Hezbollah warns of regional war if Gaza bombing goes on

CharlieH

image.png

The second in command of Hezbollah - the powerful Iranian backed militia in Lebanon - has said Israel's killing of civilians in Gaza risks wider war in the Middle East.

Sheikh Naim Qassem told the BBC that "very serious and very dangerous developments could occur in the region, and no-one would be able to stop the repercussions".

Hezbollah's deputy leader was speaking in an interview in Beirut, as the Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza said more than 10,000 people had been killed there.

Israel's assault follows the Hamas attacks on 7 October which killed 1,400 people - 1,000 of them civilians.

"The danger is real," he said, "because Israel is increasing its aggression against civilians and killing more women and children. Is it possible for this to continue and increase, without bringing real danger to the region? I think not."

He insisted any escalation would be linked to Israel's actions. "Every possibility has a response," he said.

Hezbollah, "the Party of God" has plenty of possibilities.

The Shia Islamist group - classed as a terrorist organisation by the UK, US and the Arab League - is the largest political and military force in Lebanon.

So far its response to the war in Gaza has involved amplifying its warnings, but carefully calibrating its actions.

When an Israeli strike killed a woman and three children in southern Lebanon on Sunday, Hezbollah used Grad rockets for the first time in the conflict, killing an Israeli civilian.

Hezbollah's leader, Hassan Nasrallah, has threatened that every civilian death in Lebanon will reap another across the border. But notably, he has not threatened Israel with all-out war

While insisting that "all options are on the table" the militant group has confined itself to cross-border attacks, hitting mainly military targets. More than 60 of its fighters have been killed, but it has plenty more battle-hardened supporters to replace them. One fighter buried in Beirut this week was the fifth member of his family to die for Hezbollah, going back generations.

Throughout our interview the organisation's deputy leader tried to portray Hezbollah as a defensive organisation - though it is committed to Israel's destruction and sparked a war with Israel in 2006 by abducting two of its soldiers in a cross-border raid.

Sheikh Qassem claimed Israel "initiated the aggression against Gaza in a hideous way".

When the BBC pointed out that it was Hamas that had attacked Israel on 7 October, he defended the attacks as an inevitable response to Israeli occupation of Palestinian lands.

He repeated the unfounded claim that Israeli forces, not Hamas, killed many Israeli civilians. But what of the helmet cameras - worn by the Hamas militants themselves - showing them on a killing spree?

FULL STORY

BBC-LOGO.png

Seems that the US gave too many air defense missiles to israel. Looks like they may need to get some back.

https://www.rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/07112023

According to the Pentagon spokesman, a total of 45 US personnel were injured in the attacks, all of them prior to the US retaliatory strikes on facilities used by groups affiliated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) in Syria on October 26.  The attacks on US bases in Iraq and Syria were claimed by Iran-backed militias such as the Islamic Resistance in Iraq, a network of shadow Iraqi militia groups affiliated with the IRGC. 

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/israel-hamas-war-gaza-strip-2023-11-02/card/armed-drone-hit-u-s-barracks-in-iraq-failed-to-detonate-1AxAfJu5FZLOaQ87FQln

A drone laden with explosives believed to have been launched by an Iranian-backed militia crashed into the upper floor of a U.S. barracks at a base in Iraq but failed to detonate, U.S. officials said, underscoring the risks to U.S. forces in the Middle East during Israel’s war on Hamas. Had the drone exploded at Erbil air base on Oct. 25, it likely would have injured or killed U.S. troops, defense officials said. There were no reports of injuries.

• Confused 2

On 11/10/2023 at 4:41 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems that the US gave too many air defense missiles to israel. Looks like they may need to get some back.

https://www.rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/07112023

According to the Pentagon spokesman, a total of 45 US personnel were injured in the attacks, all of them prior to the US retaliatory strikes on facilities used by groups affiliated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) in Syria on October 26.  The attacks on US bases in Iraq and Syria were claimed by Iran-backed militias such as the Islamic Resistance in Iraq, a network of shadow Iraqi militia groups affiliated with the IRGC. 

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/israel-hamas-war-gaza-strip-2023-11-02/card/armed-drone-hit-u-s-barracks-in-iraq-failed-to-detonate-1AxAfJu5FZLOaQ87FQln

A drone laden with explosives believed to have been launched by an Iranian-backed militia crashed into the upper floor of a U.S. barracks at a base in Iraq but failed to detonate, U.S. officials said, underscoring the risks to U.S. forces in the Middle East during Israel’s war on Hamas. Had the drone exploded at Erbil air base on Oct. 25, it likely would have injured or killed U.S. troops, defense officials said. There were no reports of injuries.

The US has plenty of coverage.

I would worry about the Iranians, if I were you.

2 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

No one cares let them all kill each other then we can have peace  <deleted> all these idiots who believe in meaningless fantasy gods ,, the only real god is nature , the universe , mathematics and science

You don't care about over 4,000 children being killed by the IDF?

You Godless being. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

So where is their god to help them? clue, there isnt one

“The word God has become empty of meaning through thousands of years of misuse... By misuse, I mean that people who have never glimpsed the realm of the sacred, the infinite vastness behind that word, use it with great conviction, as if they knew what they are talking about. Or they argue against it, as if they knew what it is they are denying. This misuse gives rise to absurd beliefs, assertions, and egoic delusions, such as "My or our God is the only true God, and your God is false," or Nietzsche's famous statmeent "God is dead.”

― Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

So where is their god to help them? clue, there isnt one

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

“The word God has become empty of meaning through thousands of years of misuse... By misuse, I mean that people who have never glimpsed the realm of the sacred, the infinite vastness behind that word, use it with great conviction, as if they knew what they are talking about. Or they argue against it, as if they knew what it is they are denying. This misuse gives rise to absurd beliefs, assertions, and egoic delusions, such as "My or our God is the only true God, and your God is false," or Nietzsche's famous statmeent "God is dead.”

That must be a different rabbit.....

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

sounds like your replacing god with spiritual, neither exist

• Confused 1

Iran's 'Axis of Resistance' against Israel faces trial by fire

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/irans-axis-resistance-against-israel-faces-trial-by-fire-2023-11-15/

Basically Iran says to the Hamas 'you're on your own'.

Doesn't mean there won't be more of the same from Hezbollah, the Houthis and Iran-backed militias in Iraq/Syria - but probably not much beyond what's already happening.

14 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

sounds like your replacing god with spiritual, neither exist

Seems like a lot of spiritually devoid people on the planet. Humans are a vile species IMO, to do the things that have happened on and since October 7th.

Human history is filled with slaughter of the innocent, and it doesn't look like we are ever going to stop, till we exterminate ourselves, or another large asteroid comes our way.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

During Human History Millions of Children  and other inncocents have been murdered in the name of gods, or politics or greed or empires or by unelected kings ,,it matters not  as its human nature   and will never ever change 

I think it matters to the ones that were being murdered, or at least the ones left behind.

6 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

During Human History Millions of Children  and other inncocents have been murdered in the name of gods, or politics or greed or empires or by unelected kings ,,it matters not  as its human nature   and will never ever change 

It's not my nature, I've never harmed anyone.

• Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

I didn't slaughter anyone, so why include me?

I was talking about the human race, not individuals, as you very well know.

BTW, if you paid tax that was used to kill others, as in the Gulf War ( I think you were in the UK during Gulf 1 ) that makes you a contributor to war.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BTW, if you paid tax that was used to kill others, as in the Gulf War ( I think you were in the UK during Gulf 1 ) that makes you a contributor to war.

@thaibeachlovers

By that rationale, all the people of Gaza are complicit in the Hamas 7/10 attack....

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't accept your argument.

With no direct agreement from me to participate, I deny any and all responsibility.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I understand you volunteered ........ so what does that make you?

I never killed anyone, but I might have if sent into battle. However, I never claimed that I would not have if it came to it.

I did understand that joining the military might involve shooting at someone else. However, the military I joined didn't have a history of killing children.

Would you have been a conscientious objector if it came to it?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't accept your argument.

With no direct agreement from me to participate, I deny any and all responsibility.

Deny away, but as a member of the human race you are in it as much as anyone else. Just because you didn't point a rifle at someone and pull the trigger personally, the country that you paid tax to has a lot of dodgy stuff in it's history.