Young Russian Tourist Attacked and Robbed of Phone in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A 23-year-old Russian woman said she was attacked and robbed of her phone by two Thai men in Pattaya in the small hours of today, November 9th.

The tourist, identified by Pattaya police as 23-year-old Ms. Aleksandra Rychkova, was found in a state of shock after she said she had been robbed while on her way to a condominium from a convenience store.

The incident took place at 2 AM today near Jomtien Second Road, Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Ms. Aleksandra had suffered swollen bruises on her left temple. According to Mr. Wanchai Chaisorn, a 28-year-old condominium security guard who was the first to come to her aid, Ms. Aleksandra, using Google Translate, informed him that she had been attacked by two male muggers.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-11-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Pattaya night takes a dark turn: Russian tourist mugged in brutal phone snatch attack
by Puntid Tantivangphaisal

image.jpeg

Photo courtesy of Pattaya News

A distressing event unfolded in the early hours of today in Pattaya as a 23 year old Russian tourist, reported being mugged and assaulted by two Thai men.

The victim, Aleksandra Rychkova, was making her way back to her condominium after a late-night visit to a convenience store when she was brutally attacked, with her phone stolen in the process.

The incident occurred around 2am today near Jomtien Second Road, located in the Nongprue sub-district of the Banglamung district, Chon Buri province. Rychkova was discovered by Wanchai Chaisorn, a 28 year old security guard at a local condominium, who was the first to respond to her distress.

Using Google Translate to communicate, Rychkova revealed to Chaisorn that she had been brutally mugged by two men.

The Pattaya tourist police were immediately notified and arrived swiftly at the scene. The Russian tourist, still in a state of shock, managed to relay the horrific details of the assault. She described her attackers as Thai men who had approached her on a motorcycle.

by Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of Pattaya News

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

At 2am going to buy what?

In all my life here I can't remember having bought something at 7/11 at that time?

But maybe she ran out of booze or condoms? Who knows?

But sure the 2 criminals have to be identified and fined. I doubt they still have the "expensive" phone.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

At 2am going to buy what?

In all my life here I can't remember having bought something at 7/11 at that time?

But maybe she ran out of booze or condoms? Who knows?

But sure the 2 criminals have to be identified and fined. I doubt they still have the "expensive" phone.

Some Mama noodles for supper?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I remember being robbed in Naples Italy, many years ago.

My girlfriend went to our rented car in the morning to get something, came back, in a state of panic.

'The car has been broken in, she said, and everything has been taken'.

I remember telling her that it was ok. She got a bit puzzled.

I said hey, they stole everything, while we were sleeping. And I thank them for that, no violence.

Now how come these two men could not find a way to steal a phone, without violence?

Why?

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Sig said:

You don't seriously define the world by your own limited life experience, do you? I can't imagine not knowing that 7-11 does thriving business at 2 a.m., especially in many areas of Pattaya. I don't suppose they are open for business at that hour to lose money....
Maybe she needed to buy something for her sick infant child? Or maybe she is staying with a Thai family and the grandma is sick and needed something to help her get through the night better. Why the need to assume crap like booze or condoms? What a sadly negative and pessimistic way of thinking. I'm glad I don't have friends who automatically think the worst of things I may do at any given time that may be out of the ordinary of their personal experience....

It's open at that time of night to serve long distance travelers and pi$$ heads.

• Sad 1