15 month retirement visa no longer available?

Then why are other people posting with the same information as mine?  Why are our agents now telling us -, using the nomenclature I used, that they are unable to process our requests now? Can you give me an example of getting such a visa? Perhaps you're thinking of something else.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

non O based on retirement and subsequent 12 month extension.

"

The visa holder will often apply for Visa extension based on Retirement when in the Kingdom, which will enable them to stay for longer (see below). However, for this initial application, you will need the following documents:

• Proof that you are 50 years or older (your passport will suffice)
  • Sufficient funds in your Thai Bank account not less than 800,000 THB. " Every source says this. This is not the visa we're discussing.
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, cubism001 said:

My 15 month retirement visa seems to be off the market now. Anyone have a martial arts connection or something similar that works for them? Or advice? I'll bet I have to pull up stakes & live elsewhere! Thanks!

Are you talking about the Non-immigrant O based on retirement with multiple entries? That is is for 12 months and can give you close to 15 months if you enter Thailand on the last day of the 12 months. That one is still around.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, farang51 said:

Are you talking about the Non-immigrant O based on retirement with multiple entries? That is is for 12 months and can give you close to 15 months if you enter Thailand on the last day of the 12 months. That one is still around.

Where from ?

From what I have seen, embassies are only issuing a single entry Non-Imm 'O' based on retirement.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, cubism001 said:

My 15 month retirement visa seems to be off the market now. Anyone have a martial arts connection or something similar that works for them? Or advice? I'll bet I have to pull up stakes & live elsewhere! Thanks! Ubon Joe, your opinions?

Are you not referring to the multiple entry based on marriage which you can, or used to get at Savakannet which lasted up to 15 months,

Also, where does the Martial Arts connection come in to this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Where from ?

From what I have seen, embassies are only issuing a single entry Non-Imm 'O' based on retirement.

Sorry for not saying so, I thought it was back in all countries. It was gone for a while but in the last year I have seen it mentioned for several countries in various threads in here. I got mine in Denmark.

6 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

This has been mentioned many times before but I'll repeat it but for shiz and giggles.

Using an agent means you can keep your money invested in a real country and get a decent rate of return. 

You don't have to dump assets to fund the financial requirements and you also don't have all that money festering in a Thai bank account at ridiculously low interest rates.

There's also the added bonus of never having to visit an immigration orifice ever again! 

How much does the agent charge usually? 

On 12/9/2023 at 2:25 PM, Pattaya57 said:

OP has started 3 threads now about this magical "15 month agent visa" and still no-one knows what he's going on about 

Note: he said it is not the 90 day non-imm O + 12 month extension package that Agents use to give 15 months total

Never heard of a 15 month visa and have been here 13 years

6 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Using an agent means you can keep your money invested in a real country and get a decent rate of return. 

You don't have to dump assets to fund the financial requirements and you also don't have all that money festering in a Thai bank account at ridiculously low interest rates.

I've never understood this argument as initial non-imm O + 12 month extension through an agent costs around 26,000 baht. So that means your money at home needs to earn 3.25% after tax just to break-even (5% interest can easily be < 3.25% after tax)

However, how do you live if you don't send the same 800,000 baht a year to Thailand that non-agent users send. Why do agent supporters always act like they never have to send their home money to Thailand in order to live?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bobthegimp said:

Why do people who leave 800k in a dead account post misleading information about using agents?  

First it's 400k in dead account for most of the year as you can spend 400k after 3 months, before topping up again to 800k 2 months before next extension.

You failed to say how much money you send to Thailand each year while on an agent funded extension. Is it more than 400-800k baht so you also have same money in a dead account to pay for living expenses?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Confused 1

In February of 2009, at Hua Hin Immigration, I converted a Tourist Visa to a Non-O and simultaneously obtained a one-year extension based on retirement that began at the end of the 90 days provided by the Non-O......so effectively I obtained a 15-month permission to stay.  Whether any Immigration office will do that again is unknown to me but maybe that's what the OP is trying to talk about.  But, as everyone else has said, there is no such thing as a single visa or extension that lasts 15 months. 

• Agree 1

I'm guessing the OP must be referring to the multi entry Non O   based on retirement, ( or marriage) which is the only visa I know of that could allow 15 months, if used carefully.  It has certainly been removed from the UK e visa website, and many others according to recent reports, apparently the marriage version is still available from Savannakhet.

Personally I have never used an agent, but I have no issues whatsoever with anybody who does,  for whatever reason.

I cannot understand why anybody posting on this forum  objects to others using an  agent, It really isn't any of their business.

Do agents even have any influence regarding visa applications made in foreign countries, its not something I ever thought about before but I would be interested to know the answer

As for the objectors, why not just get a life and mind your own business

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Why do people who leave 800k in a dead account post misleading information about using agents?  

Why those who do not use agents feel the need to stick their nose into other peoples business is a mystery to me.  Shortcuts are there to be taken after all

3 hours ago, CMBob said:

In February of 2009, at Hua Hin Immigration, I converted a Tourist Visa to a Non-O and simultaneously obtained a one-year extension based on retirement that began at the end of the 90 days provided by the Non-O......so effectively I obtained a 15-month permission to stay.  Whether any Immigration office will do that again is unknown to me but maybe that's what the OP is trying to talk about.  But, as everyone else has said, there is no such thing as a single visa or extension that lasts 15 months. 

Sorry wrong person lol

Edited by jimn