German accused faces criminal charges at home over under-age liaison with a 17-year-old Pattaya bar girl

webfact

32 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Sounds like your a closet Pedo 

Now then "georgina"  you've got me interested. Don't worry too much about having thrown a particularly unpleasant insult at me,  water off a ducks back pal , sticks and stones and all that. And I am prepared to give you this one opportunity to apologise.  

In return I simply ask that you kindly explain to me exactly what a "closet pedo" sounds like, maybe a few examples would help   Furthermore, how does the sound of a "closet pedo" differ from the sound of an overt Pedo.     

You could do yourself a favour by also explaining how you know so much about this 

36 minutes ago, proton said:

Paying for sex IS illegal, again read the 1996 act

Section 9 Whoever procures, seduces, or takes away another person to commit the act of prostitution, even with consent of such person, irrespective of whether the various acts which constitute the offence are committed inside or outside the Kingdom, shall be punished with imprisonment of one to ten years and a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand baht.

Reads as if it is with reference to pimps/people trafficking. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

3. Big Joke is trying to take the focus off the fact that his RTP took bribes to let him go.

We have had numerous distractions here.....the very first one was the hand wringing over the negative image for Thailand this created.

On 12/12/2023 at 7:35 AM, peter zwart said:

legal or not. Any older person that wants to stick his w!llie in a minor should be locked up. Also men here that think they can have a normal relation with a girl thats 35 years younger..........what a joke. Get youself examined.

On 12/12/2023 at 7:25 AM, BritManToo said:

Is sex with a 17yo illegal in Germany?

I think not!

Can you even extradite someone for this?

From what i understand they do not have an extradition agreement with Thailand. 

What confuses me is that in Thailand sex with a 17 year old is not really illegal. As long as there in agreement and the parents accept the man. I do not really remember all I read about it but, this law for sex with minors is really not a law as per se.. As explained to me by Thais, it's only enforceable if the family allows it to be. 

I am also confused, how do you tell if a girl is 17 or 18? Did the man ask for ID? Why is not the owner of the bar in prison for hiring her if she really was underage? The police are making a really big deal with their comments about underage sex. But I think it is more for show than anything. 99% chance this German man never asked her age while buying her drinks and asking if she wanted to have sex for money. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, thesetat said:

From what i understand they do not have an extradition agreement with Thailand. 

What confuses me is that in Thailand sex with a 17 year old is not really illegal. As long as there in agreement and the parents accept the man. I do not really remember all I read about it but, this law for sex with minors is really not a law as per se.. As explained to me by Thais, it's only enforceable if the family allows it to be. 

I am also confused, how do you tell if a girl is 17 or 18? Did the man ask for ID? Why is not the owner of the bar in prison for hiring her if she really was underage? The police are making a really big deal with their comments about underage sex. But I think it is more for show than anything. 99% chance this German man never asked her age while buying her drinks and asking if she wanted to have sex for money. 

Germany isn't seeking his extradition and German is looking into crimes of  rape of a child , which paying a minor  for  sex is , as they cannot legally give consent 

• Like 1

let me add to the confusion:
upon the 17 th birthday (western count) someone is 17 until the 18th B-day.

Upon the 17th b-day, in the area where I live, some is considered 18 and, as I have seen, can get a driving permit.

so which age are we talking about, a 17 year old that is 18 ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, KKra said:

Upon the 17th b-day, in the area where I live, some is considered 18 and, as I have seen, can get a driving permit.

Thai's when they are born... they are 1 yr old arent they.

So is this girl actually 16 !

17 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Germany isn't seeking his extradition and German is looking into crimes of  rape of a child , which paying a minor  for  sex is , as they cannot legally give consent 

It's interesting that this guy has been arrested in Germany, does anyone know what the age of consent is in Germany?

Normally when considering international crimes it needs to be a crime in both countries.

For example, the age of consent in the UK is 16 but I'm not familiar with German laws.

23 minutes ago, KKra said:

Fourteen 

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

It's interesting that this guy has been arrested in Germany, does anyone know what the age of consent is in Germany?

Normally when considering international crimes it needs to be a crime in both countries.

For example, the age of consent in the UK is 16 but I'm not familiar with German laws.

Why dint you look it up and do some research , you posted that you don't know anything .

Why not do some websearches to find thigs out ?

Underaged prostitution is illegal in Germany and this is what this guy did in Thailand 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Why dint you look it up and do some research , you posted that you don't know anything .

Why not do some websearches to find thigs out ?

Underaged prostitution is illegal in Germany and this is what this guy did in Thailand 

Define 'underage' in Germany? What is the age of consent there?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Yes but ...paid sex is 18 ,that's where they can arrest him.

You must be 18 for me to hire you 

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes but ...paid sex is 18 ,that's where they can arrest him.

You must be 18 for me to hire you 

Ok, makes more sense now with this as some added context.

I did lookup the law about the age of consent in Germany and was surprised to find out that it is in fact 14 with some caveats and additional rules applying to the age of 16 and 18.

It's definitely an unusual country with non standard rules which I found surprising.

13 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Ok, makes more sense now with this as some added context.

I did lookup the law about the age of consent in Germany and was surprised to find out that it is in fact 14 with some caveats and additional rules applying to the age of 16 and 18.

It's definitely an unusual country with non standard rules which I found surprising.

this isn't about the age of consent, its about child prostitution

Under 18s cannot be prostitute's in Germany either 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

No longer true WRT to the UK!

You can now be prosecuted in the UK if the crime you committed overseas would have been illegal in the UK at the time you committed it! 

Extraterritoriality: The UK Perspective - Global Investigations Review

International Criminal Court Act 2001 - Explanatory Notes (legislation.gov.uk)

Edited by scottiejohn
Original link provided

On 12/12/2023 at 12:48 AM, proton said:

That's called an ID card, you only have to ask to see them

Would you recognise the girl from her ID card picture?? Especially with you in a state of hornyness and after 10 bottles of Singha. I doubt even her own mother would recognise the girl on half the ID cards in Thailand. 

The girls borrow older friend ID cards as routinely as borrowing makeup or clothes.

Edited by Simon1287
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KKra said:

As the subject is an underage prostitute employed in a bar, it doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, sateuk said:

If your a famous Thai boxer it's ok to have sex with a 17 year old , farangs have to be more careful 

No, it is not, charges against him are currently being finalised.  And he didn't have sex with the 17-year old, allegedly.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/12/2023 at 7:55 AM, oxo1947 said:

Don't tell me they are going to fly people around the world  for something like this----she has probably had  (being kind) many customers, none would have been younger then her ,

so all were braking the  criminal code of Thailand, and places like the USA etc.

That could very well be, yes. And if you thought that a crime suddenly becomes legal simply because many before you committed the same crime, I’m afraid you’re wrong, otherwise you may just walk into the next bank and rob it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1