German accused faces criminal charges at home over under-age liaison with a 17-year-old Pattaya bar girl

webfact

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Imagine the judge getting (and laughing) a extradition request in my UK and Thailand demanding the return of a UK national for having sex with a 17 year old , a year older than the legal age for sex in the UK.

Thai police are laughable sometimes.

17 year old in the UK these days is probably up the duff with her 2nd kid and on the council lists already

Are Thailand seeking his extradition ?

From reading the story , the German authorities are prosecuting him in Germany for crimes committed in Thailand 

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There's some felangs diddling with their 12 year old step daughters , some even got their step daughter pregnant 

You sound very intelligent Nick.

This is how threads usually get closed because they get derailed by nonsense not related to the topic 

Edited by georgegeorgia

17 minutes ago, proton said:
22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it is not illegal to pay for sex in Thailand.  Prostitution and the aspects of prostitution is defined in Thai law.  Paying for sex, per se, is not illegal, there have to be specific circumstances for payment to be illegal.

Obviously you have not read the 1996 suppression of prostitution act

I have but obviously you have not understood it.  Nowhere in that Act does it state "paying for sex" is illegal.  The Act specifies under which circumstances commercial sex is an offence.  

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There's some felangs diddling with their 12 year old step daughters , some even got their step daughter pregnant 

Sure they do , <deleted> happens out there , but its a world away from the subject of this thread

19 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:
24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it is not illegal to pay for sex in Thailand.  Prostitution and the aspects of prostitution is defined in Thai law.  Paying for sex, per se, is not illegal, there have to be specific circumstances for payment to be illegal.

Thai law as defined by 'Liverpool Lou? '

Oh, I get it now. My mistake.

Try reading the Act and then post a quote from it, in its full context, that states, without qualification, that "paying for sex" is an offence.   I won't hold my breath.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Correct.  Many aspects of prostitution are illegal in Thailand (e.g. soliciting, running a brothel, underage) but the act of paying for sex itself is not illegal.  In fact, it's been part of Thai culture for centuries and still is!  

Paying for sex IS illegal, again read the 1996 act

Section 9 Whoever procures, seduces, or takes away another person to commit the act of prostitution, even with consent of such person, irrespective of whether the various acts which constitute the offence are committed inside or outside the Kingdom, shall be punished with imprisonment of one to ten years and a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand baht.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:
28 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Correct.  Many aspects of prostitution are illegal in Thailand (e.g. soliciting, running a brothel, underage) but the act of paying for sex itself is not illegal. 

Thank you...maybe they'll take your word for it!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Sounds like your a closet Pedo 

Jesus Christ where did that come from,   " a closet pedo"   a rather serious accusation based on what ?., a comment made to others that you were unable to understand  Well there are probably 3 of us on here now that know you are an idiot,    and a "van banger" you don't know what that means either do you.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:
24 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Thai law as defined by 'Liverpool Lou? '

Oh, I get it now. My mistake. :cheesy:

Oh let LL have his say he is nearly 80 poor old bugger  .just thinking in another 5 years or so we will miss his enlightening posts !

Perhaps you could point out the inaccuracies in my comments on this subject, then, Professor?

6 minutes ago, proton said:

Paying for sex IS illegal, again read the 1996 act

Section 9 Whoever procures, seduces, or takes away another person to commit the act of prostitution, even with consent of such person, irrespective of whether the various acts which constitute the offence are committed inside or outside the Kingdom, shall be punished with imprisonment of one to ten years and a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand baht.

Jesus...  Only in the circumstances defined in the Act and that Section 9 (that you clearly do not understand) is very specific and only part of the Act!...   

"Section 9 Whoever procures, seduces, or takes away another person to commit the act of prostitution..."

"Procures, seduces or takes away" being the operative words in that context.

14 minutes ago, milesinnz said:

I wonder what went so wrong in your pathetic life that you think you can impose your value system on other adults.. You are some screwed up small minded fool who does not even have the balls to post a photo of themselves. You are pathetic..

no other insults you want to cast my way or are you done now - lol.

Of to your husband to keep him company, now jog on bubblegum.

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2023 at 9:01 AM, Crossy said:

Long ago, I worked on a project in Malaysia. 

All government forms are dual-language, Bahasa Malaysia and English, with one exception, the application for a Work Permit, which was in BM only!

Governments move in mysterious ways.

My Thai wife and I both live (on and off) in Hong Kong where we have permanent Residence status.

EVERYTHING , anywhere (except a few restaurant names etc ) are in both Chinese and English.

Also, everyone carries an ID card, which is often checked by cops on the street, on their beat, and always in 7/11 etc before selling alcohol to younger looking people.

Like they SHOULD do here instead of the stupid selling hours here.

Prostitution is not illegal there.....only running a "house of ill repute" is.

They are not stupid....so why make it illegal?

I'd say one of the places (of many) I've stayed and lived in worldwide......but a bit expensive.....apart from beer and wine.