Parallel Populist Project Unveiled For The Well-To-Do

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

According to the prime minister, the eligible recipient of the e-refund project will have their individual income tax refunded by shopping for a maximum of 50,000 baht in market value of merchandise in their home district in a six-month period from next May.

So hi-so Thais will get a 50,000 baht tax credit? Or will this be an outright cash payment? And before anyone says "read the story in the link" there is nothing else there. It's all slippery.

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

jesus... this gvt will surely put the last nail in the coffin for this country. only ones who wont be entitled to anything will be the FALANG. come to think of it... we will be entitled to taxation without representation.

Seems like you shall just shop for 50k baht of your taxed foreign transfers and make an e-refund application...:thumbsup::biggrin:

Edited by khunPer

They should do more.

I want at least a rate of 50 to 60 THB per EUR.

Let's go.

How about a debt wallet?

10000 THB given to everyone to use as collateral to take on a couple of hundred thousands THB in debt ?

Great. Validated. Scheduled for next week.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2023 at 11:27 AM, Pouatchee said:

jesus... this gvt will surely put the last nail in the coffin for this country. only ones who wont be entitled to anything will be the FALANG. come to think of it... we will be entitled to taxation without representation.

Prayut government also has the same scheme called “ shop dee mee khuen” allowing people to deduct taxable income with local purchases. All Falang are entitled to this scheme if you pay tax. I used that scheme to reduce my personal taxable income.