Tesla Cybertruck !

CharlieH

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

Purely out of curiosity and nosiness, if the Cyber truck is imported from the USA, where will you be able to recharge it. I have no idea as I don't have an EV of any brand, nor at 79 years old am I likely to buy one in my lifetime.

It makes no sense to only have charging stations in BKK and nowhere else and most of the Tesla chargers outside the city will be rarely used.

Home chargers are a good idea but IIRC, the USA electrical supply is 115 volts and 60 Hz and Thailand is 220/230 volts and 50 Hz.

Presumably when you buy your Tesla you can buy a genuine home  charging  kit, but only from Tesla, and you will need a Tesla tech to install it at home for you. That won't come cheaply either.

There is a couple of supercharge stations outside of Bangkok.

image.png.749ecb5bdf9cdd7290fbf0a87dae456f.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/4/2023 at 1:32 AM, mrfill said:

And even if you can get over all that, it may not thrill owners to find that it takes something like 27 hours to fully charge from a 7.3kWh home charger (unless you just happen to have a 3 phase connector when it can be reduced to a mere 19 hours). Those using a normal mains socket can expect to wait over 3 days....   Hilarious.

solar boys  will be along shortly to tell you no problem

download.jpg

• Confused 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 2:11 PM, billd766 said:

In my personal opinion it is the most FUPOS I have seen in years.

No, thats the MG...................😂

2021 MG Extender Pickup Detailed Ahead Of Debut Next Week At ...

1 hour ago, transam said:

No, thats the MG...................😂

2021 MG Extender Pickup Detailed Ahead Of Debut Next Week At ...

That's awesome, too bad it wasn't available in EV.  

100 years of Brit Dynamics .... how can you go wrong :coffee1:

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That's awesome, too bad it wasn't available in EV.  

100 years of Brit Dynamics .... how can you go wrong :coffee1:

More like Chinese lack of design thought, it looks hideous.........😂

But I thought you would like it.......🤗...........🤭

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I've seen a few cyber trucks locally.  Very ugly to me.  Now all recalled for throttle sticking issue.   Supposedly very bad in snow.   These heavy EV's are proving to be deadly when needing to use the guard rail system.  To heavy for the US guard rail standards plus many guard rails installed incorrectly or have  deteriorated. Causing EV cars to flip and kill.  

Do you plan on driving into a lot of guardrails.  

Supposedly bad in snow ... and you know this how ?  AWD, can't be that bad.  Another silly, no facts, what if, anti EV post.   

You forgot to mention you can drive through a gang banger shoot out, as will stop or slow down bullets penetrating the truck    Good for driving through the next BLM riots 👍

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Do you plan on driving into a lot of guardrails.  

Supposedly bad in snow ... and you know this how ?  AWD, can't be that bad.  Another silly, no facts, what if, anti EV post.   

You forgot to mention you can drive through a gang banger shoot out, as will stop or slow down bullets penetrating the truck    Good for driving through the next BLM riots 👍

So as you are an EV-er, you dismiss the guard rail thing because it may never happen.......😂

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, transam said:

So as you are an EV-er, you dismiss the guard rail thing because it may never happen.......😂

50 years of driving, haven't hit a guard rail yet.  Never say never, but worrying about guard rails stopping me, isn't one of them.   Drive the speed limit, and you usually stay on the road.   That's why they have speed limits.

In my youth, can't say I did that, and still never needed a guard rail to keep me on the road.   Actually that's kind of amazing, as had a very heavy foot, till I came here / TH.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

50 years of driving, haven't hit a guard rail yet.  Never say never, but worrying about guard rails stopping me, isn't one of them.   Drive the speed limit, and you usually stay on the road.   That's why they have speed limits.

In my youth, can't say I did that, and still never needed a guard rail to keep me on the road.   Actually that's kind of amazing, as had a very heavy foot, till I came here / TH.

You are again dismissing a point put forward. Plus, the point does not revolve around you.

I am sure many folk have hit guard rails, that's why they were put there in the first place, to try and prevent more serious stuff...........🤨

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Elkski said:

I've seen a few cyber trucks locally.  Very ugly to me.  Now all recalled for throttle sticking issue.   Supposedly very bad in snow.   These heavy EV's are proving to be deadly when needing to use the guard rail system.  To heavy for the US guard rail standards plus many guard rails installed incorrectly or have  deteriorated. Causing EV cars to flip and kill.  

So we should also get rid of lorries, container trucks, BMW X7s and anything else that is heavier than a basic sedan because the US guardrails aren't good enough?

Why do they let any other heavy vehicle use the road? Why pick on EVs? There are much heavier cars and trucks out there.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

So we should also get rid of lorries, container trucks, BMW X7s and anything else that is heavier than a basic sedan because they US guardrails aren't good enough?

Why do they let any other heavy vehicle use the road? Why pick on EVs? There are much heavier cars and trucks out there.

We are talking about the Cybertruck EV...........🤭

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, transam said:

You are again dismissing a point put forward. Plus, the point does not revolve around you.

I am sure many folk have hit guard rails, that's why they were put there in the first place, to try and prevent more serious stuff...........🤨

I guess very few, in the grand scheme of things.   I think your definition of many and mine, may be different.

We have guard rails, because people bid to get contracts to get paid to put them in place, whether needed on not.  It's called corruption & politics.

You & your friends, family & peers must drive differently than mine, as I don't think I know, or have ever met someone, that needed a guard rail to keep them on the road.  YMMV

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Designed in London.

No doubt, just like the MG.........😂

In this day and age, a designer can sit where he wants, anywhere in the World......🤗

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

There have been several deaths in EVs after hitting guardrails.  The weight is heavier than the original design specs   there is a guard rail guy on YouTube who I follow who's daughter was gored by a improperly installed guardrail.  @theguardrailguy   He is on a crusade.   i have seen YouTube videos of the cyber truck doing poorly in snow.  And yes I drive in snow quite a bit. 

And its super ugly IMHO.  And bullet resistance isnt important to me.  

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think the ugliest vehicle I have ever seem, who on earth are the designers? I noticed in the video the truck is struggling up the unpaved hill. Why doesn't Musk organise a Cybertruck vs F150 Diesel in a pulling contest?