Laundry machines with barely any water

scubascuba3

They are HE machines and require detergent for HE machines, else they bubble too much and leave residue behind. My first such machine was over 15 years ago and I ruined it by using wrong detergent. It was forced on washing machine manufacturers by the EU directive, if I remember correctly. Most new front-loaders are HE models now.

28 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

They are HE machines and require detergent for HE machines, else they bubble too much and leave residue behind. My first such machine was over 15 years ago and I ruined it by using wrong detergent. It was forced on washing machine manufacturers by the EU directive, if I remember correctly. Most new front-loaders are HE models now.

Yes, I have a front loader myself since years I never seen any water in it, I know there is because you can it hear splashing 

6 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

No notices saying special detergent required, I used standard liquid detergent, Otteri usually says no powder. In Otteri you definitely see water usually

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Both the liquid and powder for front-loaders have a picture of a front-loader on the packaging. The wrong stuff foams too much and won't rinse properly.

Like this: -

image.png.1cfa349d00061887761e9dcbb0774436.png

Not this: -

image.png.4643db6f2b0400648d38df32c3889a4f.png

Even I can get the right stuff (we have both types of machine so failure isn't a disaster).

Yes the detergent specifies machine type but these new machines didn't specify anything special , so I guess normal rules apply per the detergent label

2 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

@scubascuba, even my old Siemens w.m. of more than 11 years old was already full with little water.

B.t.w., the coffee, priced below 250 thb/kg satisfies satisfactorily.

Could contain:

The reason I queried it is because I've been using Otteri machines (250k each) for years, always see water, kinda normal. Then I do a 60⁰ wash and see nothing, then I switch laundries and use a futuristic new LG and see nothing, if I had to bet on it I'd say the LG was fine but the Otteri had a blockage

• Thumbs Up 1

I had the same problem with my new frontloader some years ago. Found a YouTube video that addressed the matter. You need to remove the top lid and you will find a plastic valve that needs to be opened to the desired water level. 

At the the laundry  I use the detergent and softener is automated with the machine. There is a line which states do not fill above in English and Thai. I have seen some customers force that much in there would be no room for the water.

Edited by ripstanley

12 hours ago, khunPer said:

I have a fairly new LG. The machine checks the weight of the laundry – or the amount, I got no clue how it works – and adds just enough water to clean it; saving water. LG is a fine laundry machine...:thumbsup:

Can you post the make & model number? My current washing machine is about 8 years old and acting up and it's time for a replacement, TIA.

7 hours ago, Taccos said:

I had the same problem with my new frontloader some years ago. Found a YouTube video that addressed the matter. You need to remove the top lid and you will find a plastic valve that needs to be opened to the desired water level. 

Do you remember the search term you used to find that video?   I tried but had no luck.  

Never mind.   Found it. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=water+level+adjustment+in+front+loading+washing+machine.+lg

Edited by radiochaser
  • Like 1

If in the process of changing the washing maching, stay away from those swanky shiny high-tech machines that look like karaoké party speakers. Sure it looks nice to display in a home but far to much tech and very delicate if left unused for long months, Get the cheapest one in the shop with no swanky leds or functions. Strong chances are it will last longer.

On 11/10/2023 at 9:25 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Today I tried a new laundry, all new latest LGs, I could barely see any water, 2nd time, Otteri place barely any water at 60⁰, sometimes there is a water issue but is this the new normal or a blockage?

are you in thailand man? here they mosttly laundry with cold water

?.

On 11/11/2023 at 5:54 AM, Crossy said:

Both the liquid and powder for front-loaders have a picture of a front-loader on the packaging. The wrong stuff foams too much and won't rinse properly.

Like this: -

image.png.1cfa349d00061887761e9dcbb0774436.png

Not this: -

image.png.4643db6f2b0400648d38df32c3889a4f.png

Even I can get the right stuff (we have both types of machine so failure isn't a disaster).

Front Loaders use less water ,,  the tumbling action works to get the material cleaner ....   also ..

about  years ago   I had a back upfrom my gray water septic to the house ..    when the  septic company doug it up..    first words out of his mouth

were ..  STOP..  using powder detergent  it gradually cakes up into a cheese ball ( and stinks like hell )

see the picture and the  2 white lumps at the bottom  soap.thumb.jpg.ef7edbee2e116626ca3c2a8d1c1c71d2.jpgs /  balls in the forground

• Agree 1