Axelrod suggests Biden drop out of 2024 presidential race

Social Media

27 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Hopefully Gavin Newsom or Michelle Obama.  Not Kamala Harris!

I would think it's Newsome.  He was just on a trip to China where Xi rolled out the red carpet for him, much better than any other recent US diplomat or politician.  Purely coincidental I'm sure.  Gavin did such a great job and continues to do a great job in California, just ask everyone in San Francisco.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

So much talents on the Dem side compare to the Maga GOP. Gov Gretchen Whitmer, Senator Cory Broker and Pete Buttigieg are possible replacement and can easily out debate any current GOP hopeful. 

Please let it be Mayor Pete or Spartacus...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

So much talents on the Dem side compare to the Maga GOP. Gov Gretchen Whitmer, Senator Cory Broker and Pete Buttigieg are possible replacement and can easily out debate any current GOP hopeful. 

Are they 'electable' on a national level?

6 hours ago, Morch said:

Who's gonna be the replacement candidate? How will he/she fare against Trump?

I think an excellent candidate would be Gretchen Whitmer, the popular governor of Michigan. And, even though it shouldn't make a difference, it doesn't hurt that she's easy on the eyes. Right now she's co-chair of Biden's reelection campaign. Which would make it awkward for her to rebel, but should Biden decide to step aside, would be a boost.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Talented bs artists? The Indian guy is by far the best candidate

Booker won't hold up to the scrutiny that he would be subjected to. 

The right-wing media has been making Michelle O. the ominous threat, and I like that, it gives them something to write about.  If someone knew just a little bit about her they would know she hated living in the fishbowl, so no chance of her running.  The exception would be if Biden was forced out of the race for health reasons, perhaps the party would put a big lean on her.

Of those mentioned above, Harris and Booker would be the worst IMO.

Axelrod used to be the very picture of a sleazy salesman, always the blue blazer.  And the mustache -- can't trust him since he shaved it. 

• Haha 1

It’s ageism pure and simple it isn’t performance if a person is rational he’s accomplished one heck of a lot especially in these divisive times.personally I like the experience he’s one magnificent old duffer in my opinion.I think a way forward could possibly be picking a new running mate.Harris would be fine in my estimation if called but I know she’s unpopular and like it or not there is alot of misogyny out there unfortunately all that being said the stakes are to high to risk another Trump disaster 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Tough to get rid of Harris. 

Probably Newsom, but I'm hoping Michelle. 

Ah yes, Michelle. Whose sole qualification to be president seems to be, "I slept beside a president for 8 years".   Can you imagine the screeching coming from the Kamala Harris household if Michelle Obama were actually nominated above her? Might be worth it just to see the fireworks. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Ah yes, Michelle. Whose sole qualification to be president seems to be, "I slept beside a president for 8 years".   Can you imagine the screeching coming from the Kamala Harris household if Michelle Obama were actually nominated above her? Might be worth it just to see the fireworks. 

This comment shows how deeply ingrained sexism is among the right wing. Kamala Harris would be screeching? And why the mention of "household"? Because a woman's place is in the home and that's where you imagine her spending her time?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

This comment shows how deeply ingrained sexism is among the right wing. Kamala Harris would be screeching? And why the mention of "household"? Because a woman's place is in the home and that's where you imagine her spending her time?

Yes, that is exactly it...

Given Harris' voice, screeching is appropriate. Her ingrained sense of entitlement would make it happen. Her household is where she would bitch at her husband about her perceived feelings of injustice at potentially being thrown aside for another WOC as the democratic nominee.  Is that so strange?

Oh, and did I mention that I think Nikki Haley would be a fine nominee for the GOP? You can add that to your litany of my sexism...

Edited by Hanaguma
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes, that is exactly it...

Given Harris' voice, screeching is appropriate. Her ingrained sense of entitlement would make it happen. Her household is where she would bitch at her husband about her perceived feelings of injustice at potentially being thrown aside for another WOC as the democratic nominee.  Is that so strange?

Oh, and did I mention that I think Nikki Haley would be a fine nominee for the GOP? You can add that to your litany of my sexism...

I've looked at youtube videos and have seen no evidence of screeching. And now you're imagining her in a situation where "she would bitch at her husband'? Not complaining to political associates and such but bitching to her husband. It's like you're purposely engaging in a parody of yourself.

• Like 1