Trump, allies fire back at media warnings of second-term dictatorship

CharlieH

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The only sympathy votes Trump is going to get will be from people sympathetic to Nazis.

You're merely perpetchuating the very reason Trump will win. Using Nazi namecalling is so old and will backfire. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You're merely perpetchuating the very reason Trump will win. Using Nazi namecalling is so old and will backfire. 

The point of this topic is that Trump is echoing Hitler.

Do you have any thoughts about what Trump said? Yeah, I know you want to talk about the election, the Democrats, Biden is old, etc, but what about Trump's words?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I beg to differ he’s almost verbatim he also has a track record now he’s a known quantity a convicted sex predator (civilly) twice impeached on the hook for 91 felonies is mentally ill.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The point of this topic is that Trump is echoing Hitler.

Do you have any thoughts about what Trump said? Yeah, I know you want to talk about the election, the Democrats, Biden is old, etc, but what about Trump's words?

Trump jokingly said he'd only be a dictator on his first day.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Tug said:

I beg to differ he’s almost verbatim he also has a track record now he’s a known quantity a convicted sex predator (civilly) twice impeached on the hook for 91 felonies is mentally ill.

Whatever, keep drinking the Kool aid

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Can we still stop it?

Not so sure about that.

I'm feeling this is what America wants for some perverted reasons.

'We can still stop it': Historian shows how to halt an 'autocratic takeover' of the U.S. - Raw Story

Conditions in the U.S. are perfect for fascism to emerge, but it "is not pre-determined," a historian specializing in rhetoric said Thursday.

Jennifer Mercieca, a historian of political rhetoric at Texas A&M and author of "Demagogue for President: The Rhetorical Genius of Donald Trump," said it's not too late to stop the former president from becoming a dictator, as he puts it, for one day. She outlined several signs to look for as we are on "fascism watch."

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly, Trump believes he has the right to be a dictator. His legal team is arguing that a President should be immune from prosecution for any acts he commits while in the White House unless he is impeached for them first. Fortunately, so far the courts aren't buying his legal lunacy.

US president could have a rival assassinated and not be criminally prosecuted, Trump’s lawyer argues

Former president Donald Trump’s lawyer argued that presidential immunity would cover the U.S. president ordering political rivals to be assassinated by SEAL Team Six...

One of the judges asked Sauer: “Could a president who ordered SEAL Team 6 to assassinate a political rival, and is not impeached, would he be subject to criminal prosecution?”

Sauer responded: “If he were impeached and convicted first... there is a political process that would have to occur.”

https://www.semafor.com/article/01/09/2024/trump-immunity-hearing-president-assassinate-rival-not-prosecuted

Trump hearing: Judges sound sceptical of Trump's immunity defence

Judges expressed scepticism on Tuesday, as lawyers for Donald Trump presented a landmark case that ex-presidents should get immunity from criminal prosecution.

Mr Trump's lawyers claimed his time in office protects him from charges connected to his alleged effort to overturn the 2020 election.

The justice department argued the presidency was not "above the law".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67920129

"So shocking to hear Trump counsel say a president is free to sell pardons and kill political opponents, unless and until successfully impeached (which may never happen for a host of reasons)," said former federal prosecutor Andrew Weissmann.

"Listening to the appellate court hearing on Trump's immunity claim," wrote longtime newspaper editor Mark Jacobs. "Good lord, his lawyer is a dip<deleted>."

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-immunity-2666908599/

37 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Yes, he actually meant all the other days too.

I know, world news is boring now. Nothing new. Sorry you had to go back 2 weeks for this.

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I know, world news is boring now. Nothing new. Sorry you had to go back 2 weeks for this.

I don't follow your posts. I only saw it because I read the new post. You'll recover.

• 1 month later...

Ok when ya all are finished with your Endless diatrabes and strawman arguments ^^^.  Maybe a dictator is what it takes to get anything done with these "progressives" sandbagging every thing Trump wants to do: Halt this treasonous invasion at the Southern border. Halt sending Billions down this Ukdraine rabbit hole . Instead invest in all the degraded infrastructure in the USA. That would include cleaning up the social and physical decay in these liberal SAPS run cities. That would include federalizing the national guards to help clean up this sorry mess

Fascism isn't all that bad.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Ok when ya all are finished with your Endless diatrabes and strawman arguments ^^^.  Maybe a dictator is what it takes to get anything done with these "progressives" sandbagging every thing Trump wants to do: Halt this treasonous invasion at the Southern border. Halt sending Billions down this Ukdraine rabbit hole . Instead invest in all the degraded infrastructure in the USA. That would include cleaning up the social and physical decay in these liberal SAPS run cities. That would include federalizing the national guards to help clean up this sorry mess

Fascism isn't all that bad.

Just another whiney MAGA, so sad. Your real problem is the falling apart of the Republican party should be your concern.

https://www.newsweek.com/nikki-haley-warns-republicans-about-state-party-1873584?piano_t=1

11 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Just another whiney MAGA, so sad. Your real problem is the falling apart of the Republican party should be your concern.

https://www.newsweek.com/nikki-haley-warns-republicans-about-state-party-1873584?piano_t=1

Could care less about any party: If the man in the moon party could address/correct all the tasks I listed they would have my vote. 1) Stop the Southern border invasion. 2) Stop sending Billions to Ukraine. 3) Now invest in all infrastructure upgrades to include the degraded social/physical degraded inner cities. This plan would up employment in all the trades. Ya all seem to have issues with improving the USA ???. 

16 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Could care less about any party: If the man in the moon party could address/correct all the tasks I listed they would have my vote. 1) Stop the Southern border invasion. 2) Stop sending Billions to Ukraine. 3) Now invest in all infrastructure upgrades to include the degraded social/physical degraded inner cities. This plan would up employment in all the trades. Ya all seem to have issues with improving the USA ???. 

You seem to not understand and it is sad. Putin will continue his savaging and people that support his war are war criminals as well. But this post is about Trump so my take on the lost Republican Party is I miss intelligent Republicans and understand Trump is the party and it leaves little chance to ever improve America.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Thumbs Up 1