Who lives with in Asia with their farang wife

georgegeorgia

2 hours ago, NextG said:

I’m saying that I don’t have a problem meeting women in general. Sex workers aren’t on my list, but that doesn’t stop them trying. If it was my wont, I could avail myself of freebies offered(more than you would imagine), but I don’t lower myself to that. 

Sex workers offering you freebies. Get over yourself dreamer.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

This might surprise you but not every available woman in Thailand is a hooker. 

What surprises me is that an old man, who is supposed to be wise, comes out with such a vacuous comment; even if it were meant in jest. 
How would he know what was available if she wasn’t a ‘hooker’?

Real relationships aren’t just based on how a person looks from the outside, so on what criteria could he compare?

Superficial. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

What surprises me is that an old man, who is supposed to be wise, comes out with such a vacuous comment; even if it were meant in jest. 
How would he know what was available if she wasn’t a ‘hooker’?

Real relationships aren’t just based on how a person looks from the outside, so on what criteria could he compare?

Superficial. 

Your post makes absolutely no sense.

Sex workers offering you freebies. Get over yourself dreamer.

People like to be with people they actually like. Is that an alien concept to you or has paying for everything skewed any normalcy that might have been left in you?

Just now, NextG said:

People like to be with people they actually like. Is that an alien concept to you or has paying for everything skewed any normalcy that might have been left in you?

You certainly don't come across as very likable from your posts. Sounds like you have a very inflated opinion of yourself.

Just now, giddyup said:

You certainly don't come across as very likable from your posts. Sounds like you have a very inflated opinion of yourself.

Sometimes the truth is better than being mealy mouthed in order to ‘fit in’. 
Birds of a feather and all that. I have high quality people around me who share my values. An exploitative sex tourist doesn’t share my values. 

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I see myself as ‘normal’. Of course people who aren’t ’normal’ will notice a difference. 

6 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

"pay" ?   your reading comprehension suffers again.    Is English your second language ?   

Yes, pay. That is what the underlying tone here. That you are taking ‘milk to the cow’. As if some cheap prostitute is somehow better than a life partner. Pathetic. 

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

Yes, pay. That is what the underlying tone here. That you are taking ‘milk to the cow’. As if some cheap prostitute is somehow better than a life partner. Pathetic. 

So all  Thai women are cheap prostitutes in your opinion?    Sad, pathetic, classless    but at least you're consistent.    

Edited by charleskerins
grammar correction
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, charleskerins said:

So all  Thai women are cheap prostitutes in your opinion?    Sad, pathetic, classless    but at least your consistent.    

Your words, not mine. 
I wrote that how could he compare without actually knowing what was on offer? So you must be referring to some superficial aspect. In which case he could do that in his own country. 
So no, he cannot compare because no decent woman would be available to him. 

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Your words, not mine. 
I wrote that how could he compare without actually knowing what was on offer? So you must be referring to some superficial aspect. In which case he could do that in his own country. 
So no, he cannot compare because no decent woman would be available to him. 

Translation -you're clueless.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

And yet these "used up women" are offering freebies to him. The guy is clearly delusional.

and I decline their ‘offers’. Delusional I am not. 
Our worlds are quite different. Sex tourists base their relationships in money. Mine are on connections. The difference between exploitative and consensual. 

Where I stay in Thailand – Koh Samui – the number of men with or without a live-in Thai partner, seems to be less than ladies, with or without a live-in Thai partner, and foreign couples. The latter both in young age and as retirees.

In my local community there seems to be equal amount of each – yes, I have counted all that I'm familiar with – so one third foreign males. On the island as a whole it might be fifty-fifty. I even know of one very attractive young lady from my home country with a middle aged Thai boyfriend and both American, British and French couples.

Ops, forget to mention Russian and Ukrainian couples, there are numerous of those now.

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Probably true especially in Pattaya 

I don´t understand what kind of problem you have with Pattaya? Why on earth would it be hard for a western couple to settle down there and retire. Same as older people comes to Thailand, find a Thai woman and marry her. that would be same hard to maintain in Pattaya according to your view, right? You know, some of us aren´t focused on the most banging for the bucks (Count me out of that, I like to bang). However, there are people that are faithful 100% and could never even think about f-ing around. Ok, I feel sorry for them, but it´s the truth in some sad cases. :cheesy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

There are sooooo many here living with their Farang wives. Have you ever been to Jomtien? It's full of Russians with their Russian gf or wife and/or kids too.

That's a bit different, Russians mostly don't seem to partake in the sex industry, I doubt the op was including Russians in "farang"

Edited by scubascuba3

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I don´t understand what kind of problem you have with Pattaya? Why on earth would it be hard for a western couple to settle down there and retire. Same as older people comes to Thailand, find a Thai woman and marry her. that would be same hard to maintain in Pattaya according to your view, right? You know, some of us aren´t focused on the most banging for the bucks (Count me out of that, I like to bang). However, there are people that are faithful 100% and could never even think about f-ing around. Ok, I feel sorry for them, but it´s the truth in some sad cases. :cheesy:

And I'm sorry for you that your wife is either not attractive enough, or you just don't respect her enough to stay faithful.