Smoke clears on Thailand’s Cannabis Bill

webfact

2 hours ago, JackGats said:

So after you got from THC everything you could get from it - including THC induced paranoia - you want it to be banned for other people, right? You had your fun while it lasted, so now you want the door to get closed behind you. Typical, but not nice. Other (including younger) people are entitled to their trials and errors in life, without facing jail for victimless crimes.

People are entitled to their trials and errors? How about this. Let's let younger people also experiment with smoking opium while were at it. Their entitled to their trials and errors in life .. better they find out by trial and error and learn that it's not a good idea, rather than have the governement perform it's duty and regulate it's use for the good of society as a whole?? So, perhaps you believe children (younger people) should be allowed to purchase firearms and entitled to their learn from their own mistakes with guns?

WTF?... geez .. unbelievable. do you also believe the earth is flat? I'm done, discussion has lost all connection with reality.

Logic has left the building folks and so will I.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

On 11/23/2023 at 11:40 AM, likerdup1 said:

Fine with me. I'd rather not smell pot smoke on every other street I walk on. For medical use, OK. for recreational use no. Not good for society as a whole.

I find it a mind numbing pointless and blunt drug. It clearly alters consciousness to the long term detriment of the user and has no long term benefits for those who have no legitimate medical justification for it's use. I used it for several years and my "high" digressed into paranoia. Just a trash blunt object drug. Might as well hit your head with a hammer

I wasnt aware that your opinion and personal experience had any value or applied to the rest of us. 

Then, of course, there is the delicious irony of your comments given your username of choice.  

do continue using the sharp stick they call alcohol. 

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, n00dle said:

I wasnt aware that your opinion and personal experience had any value or applied to the rest of us. 

Then, of course, there is the delicious irony of your comments given your username of choice.  

do continue using the sharp stick they call alcohol. 

It seems to have gotten your attention :smile::smile::smile:. The irony is that I don't drink anymore at all. I had a problem with it. I happened to quit pot several years before I quit drinking.

I finally had to be honest with myself. Why did I feel the need to alter my consciousness with blunt edged chemicals like alcohol and weed etc.

What was wrong with me that I sought alcohol and drugs to feel good? Why wasn't I comfortable without their use?

Ultimately I sought spirituality which, when I a practice it, provides far more contentment and inner peace than any drug could ever provide. Sometimes I fail at my application of spirituality. Some of my comments on this thread are an example of me digressing and becoming somewhat judgemental. I still have my faults. Apologies to those who I may have offended.

Edited by likerdup1

17 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

How exactly did you determine this person didn't use pot "responsibly". Describe to everyone your "wisdom" regarding how to use pot "responsibly" .. exactly where do you draw the line? .. JayClay? you a doctor?

Firstly, I very clearly quoted the particular part of the post that I was paraphrasing.

However @NextG also made some very good citations in his reply which you have already dismissed. So I'm sure you will now go out of your way to explain why smoking the stuff until you get paranoid isnt using marijuana irresponsibly, but I'm not interested in responding to such pettiness. So by all means... Have your 2 minutes....

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

What was wrong with me that I sought alcohol and drugs to feel good? Why wasn't I comfortable without their use?

Alcohol,

Is to do with 'what's wrong with the world around me'

Cannabis (only high THC Indica seems to work),

Is to do with 'what's wrong with me'

I use it as an NSAID, best drug for reducing inflammation (arthritis) in the world, and if I smoke before bed, I don't even notice the unwanted 'high' side effect. My knee and knuckle joints are in a better condition now at age 67 than they were at age 45. And I can wee without having to take drugs, as the cannabis also seems to have sorted out my swollen prostate (who could have guessed). 

Edited by BritManToo

Funny how people never get all soap boxy about alcohol on any sort of regular basis; but mention weed & it's off to the races w/ the debates. :sad:

The fact is COFFEE is the most widely used psycho active drug in the world. Over used over a long enough timeline, it causes dementia.  Coffee also changes the way you view the world.  The 'legal' drugs concern me more than the "illegal" ones.

• Agree 2

A major reason that other countries have successfully transitioned to legal recreational use if cannabis without issues is strong anti smoking laws brought in to curb tobacco use.

People don't smoke in public much anymore. Weed or tobacco.

Education about the health issues of smoking anything have more weed users in the west using edibles.

In some provinces in Canada weed is sold by the government in the same govt stores as alcohol..With similar rules regarding merchandising/advertising restrictions.

It's good thing not to criminalize cannabis use for whatever purpose but bad to promote and encourage it's use .

Like tobacco, alcohol, and the fast food sold at 7/11....sorry the last item hasn't made it unto the list yet...but should 

• Thumbs Up 1