Tragic Wedding Shooting Leaves Five Dead, Groom Takes Own Life After Altercation

webfact

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've read many times that, based on population, Thailand has double the gun deaths of the USA. The difference is that in America they are often mass shootings and in Thailand, the place we read in guide books is a land of close families, they are largely domestic. So yes, Hub Of Domestic Violence.

I think the majority of gun deaths are suicide and then following that it's homicides by gangs (mainly black and then "hispanic" to a lesser degree). The high profile mass shootings in the 5+ range are a tiny fraction of the gun deaths yet that's all the media reports on. 

Does Thailand have more domestic gun violence than the US though? That would be interesting to know.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I've read many times that, based on population, Thailand has double the gun deaths of the USA. The difference is that in America they are often mass shootings and in Thailand, the place we read in guide books is a land of close families, they are largely domestic. So yes, Hub Of Domestic Violence.

Countries with the Highest Total Gun Deaths (all causes) in 2019

1. Brazil — 49,436
  2. United States — 37,038
  3. Venezuela — 28,515
  4. Mexico — 22,116
  5. India — 14,710
  6. Colombia — 13,169
  7. Philippines — 9,267
  8. Guatemala — 5,980     Thailand 1.292
Edited by charleskerins
correction

Thailand has 57 million people and amelika has 350 million...that's hardly a valid comparison 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

a 29-year-old groom, Ms. Kanchana, a 38-year-old bride,

6 hours ago, webfact said:

28-year-old Chaturong Suksuk was known to be jealous of his 44-year-old wife

What fantastic reporting And one reporter has interests in fantasy :giggle:

Edited by brianthainess

1 hour ago, wombat said:
3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thailand has 57 million people and amelika has 350 million...that's hardly a valid comparison 

Read again. I wrote based on population, something you appear to have missed or not understood.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

3 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Chaturong was a Thai Paralympian who had taken part in the Asian Paralympic Games in Indonesia last year where he won a silver medal for swimming having taken part in the swimming and shooting competitions at the event. 

See? 

That's what happens when you let "those people" pretend they are real athletes. 😄

Sounds like he had a paralysed brain as well ffs!!!😡😡😡😡

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

50% of gun deaths in the US are suicides. Looking at "gun deaths" doesn't show the full the picture.

It's the full picture as per total gun deaths in the countries listed as the heading at the top of the chart states.  It's also the full picture as a response to the post.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

i've read that the moon landings didn't take place, what's more, i read that the moon is made of cheese. reading something does not make it true. if you have evidence then that's a different matter...

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Based on population US is "ahead " of Thailand.   https://wisevoter.com/country-rankings/gun-deaths-by-country/