Which gift has your partner appreciated the most?

Keeps

6 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

You are right, there are notable exceptions.

I have met bargirls who own farms and homes in the provinces.

This in contrast with folks who are taken by surprise when the rent comes due each month.

I met a Thai woman in San Francisco decades ago, that was working in a massage parlor.   She told me that she was preparing to return to Thailand as she had finished paying for a farm, house, car, and truck for her mother and had a lot of money in the bank.   I think that was in 1988 or 1989. 

She spoke very good English and seemed to be a smart woman.  

30 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Thanks. Sounds like very good business acumen.

Jolly Green Giants tax is proposed to be on foreign investments/ cash transfers into Thailand.

As usual it is a total balls-up at the moment, if it actually happens.

Locate the thread about the taxing of foreign funds for more info.

Vietnam is looking more attractive every day.

Cheers.🙃🙃

I read some of that thread and the linked article.   I retired due to a military connected disability.   I am rated at 100% disabled due to my service in the Vietnam war.    I pay, no, tax on my disability pension which is more than I need to become a retiree in Thailand.   I think the Thai government might try to tax me on that, based the term, "other income" that was in the linked article. 

Both the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and the Pennsylvania State revenue service says, my disability pension is non taxable.   

13 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

You are right, there are notable exceptions.

I have met bargirls who own farms and homes in the provinces.

This in contrast with folks who are taken by surprise when the rent comes due each month.

Two bar girls from Soi 6 from about 15 years ago. One was keen, energetic, very popular and made you feel special. She didn't hang out and drink with the other girls after work. Saved all her money, bought a pickup and a small plot of land, built a house. Retired within 8 years, keeps chooks, grows veg and sells it down the local market.

The other one, same age, was less genuine, liked to get wrecked, saved nothing, unreliable and had a couple of kids from two different Thai guys back home. Now past her prime and still flogging her patch down in Patong.

On 11/6/2023 at 11:16 AM, cdemundo said:

thought I was in the wrong thread with some preceding posts.

Anyway I was wondering it this is a stand up pinball machine or a video game type replica?

Cool either way and an original gift idea

Thanks for sharing

full size stand up genuine stern pinball, not a digital type,
my wifes fave table is theatre of magic
but to import a pinball is a headache if you can even find an importer
and to import parts and build a replica would cost about 1m baht before any import fees
so i just went with a new collecters edition TMNT seemed fun with the spinning pizza
you can buy brand new pinballs from thailand pool tables
i think current delivery time is 8 months though, it may now be back to 4 months
they basically have all sterns new tables for order but do not expect all models/editions to be available
and do not expect to buy a collecters edition unless ordering prior to release
Premium editions are same as collectors but different artwork and not limited to 500
the pro versions are the basic version but usually miss a few features
the home versions are the cheapest and miss a lot but only a few models have home editions
Pinballs are not cheap especially here and you will also need to buy additional rubbers from US/EU too
plus any mods you may want
due to cost if you do think of purchasing a pinball be sure to checkout some pinball forums to get pinballers opinion on the table

• Thanks 2