Sedan Plunges Down Patong Hill after Crash, Driver Blames Brake Failure

webfact

image.jpeg

Patong – A female sedan driver escaped injury after she was unable to control her sedan before it crashed into another sedan and plunged down Patong Hill.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident on Sunday (November 12th) on a minor road behind the Tiger Shrine on Patong Hill. They arrived at the scene to find the blue sedan five meters down the hill.

The unidentified female driver had escaped serious injury. Another damaged sedan was found on the road nearby.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2023-11-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

Ah these brake failures.

Seem to always happen in a dangerous road, downhill, or lots of curves, or narrow, anything that require vigilance.

They all claim lots of vigilance, but then the brakes, these darn brakes, they can fail...

Anyone here had a brake failure, anyone?? Motorcycle, car, even bicycle... Anyone.

But here, darn, seems like all the cars on this land were made in a remote rural area. Lots of savings on excise taxes...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Had a brake hose fail once, down hill, just before I was going to take a left turn, Luckily I was in a low gear so just went past the turn and stopped on the hand brake. Vigilance has nothing to do with changing down a gear or two. Thais have no pride in their driving. 

I had a different experience,driving a 1907 Renault,universal joint broke,tail shaft dropped to the road,brakes worked on gearbox output shaft so "no brakes".Luckily on a lonely rural road no traffic except for the cars owner on my Triumph m/c riding beside me.