2022
"Practice operating costs are going up, in some cases through the roof. Yet the insurance companies aren’t really responsive to that." Read exclusive commentary on what the ADA is hoping to do for dentists.

The ADA Health Policy Institute (HPI) released new data showing sharp increases in the costs of operating dental practices, while insurance reimbursements remained flat—or even decreased.

Roughly 1 in 4 have seen the costs of supplies and materials increase by at least 20%
47% of dentists reported that lab fees increased more than 1-10%
44% of dentists reported staff wages had increased by more than 1-10%
1 in 4 dentists reported that their insurance reimbursements decreased

https://www.dentistryiq.com/dentistry/article/14282852/how-much-are-rising-costs-impacting-dentistry

Dental insurance isn’t a scam — but it’s also not insurance

Dental coverage has been off in its little — largely unregulated — corner, too. According to the American Dental Association, one-third of adults aged 19 to 64 don’t have any benefits at all. (For comparison, just 8.4 percent of Americans lack health insurance.) Many patients put off dental care and cite cost as the main reason they don’t go to the dentist — including those who are insured.

https://www.vox.com/23901293/dentist-delta-dental-insurance-cigna-aspen-metlife-aetna

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, if your dentist says so, it must be true. Except that dentistry is largely unregulated. So how would Obamacare affect its costs?

"Through the roof": The impact of rising costs on dentistry
Sept. 16, 2022
"Practice operating costs are going up, in some cases through the roof. Yet the insurance companies aren’t really responsive to that." Read exclusive commentary on what the ADA is hoping to do for dentists.

The ADA Health Policy Institute (HPI) released new data showing sharp increases in the costs of operating dental practices, while insurance reimbursements remained flat—or even decreased.

Roughly 1 in 4 have seen the costs of supplies and materials increase by at least 20%
47% of dentists reported that lab fees increased more than 1-10%
44% of dentists reported staff wages had increased by more than 1-10%
1 in 4 dentists reported that their insurance reimbursements decreased

https://www.dentistryiq.com/dentistry/article/14282852/how-much-are-rising-costs-impacting-dentistry

Dental insurance isn’t a scam — but it’s also not insurance

Dental coverage has been off in its little — largely unregulated — corner, too. According to the American Dental Association, one-third of adults aged 19 to 64 don’t have any benefits at all. (For comparison, just 8.4 percent of Americans lack health insurance.) Many patients put off dental care and cite cost as the main reason they don’t go to the dentist — including those who are insured.

https://www.vox.com/23901293/dentist-delta-dental-insurance-cigna-aspen-metlife-aetna

I only repeated what I was told by my dental insurance carrier why my rates doubled.  And I did not claim it was a scam.

Dental "insurance" is a fringe benefit often given by employers and is usually not considered taxable income.

Also I have never hesitated to get dental care because of cost.

What some people may be unaware of is that poor dental health can lead to heart problems.  Sepsis from a tooth infection can kill you.

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

ACA benefitted so few.  Just another corporate scam the masses fell for ...

... hook line & sinker

Simply raised the cost of health care for those that pay, with less coverage, larger deductible.

IMHO

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Too funny ... 😂

... explains quite a bit

900+ Pages, Do you think any Dem actually read it:

image.png.e706c2733b0c40c0cb19be5d4e089191.png

I don't waste time with YouTube videos.  If it isn't important enough to put in print it isn't important.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I don't waste time with YouTube videos.  If it isn't important enough to put in print it isn't important.

Putting it in print, or actually seeing & hearing it ...

... which is more believable ?

I don't believe or trust most things I read, especially when from 'source stated' ... 😂

Kind of eliminates people asking for a link, or source, and of course, has to be one of their bias MSM entertainment sources.  Or worse, they didn't look at the link ... vids are hard to ignore, especially short ones.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

I don't believe or trust most things I read, especially when from 'source stated' ... 😂

Kind of eliminates people asking for a link, or source, and of course, has to be one of their bias MSM entertainment sources.  Or worse, they didn't look at the link ... vids are hard to ignore, especially short ones.

This has got to be one of the most incoherent posts I've read on this forum. Not even worth doing an autopsy on. Just mark it D.O.A. and move on.

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Print is easy to analyze, check for weasel words or outright lies, and present as evidence.  People choose their words carefully when writing to avoid misinterpretation and incrimination.

"seeing & hearing" is easy to judge subjectively, not analytically.  The speaker can always claim "that's not what I meant", "your taking it out of context", "I was just thinking out loud", etc.  Video is also a waste of time.

Interesting that you don't believe what you read.  I assume that means you don't waste time reading religious texts, contracts, laws, etc.  You just let someone explain them to you and hope for the best.

Edited by heybruce
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1