German accused faces criminal charges at home over under-age liaison with a 17-year-old Pattaya bar girl

webfact

1 hour ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I haven't read into the particulars of it.

But my interpretation is she was 17 at the time, he was over 17 at the time, if it was consensual then its not illegal in Thailand because she is over 15/16 -> very much like UK law (same reason Prince Andrew was free and clear).

So unless it was 'rape' he hasn't committed a crime in either country, except perhaps trafficking... which i doubt could be argued in Germany for paying for sex with a consenting 17 yr old.

15 years

Age of ConsentThe age of sexual consent for both boys and girls is 15 years. The Thai Penal Code also provides for close-in age exemption in case a child below 18 has sexual intercourse with another child aged 13-15 years of age with the consent of the latter.

Age of ConsentIn Germany the age of sexual consent is 14 (§ 176 Abs. 1 StGB). Over 14 years a consent is impossible in cases of force or fee or the absence mental maturity. Under the age of sexual consent there is an exemption of punishment for cases when the difference of age and mental maturity is small.

She was fourteen. 

8 hours ago, milesinnz said:

you are the one who started the insults... but then in your sea of arrogance and delusion, you are not capable of facing reality..

the rest of your statements do not make any sense.. are you pissed again ?.. trying to drown your sorrows - there must be plenty of them...

You've no idea do you, i'm assuming you've just got here, nevermind, you'll learn!

I don't drink, weed is my drug of choice, you should try it by the sounds of it.

On 12/12/2023 at 9:46 AM, jvs said:

Imo it has little to do with a 17 year old girl going with an older customer and got paid for it.

I think this happens everyday somewhere in Thailand,also she is 17 not a real child anymore plus she knew what she was doing.

She probably had a few customers before.

I have only read a few pages of this topic and a lot of people seem to get confused with what the law really says about this.

Now i do not know why this German guy went home and opened his mouth.

If he would have shut up no one would have known?

I think the problem is a gigantic loss of face on the Thai Police part.

This has been world news and not really positive.

Big Joke needs to go there and find out who paid whom how much and for what!

He is not getting any answers in Thailand and in my view going to Germany even makes matters worse.

Germany has a special bond with Thailand and maybe this is also coming into play.

In the end a few names will be mentioned and some lower rank will be told to take the blame and after that?business as usual.

Keeping in mind that in Germany this case would not exist as 17 is well within the law. 

3 hours ago, NextG said:

Wrong. They cannot ‘consent’ when under fifteen years old. Try waking up..

How old was she, i've read 17, now reading 14/15.

If 14/15 what the <deleted> was she doing in the bar in the first place?!

17 is bad enough.

Edited by Jenkins9039

1 minute ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Post has 17 in it, now people stating she was 14/15

No one stating she was 14/15. She was 14. The article is Fake News and your ‘shock’ at all of a sudden understanding what the furore is all about in the first place is certainly something. 

17 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its quite the norm these days . 

British people who commit crimes abroad can be charged with those crimes back in the U.K

I thought they struggled to even charge those who commit crimes at home!

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2023 at 4:09 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

So in Germany it's legal for an adult to pay for sex with a 14-year-old?  I somewhat doubt that.

Laws concerning prostitution are usually different from age of consent, as is the case in Thailand.

There used to be no laws concerning such in LOS, or so I understood. Before my time, but apparently there were 14 year old prostitutes in Bkk and I imagine elsewhere.

I believe it was the USA that made them introduce such, but that could be wrong. Just what I read long ago.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If she was working in a bar and had sex with an older farang it was prostitution. Of course one could claim that it was true love....................

You can only claim that if it was an exchange of money that can be proven. Also, if it is deemed prostitution, it means that the girl will be prosecuted as well as that is illegal.

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

You can only claim that if it was an exchange of money that can be proven. Also, if it is deemed prostitution, it means that the girl will be prosecuted as well as that is illegal.

What fresh foolishness are you posting today? Fourteen year old prosecuted for being prostituted??

On 12/12/2023 at 7:35 AM, peter zwart said:

legal or not. Any older person that wants to stick his w!llie in a minor should be locked up. Also men here that think they can have a normal relation with a girl thats 35 years younger..........what a joke. Get youself examined.

However morally reprehensible having sex with a girl much younger than you is/may be, she was not a minor; in the sense of being below the age of consent in either Thailand or Germany.

Locking up people because they offend a moral rather than a criminal code is wrong, and would be a false application of the law; as would passing any sort of official judgement on the age differences in relationships which you describe.

Whilst paying for sex with someone under 18 is illegal in Germany, I suggest that the allegations, considering where they eminate from, will be so tainted by the corruption so blatant in the bar industry in Pattaya that a German court would be reluctant to convict on any evidence presented by the Thai authorities, irrespective of "Big Joke's" presence. Any conviction would likely be overturned on appeal.