Former TAT governor urges government to boost Chinese visitor numbers

snoop1130

Probably not a good idea until details of the latest health problem that is being reported is clarified. It didn't work out well last time they all got sick in 2019 and spread it to every corner of the planet.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The former Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) governor urged the government to reconsider its tourism strategy to improve the dwindling Chinese market. Predictions for this year suggest that arrivals from China will only total 26.8% of the 2019 level.

Chinese tourists came en-mass, saw everything, got shafted, some even got killed.

Why would they want to return?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

and how does he expect the gvt to do that? order more subs?

--> i dont get it... I have pretty fast internet, but AN seems really slow loading. is it just me?

There is a 'pinned' note explaining the forum is being run temporarily from a cache and the loading speed is expected to improve. So, no, it is affecting all users.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

So much time & energy poured down the drain of tourism ...

If only Thai governments and people devoted themselves to lifting education & productivity outcomes so they could lift their country out of the Third World/Second World borderlands.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

So much time & energy poured down the drain of tourism ...

If only Thai governments and people devoted themselves to lifting education & productivity outcomes so they could lift their country out of the Third World/Second World borderlands.

I entirely agree.

The tourism industry represents something like 20% of Thailand's income. There is no enthusiasm to improve general education because it will mean spending money with no immediate return.

Meanwhile The Thai government is pushing to become an AI hub (what a worn out word that is) and is also trying to attract car companies for assembly work etc.

Thailand would be better off getting out of the tourism rut and improving it's engineering skills base.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

and how does he expect the gvt to do that? order more subs?

--> i dont get it... I have pretty fast internet, but AN seems really slow loading. is it just me?

MY AN seems very slow, as well, since it finally came back on-line.

3 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

There is a 'pinned' note explaining the forum is being run temporarily from a cache and the loading speed is expected to improve. So, no, it is affecting all users.

thx did not see the pinned note. 

i actually looked for the note, maybe i need stronger glasses, but still did not find it

Edited by Pouatchee

40 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

still looking for this pinned statement... did it miraculously vanish?

Looks like a Mod removed it in favour of a fuller explanation later. It was there when I made my response.

Things have speeded up however although I can't get some topics to open at all.

35 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Looks like a Mod removed it in favour of a fuller explanation later. It was there when I made my response.

Things have speeded up however although I can't get some topics to open at all.

many times the wheel keeps spinning and spinning and spinning for me. i would like to know what the problem is though. a workaround i found is i go in to history and click on whatever i want from there... old posts or even the homepage. seems to work for me...

i doubt george will/needs to give and explanation... one thing though, sure beats teakboor and their rude and boring posters, and their cryptic webpage set up... just sad it is slow here

alright enough of me on that... kinda off topic solly bout that y'all