Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

Just now, ozimoron said:

I condemned Hamas. Another one trying to tell me what I think as an insult instead of addressing the topic itself.

Coming from someone who routinely dodges posts and comments, deflects and so on - that's rich.

As for insults - you dish them out all the time.

Cry me a river.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Well war crimes were engendered by this viewpoint.

More like you think 'war crimes' were.

We've been through this several times by now.

And, of course, you're deflecting from the actual point - which was your assumption regarding his motivation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

More like you think 'war crimes' were.

We've been through this several times by now.

And, of course, you're deflecting from the actual point - which was your assumption regarding his motivation.

I quoted experts who think they are war crimes. ergo, I think they are war crimes

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Point out the bit that disproves the definition I quoted. Your great at innuendo, short on explaining yourself.

The IDF uses lots of precision targeted weapons.  

Precision targeted weapons are not used for carpet bombing. 

Please study till you get it all figured out. Little kids know this stuff. My cat would know if I had one. 

• Like 2

Just now, ozimoron said:

not worth responding to this level of petulance. Netanyahu and others will see their day in The Hague. So will Hamas commanders.

More like you can't address this point.

As for the Hague, one may hope, but i doubt any of those involved will actually stand trial there.

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

not worth responding to this level of petulance. Netanyahu and others will see their day in The Hague. So will Hamas commanders.

Yes evidence to the numerous claims you make must be a huge and perplexing challenge for you. Ever tried reading the rules of the forum?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

Just now, Morch said:

You flame constantly.

Again, maybe you don't see it this way.

Same as confusing your opinions with facts.

Herein lies a problem. You seem unable to distinguish between criticism of the content and criticism of the author. Seek help with this, it will make you a better netizen. Not that you are the worst around here for that by any means.

• Confused 1

Just now, rabas said:

The IDF uses lots of precision targeted weapons.  

Precision targeted weapons are not used for carpet bombing. 

Please study till you get it all figured out. Little kids know this stuff. My cat would know if I had one. 

Less than half apparently. But that's irrelevant, they precisely targeted civilians.

• Confused 1

I quoted experts who think they are war crimes. ergo, I think they are war crimes

You quoted either biased sources, or sources saying there might be war crimes committed.

Most actual 'experts' are a wee bit more careful than yourself when commenting about things.

Herein lies a problem. You seem unable to distinguish between criticism of the content and criticism of the author. Seek help with this, it will make you a better netizen. Not that you are the worst around here for that by any means.

You comment on authors, posters on a regular basis.

Just now, Morch said:

You quoted either biased sources, or sources saying there might be war crimes committed.

Most actual 'experts' are a wee bit more careful than yourself when commenting about things.

That's a whole lot better than making denials and accusations with no sources.

• Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

That's a whole lot better than making denials and accusations with no sources.

No.

The position I put forth is that 'war crimes' are something that is decided through proper investigations following certain procedures.

Such are not conducted at this time. Hence....

You, on the other hand, seem to think that announcing 'war crimes' makes them a fact.

Just now, Morch said:

You comment on authors, posters on a regular basis.

If I cross the line it's rare and due to extreme provocation. I'm very careful to restrict my comments to the post and sometimes I might generalize about what I think of a certain group of like minded people which the poster may or may not identify with. If ypu look back critically and with an open mind you'll see that I'm attacking subject material overwhelmingly.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

Again, this is you making up stuff.

Again, I posted this link before but you seem oblivious to its existence by claiming I'm making it up.

Now an intelligence report by the United States have revealed that more than half the bombs dropped were ‘dumb bombs’ or untargeted, not precise bombs. 

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/israel-s-use-of-untargeted-dumb-bombs-in-palestines-gaza-in-war-against-hamas-exposed-by-us-intelligence-report-11702561031142.html

• Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Again, I posted this link before but you seem oblivious to its existence by claiming I'm making it up.

Now an intelligence report by the United States have revealed that more than half the bombs dropped were ‘dumb bombs’ or untargeted, not precise bombs. 

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/israel-s-use-of-untargeted-dumb-bombs-in-palestines-gaza-in-war-against-hamas-exposed-by-us-intelligence-report-11702561031142.html

Nonsense, that does not support this claim:

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Less than half apparently. But that's irrelevant, they precisely targeted civilians.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If I cross the line it's rare and due to extreme provocation. I'm very careful to restrict my comments to the post and sometimes I might generalize about what I think of a certain group of like minded people which the poster may or may not identify with. If ypu look back critically and with an open mind you'll see that I'm attacking subject material overwhelmingly.

I disagree.

Just now, ozimoron said:

Aircraft unchallenged by missiles, enemy fighters or flak don't have much trouble landing their bombs on the intended target. This isn't WW2

so again where is the link to.....................

But that's irrelevant, they precisely targeted civilians.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You claimed

The latter bit is something you have not supported with anything.

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Stop talking about me. Do you disagree with what I said in that post?

Why? You post a decisive comment, as if you have some relevant knowledge, as if you're an expert, as if it's fact - why shouldn't this be pointed out when it's obviously not the case?

Other than that, of course I do not agree. It's nonsense.

• Like 1