Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

You don't appear to be done judging from your voluminous posts, I guess it's difficult for you to argue against facts.

I choose which posts to reply to. Some, which are obviously way over the top, aimed at derailing topics or sickening - I don't bother with.

No point in giving your rubbish extra exposure.

I'm not overly impressed by your nonsense above - all the more so when you contradict yourself so obviously.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Man, you're hitting rock bottom again. A twitter account to a British/Syrian youtuber who also happens to be followed on twitter by Scott Ritter...lol An explicit Hamas supporter peddling misinformation videos.

Your opinion has been noted, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

3. this was not an invasion : https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/invade

You link states that an invasion is : 

"to enter a place in large numbers, usually when unwanted and in order to take possession or do damage"

That is an exact description of what Hamas did on Oct 7 th 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There was indeed an invasion of Israel on October 7 th 

"to enter a country by force ".............Yes

"with large numbers of soldiers" ..............Yes

"in order to take possession of it".........Yes

It ticks all the boxes for being an invasion .

(OK, Regular rockets from Gaza , they might not have been every single day)

Hamas and Gaza franchise attack of 7th of October was only to take hostages and to exchange them against Palestinian hostages taken previously in OPT in prisons on Israeli soil.

There was never a massive plan to invade and re-take (as possession) Israeli territory by only +/- 3.500 Gaza militants against some 170.000 regular IDF servicemen and some 465.000 IDF reservists.

Again, the 7th of October attacks were made with AK47's, DIY RPG's and paragliders, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

Amusing. When it fits, you get 'outraged' over the UN statements being effectively meaningless, untimely and so on. When it's demonstrated this applies to the investigation as well, you choose to ignore it.

I'm ignoring nothing, just looking at you being argumentative as usual, sad.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

And here are a couple of articles about propaganda, visuals and AI (I think some of the images were even posted on these topics earlier):

Social media is awash in misinformation about Israel-Gaza war, but Musk’s X is the most egregious

https://apnews.com/article/social-media-gaza-israel-hamas-misinformation-cb5192215d0f89d8a413606d0ec73cf4

Fake babies, real horror: Deepfakes from the Gaza war increase fears about AI’s power to mislead

https://apnews.com/article/artificial-intelligence-hamas-israel-misinformation-ai-gaza-a1bb303b637ffbbb9cbc3aa1e000db47

7 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Hamas and Gaza franchise attack of 7th of October was only to take hostages and to exchange them against Palestinian hostages taken previously in OPT in prisons on Israeli soil.

There was never a massive plan to invade and re-take (as possession) Israeli territory by only +/- 3.500 Gaza militants against some 170.000 regular IDF servicemen and some 465.000 IDF reservists.

Again, the 7th of October attacks were made with AK47's, DIY RPG's and paragliders, etc.

Hamas envisioned deeper attacks, aiming to provoke an Israeli war

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/hamas-envisioned-deeper-attacks-aiming-to-provoke-an-israeli-war/ar-AA1jNTdw

Similar analysis appeared on many articles, some were linked in the original topic.

Kinda doubt you have much insight into Hamas planning and strategy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No it wasn't  , some captured Hamas terrorists stated they intended to stay in on the land gained in Israel , the Kibbutz's etc and stay there permanently  .

Hamas stayed on the land until they got killed , they could have gone back to Gaza on the same morning with their hostages , if the sole intention was to get hostages 

LOL. The captured Hamas terrorists did not made any official declaration if front of a ICC investigator.

So, these Hamas declarations "could have been" forced...

1 minute ago, Thorgal said:

LOL. The captured Hamas terrorists did not made any official declaration if front of a ICC investigator.

Whereas your credible sources are....?

17 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

1. the term "genocide" was not accepted to be used for the Palestinians as there was no ICC court decision.  Idem dito for the Israeli's.

2. daily Israeli fatalities by Gaza rocket fire was never confirmed by any news group or state officials

3. this was not an invasion : https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/invade

I've said it earlier : I'm against false war propaganda from both sides. Keep me out of this if Israel uses more false war propaganda than the Palestinians...

Yet you use more false propaganda to prove a point that doesn't exist, and do not deny this as you have had more posts removed than any other poster imo.

"This was not an invasion" well how would you describe it, trespassing perhaps or gate crashing, get real!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Morch said:

When I was young, my dad and his friend would take us kids, and the dogs, for a long walk to the local dump. They had this DIY/recycling hobby thing going. We never liked it all that much, plus the dogs would go ape<deleted> over stuff there, and we'd have to run after them. Point being is that I'm done sifting through rubbish, thank you very much.

By the way, nice to see that semi-balanced mask falling off. Easier to deal with people when they aren't hiding their views.

Nice story, great deflection of what was posted and asked of you, you're always consistent I'll give you that.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Yet you use more false propaganda to prove a point that doesn't exist, and do not deny this as you have had more posts removed than any other poster imo.

"This was not an invasion" well how would you describe it, trespassing perhaps or gate crashing, get real!

https://aseannow.com/topic/1312538-israel-is-at-war-general-discussion-pt2/?do=findComment&comment=18533741

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

We are still in 2023 now. Some few thousands of DIY flip flop militants went thus on rampage against XXX F16 fighter jets, XXX Apache helicopters, XXX Merkava tanks, and XXX.XXX Israeli soldiers...to conquer whole Israeli territory...LOL

You can try and minimize things as much as you like, same goes for denying and ignoring information - while providing little to support your nonsense.

It would not have been an invasion in the sense that you portray, but could have easily enough been the same - civilian killed, taken hostage, terrorists taking over villages etc. on a much larger scale. I don't think anyone said much about conquering all of Israel. That's your lame twist.

Edited by Morch

8 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Israel "forced" the captured Hamas terrorists to say that ?

Hamas actions show that they continued to stay in Israel until they were killed or captured .

I am stating that it was an invasion .

How would you describe it ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Nice story, great deflection of what was posted and asked of you, you're always consistent I'll give you that.

Glad you liked it. I'd share some about being consistent, but maybe people are still digesting so not a good idea.

As for deflection - nope. Simply unwilling to give some post and posters more free exposure. I have no issued addressing most posts - as you've no doubt noticed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Morch said:

I choose which posts to reply to. Some, which are obviously way over the top, aimed at derailing topics or sickening - I don't bother with.

No point in giving your rubbish extra exposure.

I'm not overly impressed by your nonsense above - all the more so when you contradict yourself so obviously.

If you remember, I did warn you that public sentiment is likely to change with continuing bombing by Israel.

My post reported, verifiable facts with a reasonable conclusion drawn by demonstrating a link between facts and definition.

Go for the personal attack, it's always a great refuge when you don't have the facts on your side, I expected better from you.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

13 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Something between a colonial pogrom and a prison outbreak.

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

You live in a world that only you can possibly understand and if the Palestinians stopped firing rockets at Israeli civilian they themselves might become civilised and get on better with their neighbours, it is not rocket science, so stop trying to make a drama, you're not Shakespeare!

And obviously you are not Einstein either. Ending the brutal illegal, and inhumane occupation will stop the resistance. Not rocket science.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

If you remember, I did warn you that public sentiment is likely to change with continuing bombing by Israel.

My post reported, verifiable facts with a reasonable conclusion drawn by demonstrating a link between facts and definition.

Go for the personal attack, it's always a great refuge when you don't have the facts on your side, I expected better from you.

Warned me? I posted on that pretty much since the start. The only thing that's notable is how long it took for it to be a thing, and how (relatively) it's still not a critical factor.

Your post is an extension of your otherwise expressed views regarding Israel, so unsurprising by itself. You do not deal with facts, but with selective choice of, and a biased interpretation. More like marking the goal, then finding the path. As for all them definition and word games people on here are fond of playing - pffft.

As for what you may have 'expected, the feeling is mutual.