First time entering on E-Visa, what do I need to do?

Hi, and thanks in advance for your help. My wife and I have been on O/A multi-entry visas for many years, but this is the first time for us as far as the E-Visa goes. From what I have seen in my research it looks like we just print out the E-visa approval document and present it and our passports to immigration on arrival. Has anyone been asked for any other documents for verification?

When entering Thailand on a Non Imm O-A Visa you also need to show the documents that you have a Non Imm O-A compliant Health-Insurance policy, 

You will then be stamped in for either

- 12 months (as the Non Imm O-A Visa entitles you to) OR

- the expiry date of that Non Imm O-A Health Insurance policy,

whichever is shortest. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the help everyone! I came through today and what was needed was our passports, the e-visa approval form that was e-mailed to us, and our certificates of health insurance. It was a bit slower than coming through with the visa sticker like days past, but not much. The officer stamped us in one year from the date our insurance started, which I had arranged to be the same day we entered. The only thing I don't see on the stamp is anything indicating it is a multiple entry visa, but maybe I don't know what I am looking for, I figure on taking the original e-visa approval letter showing that it's a multiple entry with me the first time I exit and re-enter just in case.

1 hour ago, Lee4Life said:

Thanks for the help everyone! I came through today and what was needed was our passports, the e-visa approval form that was e-mailed to us, and our certificates of health insurance. It was a bit slower than coming through with the visa sticker like days past, but not much. The officer stamped us in one year from the date our insurance started, which I had arranged to be the same day we entered. The only thing I don't see on the stamp is anything indicating it is a multiple entry visa, but maybe I don't know what I am looking for, I figure on taking the original e-visa approval letter showing that it's a multiple entry with me the first time I exit and re-enter just in case.

~

When re-entering Thailand on a Non Imm O-A Visa, Thai border-immigration will look for the validity date of the Visa in your passport, in conjunction with the expiry date of the Health-Insurance policy certificate, and stamp you in accordingly.

They will only be looking for a Re-Entry Permit when your Non Imm O-A Visa validity has expired, and you are re-entering on the Permission to Stay stamped in your passport when your last entered when the Visa was still valid.  Once your Visa has expired, that Permission to stay needs to be protected by a Re-Entry Permit when re-entering Thailand (otherwise it will be voided, and you would receive a 'simple' Visa Exempt 30-day Permission to stay).   Be aware that due to the original Non Imm O-A Visa on which you entered, that you always also have to provide proof of a valid Health-Insurance policy certificate (as your Permission to stay will be capped to the expiry date of that policy). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, it is what it is said:

without wanting to be a pedant, all i did was follow the instructions provided...

That would be nice if the instructions were all uniform for every consulate or embassy, take a look around, they aren't all the same. The instructions I found before I posted indicated that only the e-visa authorization letter was needed. I don't think anyone who has lived in Thailand for extended periods of time would believe that the instructions given are always complete. (and the same could be said for agencies of other countries as well).

• Thumbs Up 1