Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

the 'antisemitic' word is used for anyone who criticizes israel.

Don't forget the USA, which has a hugely disproportionate amount of Jews compared to Muslims in its government, who could stop this war but choose not too. 

If this topic were about the occupation of the West Bank, I would be among those criticizing Israel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Israel does not want any press anywhere, not if it is not under there control, now give us a clue why.?

Hamas need the press.

Hamas has plenty of press they are everywhere in Gaza. They especially like coming out when the terrorists release a few hostages to the staged smiles and celebrations. No shortage of electricity then either

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So much propaganda being put up as truth, sad.

Not a single link to a reputable site either.

@thaibeachlovers

Coming from someone who constantly posts propaganda stuff without question, that's amusing.

As for whining about links, glass houses may be mentioned.

Regardless, the film in question was not released for public viewing, but was shown to various government representatives, media people and so on around the world. Reactions from audiences were pretty much the same - and I don't think that there were any serious strong comments discrediting it as fake, propaganda and so on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

You're an argumentative Zionist, I don't expect anything more from you, I was trying to be even handed at the start of this piece Ref: Journalism, well done for putting me off, where's the block button gone?

I don't know that you were trying for anything, but you obviously failed. Or maybe what you consider 'even handed' is just slightly less biased than usual so the 'concession' you make is not recognized. The point stands - you make claims which you cannot support, you get upset when you're called out. As for the 'Zionist' label - in as much as I recognize Israel's right to exist, sure. But given that for you 'Zionist' obviously means something else, then probably not the way you implied. Anyway, considering your previously demonstrated unabashed antisemitism, guess them labels, tags and definitions all get mixed up sometimes in your comments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

And you would be labelled an antisemite.

@Neeranam

I've made many comments over my years here, critical of Israel's West Bank occupation, Israel's government, or the lack of foresight embodied in Israeli diplomacy and politics. While there were the odd extreme comments here and there, they were mostly oddities, not a general trend. I guess that being labeled the way you sometimes are would require a backlog of making comments which can actually be interpreted as antisemitic, or including certain kinds of rhetoric and references associated with that.

On the off chance you weren't aware of this, ask your Rabbit to clue you in.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I think this speaks volumes as to who can stop, and perhaps who is the cause of this war. 

UK Foreign Secretary David Cameron will work to de-escalate tensions in the Middle East on his first trip to the US in the role, London has said.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/12/4/israel-gaza-war-live-israel-expands-ground-attack-in-southern-gaza?update=2532425

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Morch said:

I've made many comments over my years here, critical of Israel's West Bank occupation, Israel's government, or the lack of foresight embodied in Israeli diplomacy and politics.

I also criticize my government, there's nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Where I come from we call this "Genocide".

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has tasked his top adviser, Ron Dermer, the minister of strategic affairs, with designing plans to “thin” the Palestinian population in the Gaza Strip “to a minimum,” according to a bombshell new report in an Israeli newspaper founded by the late Republican billionaire Sheldon Adelson. 

https://theintercept.com/2023/12/03/netanyahu-thin-gaza-population/

Wow. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, novacova said:

This is what happens when 75% of its population is in support of terrorist 

Only 75%? I'd say 99% of able bodied citizens of Gaza are now "terrorists". Israel have only increased the number of terrorists and raised the threat level.

When did terrorism begin to justify war crimes?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2