State of recently build condos in Pattaya, example The Base

vangrop

40 minutes ago, NextG said:

No it isn’t and no they don’t. That’s just the opinion of ONE person, you. 
Why do you write when you really don’t have anything to say?

it is over rated, you like it, your opinion, i see much better views daily out and about, try it

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, newnative said:

My spouse and I have loved our ocean views at all the condos we owned and, no, the views did not get old--quickly or otherwise.  I think sea view condos are easier to sell and hold their value well--at least that has been our experience.  If you have seaview it automatically sets you apart from all the condos for sale that don't have a seaview so a lot of the competition is eliminated.

If you have an oceanfront condo you really don't need to be very high up.  When we owned at an oceanfront condo project in Wong Amat we were on floor 4 of a 6 story condo and had a beautiful view of the ocean as the building sat on a rise of about 2 stories above the beach.

your view, i see much better views everyday out and about in the countryside

32 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Certainly, it's always whatever floats your boat.  Some like a mountain view, some the bright lights of a city, etc.  My favorite view is both of the ocean and the beach shoreline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

it is over rated, you like it, your opinion, i see much better views daily out and about, try it

Never overrated, never gets old. No need to go out and about to have it. One can of course also go out and about as well.

• Like 2

When did it become that you had to choose one or the other? 🤭

Having both options available to you is better isn’t it?

Not one of your rational days I see…

• Like 2

@newnative can see the same countryside views…. if he gets on his bike. 
I have the panoramic sea and mountain views and then I can cycle around the countryside. 
Why are you sticking to this? Let it go, it’s was a nonsensical statement akin to ‘countryside views get old real quickly’. 
It’s nonsense, put it to bed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NextG said:

When did it become that you had to choose one or the other? 🤭

Having both options available to you is better isn’t it?

Not one of your rational days I see…

I have mountain view and sea view, but people banging on about a sea view it just isn't that important, sun direction is more important as is a nice view. Certainly i wouldn't want my balcony to face another condo. A high floor view also personal preference, no thanks, seeing sky isn't great

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

I have mountain view and sea view, but people banging on about a sea view it just isn't that important, sun direction is more important as is a nice view. Certainly i wouldn't want my balcony to face another condo. A high floor view also personal preference, no thanks, seeing sky isn't great

Banging on? It’s you who prolonged the discussion. 
There is sea view and there is sea view. For me, sea view means sea breeze and the sound of the sea to awake to each day. As close to beachfront as is possible. 
Maybe we have a different idea of what it means. It’s not that you can just see the water in the distance 😊

Let’s take a look at the view that you claim to have if you don’t mind sharing. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NextG said:

Banging on? It’s you who prolonged the discussion. 
There is sea view and there is sea view. For me, sea view means sea breeze and the sound of the sea to awake to each day. As close to beachfront as is possible. 
Maybe we have a different idea of what it means. It’s not that you can just see the water in the distance 😊

Let’s take a look at the view that you claim to have if you don’t mind sharing. 

People have different opinions to you just accept it, i know you think there is only one way, your way which comes across in all threads you post on

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

People have different opinions to you just accept it, i know you think there is only one way, your way which comes across in all threads you post on

Indeed people have different opinions. It’s just that no one agrees with yours. 
Perhaps next time you should suffix your absolute statements with ‘IMO’. That way everyone can just roll their eyes and, rightly, ignore you. 
But when you state that it is ‘over-rated’, that implies that at least some people agree with you….. but it seems that it’s just you. 
No surprise you didn’t post a pic of your partial sea view, far away from the water. 

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Sounds dreadful.

Idk man, different stroke for different folks... Not spending 1000 baht a year added maintenance fees on a fountain in the lobby seems like a good deal to me... Especially when multiplied across many units. 

6 hours ago, NextG said:

No it isn’t and no they don’t. That’s just the opinion of ONE person, you. 
Why do you write when you really don’t have anything to say?

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Living high up is also over rated, as is sea view, both get old quickly

Still valid though. The sun tends to reflect off the water so much during the day you usually need to close the curtains. Nice in the morning/evening. Same with the sky high up, very bright. Depends on a lot of things though, how close you are, etc. Another problem is dirty windows from the salty air that are hard to clean. Those windows you see on the property ad are always just cleaned! If you buy or rent a penthouse imagine it with dirty windows 🤣 and also your ability to reach around and clean them 🤷🏻‍♂️.

There are of course positives also, like nobody staring in, ability to leave the curtains open all night, etc.

Edited by JimTripper

7 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Still valid though. The sun tends to reflect off the water do much during the day you usually need to close the curtains. Depends on a lot of things though, how close you are, etc. Another problem is dirty windows from the salty air that are hard to clean. Those wifows you see on the property ad are always just cleaned!

🙄

It’s nonsense…. from two weird peas in a pod. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Certainly i wouldn't want my balcony to face another condo.

Are you paranoid they may be staring in? Do you have something to hide? Just nod and say hi, what's wrong with you? 🤣

Edited by JimTripper

Can’t remember if it was in Pattaya or Jomtien, but I saw a sign on one condo block offering units with either a sea or a mountain view. Now if it was on Croatia’s Adriatic coast, with a backdrop of the mile high Dinaric Alps rising straight from the sea, I might prefer a mountain view condo, but I think that the mountains of the Pattaya hinterland are a little underwhelming in comparison.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NextG said:

Indeed people have different opinions. It’s just that no one agrees with yours. 
Perhaps next time you should suffix your absolute statements with ‘IMO’. That way everyone can just roll their eyes and, rightly, ignore you. 
But when you state that it is ‘over-rated’, that implies that at least some people agree with you….. but it seems that it’s just you. 
No surprise you didn’t post a pic of your partial sea view, far away from the water. 

It's good you have a condo near the sea, keeps you calm, imagine how manic you'd be like if you were central

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Can’t remember if it was in Pattaya or Jomtien, but I saw a sign on one condo block offering units with either a sea or a mountain view. Now if it was on Croatia’s Adriatic coast, with a backdrop of the mile high Dinaric Alps rising straight from the sea, I might prefer a mountain view condo, but I think that the mountains of the Pattaya hinterland are a little underwhelming in comparison.

It's relative, Pratumnak mountain view is better than a view of fat falang going into bars, you are not going to get a Hanging gardens of Babylon view in Pattaya

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is it really possible to  hear the waves breaking on the sands from the 20th floor, 100m back from the beach itself, as claimed in that post?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Agree 1

My ideal sea view would be low rise overlooking a fishing harbour or marina where you can actually observe some activity of interest while enjoying a drink on the balcony. Just looking out onto a vast empty expanse of ocean which is typically what's on offer here isn't something I'd personally go out of my way to seek or pay a premium for. I have a spacious balcony in a low rise condo overlooking tropical central gardens, works for me relaxing reading a book or having a coffee, very peaceful. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Is it really possible to  hear the waves breaking on the sands from the 20th floor, 100m back from the beach itself, as claimed in that post?

I don't know what project is being referred to but, yes, we did sometimes hear the waves at some of the projects we lived at.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

My ideal sea view would be low rise overlooking a fishing harbour or marina where you can actually observe some activity of interest while enjoying a drink on the balcony. Just looking out onto a vast empty expanse of ocean which is typically what's on offer here isn't something I'd personally go out of my way to seek or pay a premium for. I have a spacious balcony in a low rise condo overlooking tropical central gardens, works for me relaxing reading a book or having a coffee, very peaceful. 

Totally agree.  I think if you are oceanfront facing the ocean and nothing else, a lower floor is better so you can see the beach, some vegetation, and activity.  If you are on a high floor, you'll likely just be seeing water and sky.  In order to see the beach, you'll have to go out to your balcony and look down.  Higher floor views can be nice, though, when you are looking at ocean, beach, shoreline, and city skyline, such as Northshore looking south and north.

Higher floors are desirable if you are not oceanfront.  We were on a high floor at Centric Sea, some distance from the ocean, and had nice views looking south, west, and north.   Our favorite oceanfront condo remains the one I mentioned in an earlier post that was on floor 4.  We had a view of the pool, gardens, some beach. and a fishing pier.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1