Five children left with 40 baht daily rescued from shopping centre life

webfact

image.jpeg

Five children found living in a shopping centre, left by their parents with only 40 baht per day, have been rescued by Kan Jom Puan, also known as Kanthasat Pongphaiboonvech, along with officers from the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security and Bang Khen Police Station.

The children aged between one and 12 years old were discovered living in the food court area of a shopping centre near a children’s play zone. They had only a bedsheet, two dolls, a stroller, a bag of diapers, a food box, and a water bottle.

Local vendors in the area were the ones taking care of the children who, upon discovery, appeared malnourished and barefoot. The officers took the children and their mother for questioning at Bang Khen Police Station.

According to Kan Jom Puan, the case came to light after locals reported seeing five siblings abandoned to live in the shopping centre for the last three months. The oldest child, 12 years old, was left taking care of the others, with the youngest being only one year old and having to drink water instead of milk.

by Samantha Rose

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 5
  • Haha 2

As a beauty technician, I'm sure she could find an extra source of income to support her kids... You'd have thought after having three kids she'd understand she can't afford to look after them on 320baht per day. Her kids clearly mean nothing to her. 

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

As a beauty technician, I'm sure she could find an extra source of income to support her kids... You'd have thought after having three kids she'd understand she can't afford to look after them on 320baht per day. Her kids clearly mean nothing to her. 

Are you for real the sad emojis on your post are a criticism of your total insensitivity and lack of understanding of the real world. Do you really think she wants to live in poverty and hasn't tried. She can't get a second job because she would have to leave the children during hours when the mall isn't open, and if you read the article her landlord won't allow the children in the property without the parents

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RobU said:

Are you for real the sad emojis on your post are a criticism of your total insensitivity and lack of understanding of the real world. Do you really think she wants to live in poverty and hasn't tried. She can't get a second job because she would have to leave the children during hours when the mall isn't open, and if you read the article her landlord won't allow the children in the property without the parents

I wouldn't exactly say her life is the 'real world'. She has 5 kids, her choice, that she cannot support. Her place doesn't allow kids left alone, which I find an unusual clause in a cheap rental contract, so she should move. 

Why doesn't the deadbeat dad with no job look after them? He is doing nothing anyway or has he been actively looking for a job for three months too? Out of the house at all times? 

In the real world, a person with responsibilities does whatever they can to look after their children. As I say, if she's pretty I'm sure she could get a job that pays more as she's earning less than minimum wage anyway for the capital (the real world). Could she not work in marketing or try selling something? Even working as a lottery seller would work. 

Edited by alien365
  • Sad 2