Please recommend a Lawyer in Pattaya.

Nip

I am looking for an honest and aggressive lawyer in or around Pattaya. Most are, well you know what I mean, eh unreliable. At this juncture I want him or her to do searches ie in the Courts, DBD Office, Land Office etc.

Could somebody please recommend a diligent and smart lawyer who is not afraid to go where other lawyers fear to tread if you get my drift. Thanks in advance. 

You could try talking to Thai Euro Law - office in the soi that runs parallel to Pattaya Tai behind Big C on Suk. I haven't used them for a while but presume still there.

Rina is the Filapino wife to the Thai lawyer - so should be no comprehension issues.

22 minutes ago, topt said:

You could try talking to Thai Euro Law - office in the soi that runs parallel to Pattaya Tai behind Big C on Suk. I haven't used them for a while but presume still there.

Rina is the Filapino wife to the Thai lawyer - so should be no comprehension issues.

Thanks I will give them a try. Thanks for responding.

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2023 at 3:28 PM, topt said:

Yes will endorse them ..she will tell you straight what can and cannot be done for your particular problem.

9 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Why would a great lawyer be living in pattaya?

Probably because it's a great place to live if one is in Thailand, for whatever reason.  And, if you are a reputable Thai lawyer with good English you can make a decent living with just farang clients.  It's getting to be sort of a broken record--one that really no longer plays with the Pattaya of today: why would someone live in Pattaya if they could live elsewhere?

Sometime when you have a moment check out Siam Royal View on Hipflat.  It's a large housing project on the Darkside.  Cheapest single family home listed is 15MB and the most expensive is 200MB, with a few others in the 120 to 160MB range.  More running 20MB to 65MB.

Why would someone who can afford a home for 65MB or more choose Pattaya?  Again, because it's a great place to live if one is in Thailand.  Not all expats--or Thai lawyers, for that matter--live at Nirun.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, newnative said:

Probably because it's a great place to live if one is in Thailand, for whatever reason.  And, if you are a reputable Thai lawyer with good English you can make a decent living with just farang clients.  It's getting to be sort of a broken record--one that really no longer plays with the Pattaya of today: why would someone live in Pattaya if they could live elsewhere?

Sometime when you have a moment check out Siam Royal View on Hipflat.  It's a large housing project on the Darkside.  Cheapest single family home listed is 15MB and the most expensive is 200MB, with a few others in the 120 to 160MB range.  More running 20MB to 65MB.

Why would someone who can afford a home for 65MB or more choose Pattaya?  Again, because it's a great place to live if one is in Thailand.  Not all expats--or Thai lawyers, for that matter--live at Nirun.

Fair point,  but the darkside, is not Pattaya, it's a good distance away, and that project necessitates driving down soi Khao Talo which is a traffic nightmare. Not an area I would consider. My only point is, it is not really living in Pattaya, and were I living there, I doubt I would cross over Sukhumvit very often. 

Pricey project......

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Fair point,  but the darkside, is not Pattaya, it's a good distance away, and that project necessitates driving down soi Khao Talo which is a traffic nightmare. Not an area I would consider. My only point is, it is not really living in Pattaya, and were I living there, I doubt I would cross over Sukhumvit very often. 

Pricey project......

Of course the Darkside is part of Pattaya.  What nonsense to claim otherwise.  As is Wongamat, Jomtien, Cosy Beach, etc.  Some parts may be a 'good distance away'--as are some parts of Jomtien and Na Jomtien--but other parts are just across the street of Sukhumvit.  Khao Talo traffic may sometimes be bad but so can the traffic on Thepprasit and South Pattaya Road, and others.  Bad traffic is not a reason for an area to not be considered part of Pattaya.

Just because it is not an area you would consider also does not figure in.  If traffic is something you want to avoid, you could consider the Pong area by Lake Mabprachan.  From our home in that area of the Darkside, we can be at Index, Terminal 21, Home Pro, Boonthavorn, Little Market, and Bangkok Hospital in less time than anyone living in Jomtien.  We 'cross over Sukhumvit' at least two or three times a week.  It's very easy where we are--we just jump on the Motorway, with no traffic lights until we actually get to Sukhumvit.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 8:03 PM, Nip said:

I am looking for an honest and aggressive lawyer in or around Pattaya. Most are, well you know what I mean, eh unreliable. At this juncture I want him or her to do searches ie in the Courts, DBD Office, Land Office etc.

Could somebody please recommend a diligent and smart lawyer who is not afraid to go where other lawyers fear to tread if you get my drift. Thanks in advance. 

Honest & aggressive lawyers. That's an oxymoron.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, newnative said:

Of course the Darkside is part of Pattaya

I suspect if one put Pattaya on the mailing address, it would go missing? I am 10 km from Klang and Pattaya is not my address. I see that project you mentioned as Nongprue. Calling all these outlying areas Pattaya is Estate agent nonsense, out by the lake,  Huay Yai ets are well out of the City of Pattaya. When someone on here discusses living in Pattaya, I suspect they mean the City, proper...include Naklua, Wong Amat and Jomtien if you wish. 

Edited by jacko45k

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect if one put Pattaya on the mailing address, it would go missing? I am 10 km from Klang and Pattaya is not my address. I see that project you mentioned as Nongprue. Calling all these outlying areas Pattaya is Estate agent nonsense, out by the lake,  Huay Yai ets are well out of the City of Pattaya. When someone on here discusses living in Pattaya, I suspect they mean the City, proper...include Naklua, Wong Amat and Jomtien if you wish. 

None of my addresses--and I have lived in at least a dozen places in Pattaya from south Jomtien to Pratamnuk to south Pattaya to north Pattaya to Wongamat to the Darkside, etc., have included the word 'Pattaya' as the city in the address.   Didn't matter if I was right in the center part of Pattaya at Cenric Sea or at my house on the Darkside of Pattaya.  Or, anywhere else in Pattaya.  The addresses have all been something like:   House or condo address/number, Moo ___, sometimes a street or soi name/number, then Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150 Thailand.   So, no actual 'Pattaya' in the address. 

Being a few miles out of the beach area of town means nothing--it's still considered to be Pattaya.  I'm probably closer to north Pattaya than somone in south Jomtien.  If you've been on the Darkside, I'm sure you've noticed the big  'Welcome to Pattaya' signs over several of the major roads on that side of Sukhumvit.  Darkside Pattaya property is mostly bought and sold at the Chonburi Pattaya Land Office, not some other jurisdiction. 

Unfortunately, the outdated notion that 'Pattaya' refers to just a tiny part of the large city that Pattaya has become often unfairly colors the commentary on the Pattaya Forum.  When one's thinking is along those lines, that "Pattaya' is just the bar areas around Walking Street/Soi Buakhao, etc., out comes dumb statements like, Pattaya has nothing on offer at all for families; Pattaya has nothing new and is still just for mongers; Family-friendly Pattaya, what a joke, etc.  Out comes scathing incredulity when Pattaya pops up at #15 on a list of the 20 most visited cities in the World.   No problem with Phuket at #14, but Pattaya at #15???   No way, Jose.   Pattaya has nothing to warrant so many people visiting.  Has to be a mistake.

The reality is that Pattaya has changed, and is still changing.  Pattaya has grown, and is still growing--and that includes more Pattaya development on the Darkside, where some tourist attractions such as the Dolphinarium and Ramayana Water Park have located and a big new amusement park is under construction.  And, it's the Darkside where Pattaya's new 20,000 seat stadium is being built.  All of this has nothing to do with real estate agents--got a chuckle out of that.  It's just what it is.  Someone asks me where I live, it's a simple answer, Pattaya.  

I live on the darkside, less than 2km from Sukhumvit. It can take me <10 minutes to get to central Pattaya, depending on traffic. I also live right next to Siam Royal View, in one of the few other upmarket moobaans where most of the owners would laugh at you if you wanted to be pedantic enough to say you don't live in Pattaya. I believe a fair few lawyers live here too, probably a few in Siam Royal View. I bet they ply their trades in the Pattaya courts more than any other too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, newnative said:

The reality is that Pattaya has changed,

Yes, I am encumbered by the fact I came here a long time ago, and retain old boundaries. Anyhow, have to get the ferry to Koh Larn to visit my Pattaya lawyer later!

Edited by jacko45k

On 1/14/2024 at 8:10 PM, newnative said:

where Pattaya's new 20,000 seat stadium is being built. 

Sorry not being pedantic but is there another one or are you referring to the one behind the Indoor Stadium (I think it's called?) on Chaiya Phruek 2 that has been under construction for more than 7 years?

1 hour ago, topt said:

Sorry not being pedantic but is there another one or are you referring to the one behind the Indoor Stadium (I think it's called?) on Chaiya Phruek 2 that has been under construction for more than 7 years?

That's the only one I know of.