Chinese top visa holder summoned and fined over distorted claims about Bangkok’s notorious Nana

webfact

On 12/11/2023 at 8:19 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

What makes you claim that?  Her case is done and she has been charged and fined.   If she was facing deportation she would be in custody with her visa cancelled and that has not happened.

"A Chinese social media influencer who came to Thailand to do a hatchet job on the kingdom’s foreign tourism industry, particularly Bangkok’s Nana nightlife district, has found herself summoned, charged, fined and warned off by Immigration Bureau police who informed her she could be facing potential deportation for breaching the kingdom’s strict labour laws."

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2023 at 11:25 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

"...knowing the defamation laws in Thailand, don't you think they would do something?"

Clearly, you do not know the defamation laws.   No, they would not be able to do anything, as in this case, she was not charged with defamation. 

Neither Thailand as a country, nor it's government as an entity, can be defamed under the defamation laws and any person doing so person cannot be charged with defamation.  If they're dong something else that is illegal maybe they should watch out, if they're not, they have free rein.

"This legal action goes beyond the ordinary, as it raises questions about the potential impact on the influx of social media influencers and tourists who frequently visit Thailand and document their experiences on platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube."

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/9/2023 at 6:00 AM, mot said:

Why is Nana not the best place for single women and female tourists? Maybe because they would be ignored by the male assistance!! Do you have any exemple of a female tourist having  troubles in Nana? Of course not! The area is safe, I don't particularly like thais authorities but the chinese lady is lying. 

And Bangkok and Nana or Patpobg is ten thousand time safer than any place in France, the country where I'm living. I'm not joking. Paris is dangerous for both women and men and in any area. Even small towns and villages are dangerous today. 

Agree! It appears these Woke  Governments are responsible ! Thought crimes to non assimilating immigrants  are all 

a curse on society!

imop

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

"The TikTok influencer was found to be in breach of Sections 8 and 101 of the Royal Decree on the Management of Foreigners’ Work. The provision provides for a fine of between ฿5,000 to ฿50,000 while leaving the visa holder facing cancellation and potential deportation as well as being blacklisted from holding a Thai work permit for two years."

I know what the possible maximum consequences are but obviously she is not facing that.  If she was facing deportation she would be in custody with her visa cancelled and that has not happened so she is, obviously, not facing deportation this time.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:
On 12/10/2023 at 11:25 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

"...knowing the defamation laws in Thailand, don't you think they would do something?"

Clearly, you do not know the defamation laws.   No, they would not be able to do anything, as in this case, she was not charged with defamation. 

Neither Thailand as a country, nor it's government as an entity, can be defamed under the defamation laws and any person doing so person cannot be charged with defamation.  If they're dong something else that is illegal maybe they should watch out, if they're not, they have free rein.

"This legal action goes beyond the ordinary, as it raises questions about the potential impact on the influx of social media influencers and tourists who frequently visit Thailand and document their experiences on platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube."

...and cannot be charged with, or sued for, defamation against the country.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

"A Chinese social media influencer who came to Thailand to do a hatchet job on the kingdom’s foreign tourism industry, particularly Bangkok’s Nana nightlife district, has found herself summoned, charged, fined and warned off by Immigration Bureau police who informed her she could be facing potential deportation for breaching the kingdom’s strict labour laws."

"Immigration Bureau police who informed her she could be facing potential deportation..."

She could be in different circumstances and under different IO's discretion but, obviously. she is not facing deportation, if she was she would be in custody with her visa cancelled and that has not been reported as happening so it's safe to presume that it isn't happening!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Topah said:

I like Nana. If you dont like Nana...don't go to Nana.

Anyway if all traveling bloggers are considered working.... I dont think anyone has a work permit...

Blogging wasn’t the issue, she was selling stuff online.

she has been deported and blacklisted according to KhaoSod.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 5:18 AM, Scouse123 said:

I agree,

I had my family here earlier this year including my ex wife, sister and niece and they all wanted to see it.

At breakfast the following day they were all adding up how much they had spent, which was plenty! , buying drinks in the bars for those asking etc. In fact, all of them spent more in that one night in Nana than any other night in a three country tour of Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Their comments were that they were glad of the experience and now knew what they were talking about should anybody mention Nana Plaza in The UK.

It obviously wouldn't be something they would do on a regular basis on a trip to Thailand.

In essence, it was a bit of fun and a laugh.

Moving on from that, my comments were mainly aimed at the Chinese influencer, who dressed provactively and then slagged off tourists who approached her in Nana Plaza red light district. in that location, what did she honestly expect?

I was pointing out if she wanted a chilled night with no hassles from men then Nana Plaza wasn't probably the best choice. I think she sought the place out deliberately.

I believe she just did it for hits and publicity online as that is where these so called ' influencers ' derive their income, with their ' likes and shares and follows '

I believe she just did it for hits and publicity online as that is where these so called ' influencers ' derive their income, with their ' likes and shares and follows '

You must factor into this however the WHO. Who IS being influenced?

Although conservatism exists across Thailand for example, most clean living, devout Thais shrug-off any notion of moral judgement or disapproval towards Nana. 

A culture however currently on a quest of ethnic purity and moral superiority (5 thousand years old....) which modern China is - not to mention of course global power, will feed on ANYTHING that perpetuates the bullsh*t they are fed from the State on a daily basis. 

• Love It 1