Smoke clears on Thailand’s Cannabis Bill

webfact

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

The ONLY reason pot shops were not banned is because if they were banned millions would have to be paid out....

So let them stay open but no selling of Buds....lol......That is the same as not being able to sell any thing.....

You might recall, this is exactly what I said would happen.

I think you’ll find with a fairly easy to obtain prescription, you will still be able to buy your buds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

I think you’ll find with a fairly easy to obtain prescription, you will still be able to buy your buds.

Yea, maybe the old....My big toe is itchy.....Well, here you go Sir a oz Thai stick should cure that......Thanks, Dr.Feelgood you are the best......

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

You didn't read the OP, did you?

It's clear -- NO BUDS. Period. No sale of recreational cannabis. PERIOD. No sale of buds for medical use either.

So only CBD and THC at such low levels that won't get anyone high.

Will they go through with this insanity? I don't know.

Will they build in a Thai style "never mind" like for prostitution? I don't know. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You didn't read the OP, did you?

It's clear -- NO BUDS. Period. No sale of recreational cannabis. PERIOD. No sale of buds for medical use either.

So only CBD and THC at such low levels that won't get anyone high.

Will they go through with this insanity? I don't know.

Will they build in a Thai style "never mind" like for prostitution? I don't know. 

I did read the Op and also much more detail elsewhere, if you have a prescription then it's not recreational, I think you'll find you can buy with a prescription.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I did read the Op and also much more detail elsewhere, if you have a prescription then it's not recreational, I think you'll find you can buy with a prescription.

No.

It says no selling of buds. Period.

It says no selling of anything but very low THC. Period.

Medical with scrip makes no difference. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Jack Cook said:

Still it’s just shooting in the breeze. It is only another proposal. Nothing passed by any legislature 

Hardly. 

They say they're going ahead with severe tightening. 

The parties in power now both campaigned on that.

They can credibly say they have a strong legit mandate from the people to do this. 

It's the first draft of an eventual bill that will DEFINITELY be passed. 

It's not a time to be an ostrich about that. 

There is some good news here.

It sounds like they probably won't classify cannabis as a narcotic. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

Does that just mean they cannot provide buds for smoking in the shops but buds can still be sold for personal behind closed doors consumption ?

As always ill-thought out rules in Thailand get amended...this country is worst for U-turn uncertainty.

Next will be U-turn on the new taxing resident 180-days+ foreigners laws or an amendment to it.

Land of ceasless rule changes...fatiguing..this is a real core issue with Thai goverment culture..

Badly applied new laws and rules.....indicates none-to-smart that implement these changes...

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

Fine with me. I'd rather not smell pot smoke on every other street I walk on. For medical use, OK. for recreational use no. Not good for society as a whole.

I find it a mind numbing pointless and blunt drug. It clearly alters consciousness to the long term detriment of the user and has no long term benefits for those who have no legitimate medical justification for it's use. I used it for several years and my "high" digressed into paranoia. Just a trash blunt object drug. Might as well hit your head with a hammer

Reread the op

22 hours ago, Jingthing said:

But alcohol is OK then. For medical use only of course.

It doesn't matter what type of drug one takes being  that it is a Legal or Illegal one Take it in moderation then there's nothing wrong with it.

Don't get High or drunk ,that's what the problem is thats were the problem starts.

• Haha 2