Rayong woman arrested for alleged minor sex trade and drug distribution

snoop1130

sex.jpg

Unfolding in the heart of Rayong, a woman suspected of operating a minor sex trade and drug distribution network has surrendered to the police.

This dramatic event unfolded yesterday, December 4, rooted in allegations from two teenage victims who had reached out to a local Facebook page, Zoom Rayong, claiming they had been held captive and exploited in a house doubling as a brothel in the Mueang district.

The victims, aged 16 and 14, managed to escape from their sex trade captors and complained to the Phe Police Station on November 28. However, when the case appeared to stagnate, they sought the attention of the public and the legal aid of lawyer Paisarn Ruangrit through social media.

Euay, the 16 year old victim, revealed the shocking details of their ordeal. She confessed to having worked as a prostitute before her association with the accused, a married couple who ran the brothel. Euay and her friend, along with three other teenagers, were forced into the sex trade and drug dealing under the auspices of the couple.

According to Euay, all of the teenagers were coerced into substance abuse, drug distribution, and sex work. The victims were made to sleep with clients multiple times a day, receiving only a fraction of the payment. Shockingly, Euay alleged that some of the brothel’s patrons were police officers.

By Mitch Connor

Caption: Picture courtesy of ASEAN Now

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The victims, aged 16 and 14, managed to escape from their sex trade captors and complained to the Phe Police Station on November 28. However, when the case appeared to stagnate

is it any surprise?

11 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The victims were made to sleep with clients multiple times a day, receiving only a fraction of the payment. Shockingly, Euay alleged that some of the brothel’s patrons were police officers.

dangerous move. bib involved in all the things you cannot denounce. unfortunately i fear nothing will be done. 

when the ones who are meant to keep society safe are corrupt it is easy to say all hope is lost

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Me and the Mrs were walking along Sukhumvit soi 4 about 1 month ago and there was an older lady with 2 very young looking girls. Both looking very nervous as they walked into Nana plaza. 
Now, most Thai girls look much younger than their age. But these 2 looked very young. No doubt fake Thai ID and no doubt being touted for business.. sad state of affairs. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to Euay, all of the teenagers were coerced into substance abuse, drug distribution, and sex work. The victims were made to sleep with clients multiple times a day, receiving only a fraction of the payment. Shockingly, Euay alleged that some of the brothel’s patrons were police officers.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The victims, aged 16 and 14, managed to escape from their sex trade captors and complained to the Phe Police Station on November 28. However, when the case appeared to stagnate,

Makes a lot of sense.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Misunderstanding , they were undercover , building a case .....

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's Soi Cowboy in Bangkok, but perhaps Thaiger were too lazy to find a photo of Rayong.

my nemesis... lol

thanks for that... i know rayong a bit and i was wondering where the picture was taken from. couldnt see any landmark similarities with rayong

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

my nemesis... lol

thanks for that... i know rayong a bit and i was wondering where the picture was taken from. couldnt see any landmark similarities with rayong

When I did a search for Rayong nightlife, this image is about all that Professor Google could find... lol

front-of-kuad-beer.jpg?w=500&h=500&s=1

12 minutes ago, Guderian said:

When I did a search for Rayong nightlife, this image is about all that Professor Google could find... lol

i know, that is why i was wondering where the photo was from. there isnt much night life worth mentioning in rayong. that city is actually boring. it has gotten a bit better over the years, robinsons... lamtong ... but i am glad i am past the age of going out

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

i know, that is why i was wondering where the photo was from. there isnt much night life worth mentioning in rayong. that city is actually boring. it has gotten a bit better over the years, robinsons... lamtong ... but i am glad i am past the age of going out

That's because nightlife in Rayong is NOT for westerners that can't speak Thai.

Nightlife there looks a HECK of a lot better than Nana, Walking Street, Soi 6 etc.

https://web.facebook.com/Zoods/?_rdc=1&_rdr

There are very seedy sections of Amphur Mueang Rayong, near the car dealerships on Sukhumvit on the East end of the town, and one small road over near Paknam (Rayong Rivermouth).   I used to keep a kayak over near there and when bicycling over for sunrise paddles, the girls would still be standing out waiting for customers.  No doubt some were in situations like the OP.   Very sad to see, but what to do?  The BiB were no doubt involved allowing this activity to occur.