Entertainment venues to open until 4am, but no alcohol sale to drunks

webfact

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

What a bunch of dimwits, so now a bar tender suppose to judge who is drunk and who's in not and be responsible for it?

i tell ya, the mind boggling ideas i read here enough to ask yourself: is there anyone there really knows what the're doing?...

I would say the answer to that is a resounding NO!

They are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Places like Australia do just that. A friend of mine with a very fair complexion often gets refused service there, because he goes red after a few beers, and the bar staff think he's drunk. Venues face enormous fines and suspension of their liquor licence for serving people who are intoxicated. 

It's a shame. Thailand never used to be a nanny state.

Relax. Thailand is very much NOT Australia.

Thailand = millions of rules, most of which are never enforced.

It is called "Making Face."🙃🙃

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, sidneybear said:

Places like Australia do just that. A friend of mine with a very fair complexion often gets refused service there, because he goes red after a few beers, and the bar staff think he's drunk. Venues face enormous fines and suspension of their liquor licence for serving people who are intoxicated. 

It's a shame. Thailand never used to be a nanny state.

Don’t be silly. This law has been in existence for many years, so it always HAS been a nanny state. But like many laws, it’s ignored so you won’t notice any difference.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

who is idiot, does he not realise how stupid this is

how on earth is this man employed in a highly responsible position

getting into a vehicle and driving while drunk has nothing to do with the venue, why not ask the person if they intend to drive before serving them a drink.............like they are going tell

it is the sole responsibility of the police to catch and prosecute drunk drivers, if they were actively doing this then just maybe people wouldn't make the choice to do it in the first place

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

What a bunch of dimwits, so now a bar tender suppose to judge who is drunk and who's in not and be responsible for it?

i tell ya, the mind boggling ideas i read here enough to ask yourself: is there anyone there really knows what the're doing?...

And what do define as drunk? Above 0.05?

25 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Don’t be silly. This law has been in existence for many years, so it always HAS been a nanny state. But like many laws, it’s ignored so you won’t notice any difference.

believe it or not the UK has a law exactly like this as do most countries in the west, how it is used is a mystery 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, wombat said:

partygoers will have to undergo alcohol tests before leaving,

or what

are they making the assumption that everyone is driving - just shows the mindset and what the real problem is - they know and assume everyone drinks and drives

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Has there always been a law in Thailand that forbids serving alcohol to intoxicated persons? I wasn't aware of it.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thailand Health Minister yesterday stressed that entertainment venues must not serve alcohol to customers who are already drunk,

So what happens to the group at a table that buys whiskey buy the bottle, not allowed to finish it?