Rishi Sunak to bring in emergency law after supreme court’s Rwanda ruling

CharlieH

On 11/16/2023 at 2:53 PM, JayClay said:

Bad news, Rishi... The judge clearly stated in his verdict that there are also obligations under both domestic and UN law.

I'm sure minor details like that won't be mentioned by your friends in the Tory press, so you'll no doubt have your culture war. But it won't win you enough votes this time...

Domestic law can be changed and if the UN loves them so much send them all to New York where the UN can look after them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 11/16/2023 at 4:11 PM, eisfeld said:

The trajectory of the UK towards abolishing human rights at a record pace is a bit worrying.

To "solve" the problem by just declaring Rwanda safe by law is a bit boneheaded. You can't redefine reality via law and expect everything to be fine.

Since when was the law anything but an <deleted>?

It's not a problem just for the UK, Irish Republic in the news right now, also Italy, Germany and The Netherlands have huge problems with illegal migrants.

Letting untold numbers of Albanians in the UK is going to cause big problems down the line

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

On 11/25/2023 at 3:16 PM, JonnyF said:

Exactly. This is 2023 where a woman can declare themselves a man, a man can declare himself a 13 year old girl and a child can declare himself a cat.

So why can't we declare Rwanda safe? It's our truth.

But seriously - Rwanda is pretty safe. Probably safer than being a Jew in London.

Sad times.

Certainly safer than being a Palestinian in Gaza.

I'm constantly bemused by claims that anyone has a "right" to be taken care of by British taxpayers as long as they can arrive on a leaky rubber boat. If it's the "law", then the "law" or rather the <deleted>s that wrote it is/ are <deleted>, In My Opinion.

If Thailand had the same nuttso laws, I could have turned up on a leaky rubber boat and be living the life of Riley there. Unfortunately it doesn't, so kudos to them for not being sucked into the morass of western lunacy.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, JemJem said:

Why is Rwanda agreeing to this? Will a major amount of money change hands? 

Is that a rhetorical question? Obviously a great deal of money is involved, though I suspect a great deal of subterfuge is being used to avoid telling the British taxpayer just how much is involved.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2023 at 5:49 PM, JonnyF said:

Check my post above (video evidence) and then let me know if it is true or not. :smile:

Pull the other one, LOL.

All I could hear was some shouting and lots of bleeping out of what was said, and of course we don't know what was said from that. In any event it was one or two cars involved and not thousands of people.

Hardly "evidence" of wide spread anti semitism.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pull the other one, LOL.

All I could hear was some shouting and lots of bleeping out of what was said, and of course we don't know what was said from that. In any event it was one or two cars involved and not thousands of people.

You only heard what you wanted to hear... like so any others on this forum

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pull the other one, LOL.

I see. When the evidence you requested is presented, you resort to gaslighting :laugh:.

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I see. When the evidence you requested is presented, you resort to gaslighting :laugh:.

Lol, far from evidence for your claim 

"But seriously - Rwanda is pretty safe. Probably safer than being a Jew in London."

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, stevenl said:

Lol, far from evidence for your claim 

"But seriously - Rwanda is pretty safe. Probably safer than being a Jew in London."

Like I said, if you have evidence of Rwandans driving around the capital calling for Rwandan women and their daughters to be raped, please present it.

I presented evidence of it for Jews in London. So over to you...

• Confused 3