Women and Thailand expert discusses the misconceptions about Thai women.

Goat

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've never have sex with women that old, so it would be outside my experience.

I tried to, once. On a 3rd date, during a period of my life where I wrongfully thought I should at least try dating women my age. When she started sending me all the signals, the hair on my arms stood up, and I claimed to have gotten sick, and bailed. I was literally scared of what I would find! No thanks. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've never have sex with women that old, so it would be outside my experience.

I've had sex with a 60 yo a few times. Not beautiful. but she more than made up for that deficiency with skills and enthusiasm.

22 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Facts are not arrogant. I did not invent the microchip, so I'm not taking credit directly or by association with Jack Kilby. I can point to inventors and discoverers all over the world, from large and small countries, but not a single one from Thailand. To the best of my knowledge, Maxwell wasn't Thai. Nor Faraday. Nor Niels Bohr. Nor Einstein, Newton, Planck, Dirac, Galileo, Franklin, Archimedes, Pythagoras, Rousseau, Mills, Poincaire, von Neumann, Salk....none of those who have done so much to explain what life and existence and the laws of nature are.

As for exploiting other nations, most regions have taken their turn at doing it, whether it's the Greeks, Romans, Vikings, Mongols, Moslems, Brits, Dutch, Spanish, Italians, Americans....we tend to concentrate on the latest. Certainly Southeast Asia is no stranger to intra-regional conflicts and invasions, some of which still simmer today, such as in southern Thailand.

My post noted that Thais are taught of their superiority, only (for some) to find out they alone so believe. That some men come to Thailand finding the women appealing has zero bearing on anyone's superiority or inferiority. It's simply a personal taste for some. A few hundred thousand (at most) men in a world with 4 billion males is not even a rounding error.

You fail to see the forest for the trees, for some reason bogged down with pointless worries about wokeism or PC. In the overall scheme of things, those are not even minor issues. One might surmise that inability to succeed in your own culture and society has left you bitter and has you seeing Thailand as something it might not be. Maybe you should move back to Thailand and rid yourself of the "wokeism" that is so stuck under your craw.

Chiding Thai for not producing great Western scientists while they enjoy their own culture suggests your hat may be on backwards, not theirs. Your own Western sense of superiority may obscure your view.

I've been here decades longer than you and honestly don't see what you're talking about. What you may misinterpret is their sense of being  really different from foreigners combined with communication difficulties between Thai and foreigners, they can't rank you without knowing you. Try looking at things the other way around and you may be surprised.

Or maybe, you just lack a good intellectual Thai partner. 

May I introduce you to Chayanit Asawatangtrakuldee, a nuclear physicist who works at CERN and ranks as no. 1 in Thailand, 49th in Asia, and no. 561 worldwide with 1201 publications and 158305 citations. 

But you said you want pretty. Image

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Were they small massage parlours on back streets?

IME sex in various forms is negotiable in all types of massage establishments in Thailand, except those where there are notices specifically prohibiting it.

On 11/27/2023 at 4:54 PM, rabas said:

Chiding Thai for not producing great Western scientists while they enjoy their own culture suggests your hat may be on backwards, not theirs. Your own Western sense of superiority may obscure your view.

I've been here decades longer than you and honestly don't see what you're talking about. What you may misinterpret is their sense of being  really different from foreigners combined with communication difficulties between Thai and foreigners, they can't rank you without knowing you. Try looking at things the other way around and you may be surprised.

May I introduce you to Chayanit Asawatangtrakuldee, a nuclear physicist who works at CERN and ranks as no. 1 in Thailand, 49th in Asia, and no. 561 worldwide with 1201 publications and 158305 citations. 

Damn she's hot. She can put an atom rod on me

On 11/25/2023 at 3:33 PM, MrJ2U said:

Some foreign guy expousing his superior knowledge about Thai women.

Absolute garbage. 

Dan has lived here for two decades. 

Expert despite not being able to string a single sentence together of Thai and incredibly not even yet managed to pronounce Pattaya properly yet.

he will get there eventually i am sure.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Please brush up on your reading skills before posting.

Don't give up your day job, you'll never make it as a comedian.

Is your day job posting on ASEAN?

I think what Dan is trying to say is that because many farangs sadly marry Thai prostitutes, then everyone asumes that when they see a farang with a Thai female that she must be a prostitute.

So it really isnt the Thai prostitutes fault, because they dont really see these blokes as real husbands, more like VIP customers.

This stigma really comes from the farangs who married them.

3 minutes ago, Goat said:

I think what Dan is trying to say is that because many farangs sadly marry Thai prostitutes, then everyone asumes that when they see a farang with a Thai female that she must be a prostitute.

So it really isnt the Thai prostitutes fault, because they dont really see these blokes as real husbands, more like VIP customers.

I don't agree with the notion Thai bar girls are any worse  than any other Thai women with respect to their conduct with foreigners. Like most humans, it's a spectrum.

I do agree many Thais assume any Thai woman with a foreigner is a prostitute. Given they are class-ridden, poorly educated snobs, their opinion is irrelevant to me.

A very common refrain I get from the Thai women I meet is their desire for the company of a foreigner, in preference to a Thai male. Almost invariably, they have had a prior relationship with a Thai.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Goat said:

"Sadly" is a gratuitous subjective value judgment. "Because" is a non-sequitur: not everyone assumes, only those with particular attitudes. Lots of those here, of course. Nor does previous self-employment as a prostitute mean she is a prostitute now. Again, mongers will assume that all Thai women are prostitutes anyway, or indeed ALL women. "Pay one way or the other" is one of the ANF Poster Sacred Truths.

"They" have no idea how an individual Thai wife regards her "bloke" of a husband. Bigoted, stereotypical speculation. Perhaps the bloke doesn't see the wife as a real wife either but a paid employee. Who knows?

No. The stigma, if any, comes from the idiots who merely observe them and then pass ignorant judgment for self-satisfying reasons.

The thread has inevitably degenerated into posters talking about their sex lives and should be closed IMO.

Edited by BigStar

On 11/27/2023 at 2:32 PM, Captain Monday said:

Really?  I found out why one never got married. Nice looking lady office never had kids near 50 nice body.

Total Starfish. Doesnt do oral said it is abnormal. I'd rather have a toss honestly.

She probably preferred if you had a toss instead of bothering her about it.

Back in the day I never had a BG that did oral. IMO it's a younger person's thing and a 50 year old woman isn't into young people's sex stuff.

IMO the older one gets the less tolerant for other people one becomes, so older women are not a good option.

• Agree 1

On 11/27/2023 at 11:09 PM, MangoKorat said:

Were they small massage parlours on back streets?

No. It was probably the worst kept secret that massage parlours had sex for sale and the cops didn't bother them. No need to hide away.

Since then NZ legalised prostitution in brothels, so I assume that is why massage parlours are no longer in evidence.

BTW, some absolutely gorgeous women worked in them, and they were very nice people as well. Not all, of course.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She probably preferred if you had a toss instead of bothering her about it.

Back in the day I never had a BG that did oral. IMO it's a younger person's thing and a 50 year old woman isn't into young people's sex stuff.

IMO the older one gets the less tolerant for other people one becomes, so older women are not a good option.

I wouldn’t want somebody to do anything she does not heartily enjoy. 1 “abnormal” out of dozens I don’t count and about 30 percent of are guzzlers. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I wouldn’t want somebody to do anything she does not heartily enjoy. 1 “abnormal” out of dozens I don’t count and about 30 percent of are guzzlers. 

Seems that "oral" is now considered to be a normal sexual practice, though I'm pretty sure that's a new thing. It was even illegal some years ago.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is-oral-sex-still-illegal/

Some states still have laws against oral sex on their books.

On 11/28/2023 at 3:10 PM, Lacessit said:

A very common refrain I get from the Thai women I meet is their desire for the company of a foreigner, in preference to a Thai male. Almost invariably, they have had a prior relationship with a Thai.

Because the ones you meet are bargirls, usually single mothers and Thai blokes are not interested, so as a defense they say they dont want a Thai man.

But statistics show that over 98.5% of non prostitute Thai females in a hetrosexual relationship have chosen a Thai man.

On 11/29/2023 at 4:44 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Back in the day I never had a BG that did oral.

They always have. 

maybe it was something to do with your personal hygeine or maybe you possess a very hideous one?

6 hours ago, Goat said:

Because the ones you meet are bargirls, usually single mothers and Thai blokes are not interested, so as a defense they say they dont want a Thai man.

But statistics show that over 98.5% of non prostitute Thai females in a hetrosexual relationship have chosen a Thai man.

How many male foreigners are there in Thailand, and how many male Thais? The figure you cite is an example of the aphorism there are lies, damned lies, and statistics. It's like saying 99% of Thais prefer pad thai goong over cottage pie.

My Thai massage lady is a classic example. AFAIK she has never been a prostitute. When she was 30 yo, her husband told her she was no longer attractive, and dumped her. She has asked me if I have any friends who would be interested in a hard-working companion, which she is.

You are correct in saying Thai men are not interested in single mothers, because many are as shallow as a mud puddle. It's a bridge too far to automatically label all of them as bar girls, therefore prostitutes.

The guys who end up marrying their golf caddies, are those women all prostitutes too?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My Thai massage lady is a classic example. AFAIK she has never been a prostitute. When she was 30 yo, her husband told her she was no longer attractive, and dumped her. She has asked me if I have any friends who would be interested in a hard-working companion, which she is.

You are correct in saying Thai men are not interested in single mothers, because many are as shallow as a mud puddle. It's a bridge too far to automatically label all of them as bar girls, therefore prostitutes.

I've only had a few girl friends here but all of them seemed to have bad blood with Thai men after some bad experience. I try to talk them down off the idea that you can marry some western guy and fix all your problems since you trading in one set of problems for another.

Having said that Thai men seem to really struggle with infidelity. I never knew so many people to have affairs as these guys do so I don't blame them for looking outside in that regard.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

How many male foreigners are there in Thailand, and how many male Thais? The figure you cite is an example of the aphorism there are lies, damned lies, and statistics. It's like saying 99% of Thais prefer pad thai goong over cottage pie.

The guys who end up marrying their golf caddies, are those women all prostitutes too?

It's kinda hard to say how couples are viewed in general society.

Yeah, in Thailand if you see a 60/70 year old slopping around the mall with a couple of rugrats and a wife in tow young enough to be his Granddaughter, well I'd be hard pushed to deny the stereotype.

In other cultures it's not quite the same. 

I met my wife in Singapore, we're roughly the same age and the sight of a white guy with an asian woman is commonplace.

Walk down any street in San Francisco and the same is true, and no-one gives it a second thought.

Thailand however is different.

The age differential is more extreme, and the abundance of the sex industry does affect folks perception about farang/Thai relationships

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You are correct in saying Thai men are not interested in single mothers, because many are as shallow as a mud puddle.

Having done so and regretting it, if Thai men are not interested in single mothers they are in the right, IMO. Bringing up other men's children is a mug's game IMO.

No one that hasn't done so has zero idea what it's like.

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Depends if they married their much older husbands for "love" whatever that is, or for the better life they can lead due to their husband's money. Marrying for wealth is no different than having sex for money, IMO, as both involve money and sex.

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Having done so and regretting it, if Thai men are not interested in single mothers they are in the right, IMO. Bringing up other men's children is a mug's game IMO.

No one that hasn't done so has zero idea what it's like.

I've not done it myself, but I work with a guy who is raising another man's child.

He loves her exactly as if she were his own. 

Now maybe it's because he's been her Dad since she was two years old, never knew her biological Dad, but it can work out

2 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I've not done it myself, but I work with a guy who is raising another man's child.

He loves her exactly as if she were his own. 

Now maybe it's because he's been her Dad since she was two years old, never knew her biological Dad, but it can work out

It might work with one so young at the start. My two were 8 and 10.

If I could go back, I'd never even consider taking up with their mother again.

Looking back on the episode, the biggest regret is that I never had a time with the woman without the children taking preference over me. I certainly didn't get involved with her so I could pay for her children, but it was a hard learned lesson

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It might work with one so young at the start. My two were 8 and 10.

If I could go back, I'd never even consider taking up with their mother again.

Looking back on the episode, the biggest regret is that I never had a time with the woman without the children taking preference over me. I certainly didn't get involved with her so I could pay for her children, but it was a hard learned lesson

I get that, it must be hard.

Thankfully I've never had to navigate that minefield, all my kids are mine, well at least I think they are!

But joking aside, it's a tough row to hoe, and I know for many it just doesn't work out

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2023 at 6:54 AM, rabas said:

It must be cherry season, because they're being picked. Chanyanit is one of 66 million. Einstein, Feynman, Oppenheimer, von Neumann, Bethe, Pauli, Bohr, Mandelbrot, Born, Ricardo, Spinoza, and so many others are members of an ethnicity which, in addition to be persecuted for thousands of years, has never been even a rounding error in its percent of the total human population.

I do not claim any credit for what your avatar did (including playing the bongos naked), so it isn't any western sense of superiority. I merely look at the data and came to a conclusion. Maybe discovery and invention is partly attributed to a critical mass of intellect being in the same place at the same time, and historical Thailand never enjoyed that critical mass. The Renaissance in Europe had that critical mass. In the UK in the days of Faraday and Maxwell, there was that critical mass. In Europe in the early 1900s, there was that critical mass of physicists. Sometimes events lead to the creation of a critical mass of intellect, such as the emergence of the Nazis brought so many together at Los Alamos (including Feynman). A critical mass developed in California in the 1980s, which led to Silicon Valley and the modern tech economy.

Many cultures had their day in the sun. Some had it, then faded away. Some still have it. Some never had it. Lots of books have been written and much controversial research has been done to try to explain this, but either no one has come up with the answer, or the answer is too uncomfortable to consider in polite company.

As noted in my post, all cultures and nations create myths which they teach their members. Pride can result, even false pride. Sometimes it even elicits a feeling of superiority, where members think the greatness of their fellows falls a bit on those who achieved nothing. That's the primary currency of the White Supremacists. I think some cultures inculcate that belief in superiority into their members better than others, often without cause or reason.

I recall a long ago interview with Orson Wells who was of the opinion that one particular minority had, pound for pound, achieved infinitely more than any other ethnic group. Many, myself included, would agree with him (as is clear in this post). In polite company we might be allowed to have a top, but we are not allowed to have a bottom. Especially today we suffer from a kind of cognitive dissonance, where we accept that there are #1s, but no lowest in anything. Rather than look for reasons and try to correct what may be due to a host of fixable factors, we accept, that except for the #1s we allow, everybody else is equal, when an objective look at reality says quite the opposite.

Perhaps someone can explain why achievement is so narrowly focused, not only among individuals, but even between cultures.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1