Luxembourg family demands justice after fatal road accident

snoop1130

19 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Read the full story before commenting.  The recording from Rawai Municipality’s CCTV shows that the couple was riding at a reasonable speed and was in the left lane when they were hit. The right lane was free of traffic.

It's a bit misleading that statement along that road is 2 lanes and a hard shoulder and many bikes do ride in the hard shoulder from the CCTV which is a couple of 100 meters away to me looks like the bike was way over to the left so making her have almost a clear road ahead of her 2 lanes, I live near by there I drove past there this morning, hope she did the right thing #Irina Pustovalova 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/25/2023 at 10:05 AM, smedly said:

the Russian should be facing charges and if alcohol or drugs are involved then a very severe charge, this country is seriously ###

RIP x2

the damage on that bike is not consistant with a rear end collision 

The bike  in  the photo is in Latvia

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Read the full story before commenting.  The recording from Rawai Municipality’s CCTV shows that the couple was riding at a reasonable speed and was in the left lane when they were hit. The right lane was free of traffic.

And your point is ????? 😳

• Confused 3

On 11/24/2023 at 7:13 PM, snoop1130 said:

Cey-lan was visiting her grandmother in Phuket with her parents when the accident occurred. Her aunt, Zara-ly Pizzuto, provided details of the night it happened.

1) So, the victim and her boyfriend victim and her parents and her aunt and her grandmother are in Phuket...

And they can't afford a rental car?!?!  Cheapskates all riding deathcycles?

2) Her grandmother and her parents let a 19 year old teenager drive a motorcycle in PHUKET LATE AT NIGHT instead of a car.

C'mon.  This isn't rocket science.

The family is clearly to blame here.

If they were in a rental car they would have survived.

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Nemises said:

Hit from behind and killed, as so often is the case from the millions of distracted, drunk, drugged drivers on the world's deadliest roads that are continually ramming into the back of others.

Let that be a lesson for all the "I'm different because I've been riding bikes for 50 years in falang land and I know how to handle myself on Thai roads" heros on this forum. No amount of experience will save you from the idiot behind you in a bigger vehicle.

I shudder when I have to do a right turn here on the scooter on a busy road.

Put your indicator on and hope that the two lanes of cars coming towards you and the two lanes behind you can see you through the rain while you sit patiently on the middle line waiting for a break in the traffic to cross.

The only thing going through my mind at those times as bikes/cars/trucks/buses and franna's go past at god knows what speed within a metre from my bike in both directions is whether I am going to end up 50 metres up the road in 10 pieces or 100m from a driver who has been driving for 18 hours and the Yabba is wearing off. 

I try to avoid situations like this by driving to the next traffic lights or pulling in before the right turn to the left until the road is clear. Ive never seen roads as dangerous as the roads in Phuket and that's not just because of the amount of tourists who have never ridden before its also many of the locals who seem to have zero ability to the consequences of how they drive

In the case of this accident there was very little or nothing that could have been done by these unfortunate people. Wrong place at the wrong time. Tragic

Edited by Startmeup
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

very little or nothing that could have been done

24 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

shudder when I have to do a right turn here on the scooter on a busy road.

I found a solution that's worked fine so far for me. Her name is Ranger.  Ford Ranger.

20 minutes ago, Nemises said:

I found a solution that's worked fine so far for me. Her name is Ranger.  Ford Ranger.

Ill send you a DM to arrange each time when I need to borrow it?

I could be wrong but I think they are even more expensive here than in Australia despite being manufactured here?

Edited by Startmeup

9 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

1) So, the victim and her boyfriend victim and her parents and her aunt and her grandmother are in Phuket...

And they can't afford a rental car?!?!  Cheapskates all riding deathcycles?

2) Her grandmother and her parents let a 19 year old teenager drive a motorcycle in PHUKET LATE AT NIGHT instead of a car.

C'mon.  This isn't rocket science.

The family is clearly to blame here.

If they were in a rental car they would have survived.

BS on Steroids - get your brain checked

On 11/26/2023 at 11:24 AM, stevenl said:

Thailand also has more tourists.

Yes, the roads are dangerous, but a stat like that is meaningless.

The stat is not meaningless - stats don't actually have a "meaning" - it's the way people interpret them that gives them meaning - and that is often very misleading.

The  media only look at one stat - deaths per 100 k of pop. - and then make outlandish sound bites based on that.

It doesn't even include injuries - minor an d serious.

However these are just a few ohter stats they could look at

Other Statistics may include

·      Deaths per 1 million inhabitants

o   Serious Injuries per 1 million inhabitants

o   Minor injuries per 1 million inhabitants

·      Deaths per 10 billion vehicle-KM

·      Deaths per 100,000 registered vehicles

Registered vehicles per 1000 inhabitants

then categorise injuries to the two internationally recognised categories - minor and serious.

Until recently Thailand didn't evn collect half these stats - without them it is impossible to address the road safety problems in the \kingdom.

...and trying to blame "bad driving" just shows they have no idea about the problem from the very start. - it isn't even "a thing'!

Edited by kwilco

On 11/25/2023 at 7:35 AM, Tarteso said:

Sadly, there are a 3 Latin letters for this case; R.I.P. Nothing else I can write.

This is the problem. The victims are peacefully resting. It's the families that can't sleep until some form of justice has occurred.

• Agree 2

On 11/25/2023 at 12:13 AM, Ironmike said:

I personally saw the car in the morning and the destruction it caused and speed was the main cause these Russians come here drinking alcohol all night then drive home this Russian woman needs to be put in prison for the rest of here life, I want to know why the American embassy is not getting involved nor the US state department if the yanks start making waves then the Thai coppers would have to do something,, two innocent people minding there own business when Russian rubbish comes along and kills them,,, lock her up

I saw the night video of the collision and the daytime pictures of the aftermath. Saddening and shocking. RIP to the innocent riders and hope that the perpetrator gets the life she deserves.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2023 at 5:11 AM, Startmeup said:

In the case of this accident there was very little or nothing that could have been done by these unfortunate people. Wrong place at the wrong time. Tragic

This was no "accident". Nothing short of manslaughter at minimum. Death by reckless driving. 15 years in jail - no question. Will we ever hear of the sentence? Likely not.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1