Solar Power for Home

Having read sapperrests post and replies from a few months ago

im most interested in getting a solar system with battery for home

we are at the end of the line and the voltage fluctuates down to 180 volts or less

options to remedy touted are connecting 3 phase to the house at a cost of approx 300K

or the other option nay well be solar

yes i realise the " package " is going to be quite expensive.

any recent real life experiences with a solar setup , id like to hear of, or recent recommendations for a company who can provide quality products, for a fair price

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, 33 RPM said:

any recent real life experiences with a solar setup , id like to hear of, or recent recommendations for a company who can provide quality products, for a fair price

Ideally you should research product supplied locally to others and gain some ideas.

> What is your average monthly consumption in KWhours and roughly how much used by day -v - overnight.

> What region are you in, city or rural?

I installed a 10kw Deye hybrid system 4 months ago with 12 x 550w tier#1 panels and couldn't be happier.  I purposely did not purchase a battery as I believe costs may plummet within 12 months and quality/safety is also improving.

• Thanks 1

Chiang Mai

Doi Saket

cannot answer monthly consumption as the house is new, pool pump not operational yet

have 2 energy efficient cassette air cons in main kitchen living area  80 sqm approx, which have needed very little use these past 2 months

im primarily wanting to generate enough power to run

pool pump 1.8 kw

one cassette aircon and the usual suspects, fridge. some other electrics etc

and have reserve to send to the battery.

as for battery prices coming down, i wish they would as well, but from what i read, with the ever increasing demand for lithium, the battery prices are not going to drop in price any time soon 

Here's our 1 phase, installed.  8kWh Inverter/20kWh ESS   No recommendation, as located below Hua Hin.

Produces just enough for the house (<10kWh/day) on a few crappy days in a row, to probably 50+ kWh on good day, as we've haven't needed more.   Only produced 49, as that day we exported 15kWh. 

Produces more than enough to charge the EVs with excess solar.  

One approach would be to install panels and a grid tie inverter, primarily to boost voltage back up to 220V. Of course, the inverter must be able to operate down to 180V.

This doesn't help you at night, no idea if you need extra power after dark, but it saves you from buying batteries.

I have never seen a house with solar in Thailand (well there might be a few) where I live there is many (I guess every 4) But here the government helps you with paying for an installation of about 100500 baht so why the Thai government can't help to pay for part of that?

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

I have never seen a house with solar in Thailand (well there might be a few) where I live there is many (I guess every 4) But here the government helps you with paying for an installation of about 100500 baht so why the Thai government can't help to pay for part of that?

You need to get out more.   Along with being here/TH.  Also, if house was built with solar installation in mind when designed, you probably wouldn't be able to see the panels any way.   A roof with a slight pitch is preferred.

You can't see our panels, if standing in front of the house or from a distance.  You'd never notice them.

I'm actually surprised how many house I see with solar, considering there's not govt incentives or assistance.  No practical plan to buy back excess.

You'd notice solar if looking for, especially when riding the elevated rail lines at Krung Thep.

Our installer probably puts in 3 to 5 systems a week.  Only took them 1 day to install ours.  They're non stop working.

• Thumbs Up 1

Go out more? Just came back from a holiday in Ratchaburi I have not seen a single house with solar, yes maybe because you are a Farang you designed your house for solar. Normal Thai houses don't have solar. But as you know they be better off. I am not complaining but the government should help to install one.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 3:04 AM, still kicking said:

Go out more? Just came back from a holiday in Ratchaburi I have not seen a single house with solar, yes maybe because you are a Farang you designed your house for solar. Normal Thai houses don't have solar. But as you know they be better off. I am not complaining but the government should help to install one.

i am in the throws of having a system installed, going to be 9x 570 longi panels, 5kw deye hybrid inverter with a 11kw battery 48v 248ah, the installer from Bangkok is busy all the time, i had to wait a month for him to fit me in, he found some time for his men to come and fit the panels, so he is coming next week to complete the install, system will not be seen from street level

• Like 1
  • Love It 1