Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think almost everyone except israeli apologists were horrified when the American representative put his hand up against the motion. The one solitary vote against a ceasefire, the only one voting to continue the slaughter of children. Even Britain abstained, as I doubt they could bring themselves to vote for bombing children, in public view. The atmosphere was so intense as the vote was taken, that I almost felt it through the tv.

I could be mistaken, but it seemed that the guy was somewhat embarrassed by his solitary vote calling for more death and destruction. I guess he won't be getting many party invites now.

I wonder what happened to the previous representative, the woman? I like to imagine that she couldn't take having to vote for death and destruction, and asked to not do it any more.

@thaibeachlovers

The way the UN works, I'm pretty sure some countries were voting for it, secure in knowing the USA will veto it and take the blame.

As for your faux emotional nonsense, mind reading attempts and the rest - apparently no issues whatsoever with a motion that did not mention the hostages, Hamas accountability, the 7/10 attack and related atrocities, rapes.

Don't recall you being up in arms when Russia blocked resolution motions regarding the war in Ukraine.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Morch said:

@thaibeachlovers

The way the UN works, I'm pretty sure some countries were voting for it, secure in knowing the USA will veto it and take the blame.

As for your faux emotional nonsense, mind reading attempts and the rest - apparently no issues whatsoever with a motion that did not mention the hostages, Hamas accountability, the 7/10 attack and related atrocities, rapes.

Don't recall you being up in arms when Russia blocked resolution motions regarding the war in Ukraine.....

Do you condone the USA's action?

I think one would have to be Israeli to ;)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'm not Jewish, I don't even have a rabbit but I agree with the US @Neeranam

Calling for a ceasefire ignores the fact that Hamas has committed acts of terror and is still holding civilians hostage. At the very least the resolution should have demanded the immediate unconditional release of all hostages held by the terrorists

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What I find sad is that the prolific Zionist posters are not condemning this action by the USA. It will go down in history and will have major consequences not just in the ME but also in the USA.

What I find sad is antisemitics trolling. ⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I do condone the USA's action.

I think it's a shame that the resolution motion did not see fit to mention the hostages, Hamas accountability, The 7/10 attack and related atrocities/rapes.

As for you trolling remark - No, one wouldn't have to be Israeli. He could be a US citizen, from the UK, or even hold Thai nationality. There is nothing such as you imply compelling people to fully identify with governments, policies, or political statements. Unless you missed it, the UK abstained.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

What I find sad is that the prolific Zionist posters are not condemning this action by the USA. It will go down in history and will have major consequences not just in the ME but also in the USA.

What I find sad is that prolific trolling posters pretending to be 'pro-Palestinians' turn this topic into a circus.

You have no idea how this will 'go down in history', and judging from your numerous posts on here, not even a clear grasp on the history of the conflict, or the region. As for 'consequences', I'm sure you could invent some. It's not like you're gonna address them when they fail to materialize or things turn differently.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Washington’s move has been condemned around the globe.

Even the prolific AN posters will not condone it publicly, but no doubt want the war to continue.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/inside-story/2023/12/9/does-the-us-run-the-risk-of-complicity-in-war-crimes-in-gaza

Why are you lying? It was actually condoned.

As for wanting the war to continue - maybe take it up with Hamas. They can stop anytime they feel like it.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Even the prolific AN posters will not condone it publicly, but no doubt want the war to continue.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/inside-story/2023/12/9/does-the-us-run-the-risk-of-complicity-in-war-crimes-in-gaza

Hey, how’s this working out for you so far?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It is often stated when when the media asks a question , the answer to that question is usually a *No*

The question n posed in your link 

Does the US run the risk of complicity in war crimes in Gaza?

15 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

This footage is staged (fake) to be conclusive to world opinion that some Hamas members were taken successful as prisoner by IDF capturing all these Gaza men that remain in North Gaza.

The most recent video of a group of Palestinian civilians stripped naked (your lower picture) where an old man appears to surrender a weapon is totally staged, several takes of the video where taken by the Israeli propagandists, in a botched job as two different takes of the same scene had been published, notice the man is holding the automatic rifle with different hands of the top and bottom videos.

The man "surrendering" the weapon has been identified as a local shop owner.

The two videos have so many differences, not only he carries the weapon in different hands but in the bottom video he makes a sing to the camera after depositing the gun he doesn't on the top video.

Even if true and you have provided no link to that video. Local shop keepers can be members of Hamas to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This has been alluded to before, but it's stated very clearly in this New York Times article:

Buying Quiet’: Inside the Israeli Plan That Propped Up Hamas

"For years, the Qatari government had been sending millions of dollars a month into the Gaza Strip — money that helped prop up the Hamas government there. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel not only tolerated those payments, he had encouraged them.

During his meetings in September with the Qatari officials, according to several people familiar with the secret discussions, the Mossad chief, David Barnea, was asked a question that had not been on the agenda: Did Israel want the payments to continue?"

https://archive.ph/lgtyM

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/10/world/middleeast/israel-qatar-money-prop-up-hamas.html

A fascinating article with lots of juicy details. Like how Israeli officials would personally accompany the Qatari emissary into Gaza when he disbursed cash.

On the one hand, Israel justified its blockade of Gaza because Hamas runs the government. On the other hand it endorsed Qatar's support of said government.

the Secretary General of the UN says Israel are collectively punishing the people of Palestine

And...?

Goes on and on and on about Israel, relatively little said about Hamas role in this, or the fact that Hamas could end this tomorrow.

Same old.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

And...?

Goes on and on and on about Israel, relatively little said about Hamas role in this, or the fact that Hamas could end this tomorrow.

Same old.

How could Hamas end this tomorrow? Move to Lebanon? What do you recommend they do when Israel establishes the next settlement? Nothing?

As far as I know, Israel has not asked for Hamas surrender. They have vowed to wipe Hamas out, exactly what they are accusing Hamas of saying for decades.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How could Hamas end this tomorrow? Move to Lebanon? What do you recommend they do when Israel establishes the next settlement? Nothing?

As far as I know, Israel has not asked for Hamas surrender. They have vowed to wipe Hamas out, exactly what they are accusing Hamas of saying for decades.

Israel is not creating settlements in Gaza.

And, yes, eliminating Hamas is the optimal solution for the people of Gaza.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I saw the vdo of this vile israeli soldier vandalising a Palestinian shop on Al Jazeera, so I checked it out, and it's true. Not alone by any means, and plenty of sites about israeli vandalism on internet. Absolutely despicable behaviour, and filmed by the soldiers themselves.

The VDO is in the linked article

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20231209-outrage-over-israeli-soldier-vandalising-gaza-gift-shop/

Outrage over Israeli soldier vandalising Gaza gift shop

The emergence of a video showing Israeli soldier vandalising a gift shop in Gaza has sparked widespread outrage. This act of vandalism adds to the already grave situation in Gaza, marked by significant destruction and the reported killing or expulsion of local residents.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I saw the vdo of this vile israeli soldier vandalising a Palestinian shop on Al Jazeera, so I checked it out, and it's true. Not alone by any means, and plenty of sites about israeli vandalism on internet. Absolutely despicable behaviour, and filmed by the soldiers themselves.

The VDO is in the linked article

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20231209-outrage-over-israeli-soldier-vandalising-gaza-gift-shop/

Outrage over Israeli soldier vandalising Gaza gift shop

The emergence of a video showing Israeli soldier vandalising a gift shop in Gaza has sparked widespread outrage. This act of vandalism adds to the already grave situation in Gaza, marked by significant destruction and the reported killing or expulsion of local residents.

Off topic cherry picked nonsense @thaibeachlovers this is about the war not what individual soldiers in Israel do in a Palestinian shop. Its hardly representative on the whole IDF. However what would you expect from Middle East Monitor.

According to Andrew Gilligan, the Middle East Monitor promotes a strongly pro-Muslim Brotherhood and pro-Hamas viewpoint. Anshel Pfeffer described MEMO as a “conspiracy theory-peddling anti-Israel organisation”.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/middle-east-monitor/

• Haha 1