DTAC 15Mbps Data sim problem

stubuzz

My daughter's 1 year unlimited data sim is now not working well and giving less than 0.5 Mbps speed when tested. The app shows that it is still valid for 100 days. Her mother's DTAC sim is still giving the full speed in the same location.  Anybody having similar issues?

Is it unlimited but reduced speed after set amount by chance?  Likely she (if teenager) is using a lot more data than wife.  Are they actually the same data plan?  They provide so many different plans really need to read fine print and check amount of usage if there are speed limits.

Edit:  missed your thread header, as often done, and seems that provide answer.  Only 15mg are at full speed.  If google that card name get:

"Data 15 Mbps 100 GB and unlimited data with 128Kbps" 

Edited by lopburi3

I have what sounds like  a similar package (Max speed 15Mbps, unlimited data) and a few months ago had a similar issue - it's discussed on here if you have the time to dig around my old threads/posts.

In summary, DTAC told me usage of 100GB per month is what they consider above average and when they will start restricting it, even though this didn't appear anywhere I could see when I purchased it.  The above poster appears to say he can see it currently so maybe they've had a few complaints and added this info now.

I used to leave the TV on whenever I was home which accounted for a lot of my usage so I've modified my behaviour in that regard and it now seems back to normal.

Check her data usage and see if this is perhaps the same in your case.

10 minutes ago, freeworld said:

1 year unlimited sims also have a data cap at 100GB per month. Need to check if that has not been exceeded.

My new True 1 year unlimited sim is like that.

Nope. If it wasn’t stated in the T&C on purchase, they cannot add it retrospectively. New SIM might have that restriction. 
All my SIMs are unlimited with no stated FUP. 
OP needs to check with DTAC on 1678

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, freeworld said:

1 year unlimited sims also have a data cap at 100GB per month. Need to check if that has not been exceeded.

Apparently the NT Thunder SIM doesn't.  This was recommended to me during my recent discussion and I almost moved to it.  I even went to their office to get one but it was a holiday Monday and they were closed.  When I next had an opportunity I'd heard back from DTAC and changed my habits as mentioned.

32 minutes ago, treetops said:

Apparently the NT Thunder SIM doesn't.  This was recommended to me during my recent discussion and I almost moved to it.  I even went to their office to get one but it was a holiday Monday and they were closed.  When I next had an opportunity I'd heard back from DTAC and changed my habits as mentioned.

He made it up anyway. It’s simply not true. 
Of course they reserve the right to ‘protect the network’, but if it was sold as Unlimited with no speed reduction, then that is what you should get. If you don’t think your usage excessive, complain or ask for a refund. 
None of my SIM have a stated FUP figure. 

55 minutes ago, freeworld said:

My new True 1 year unlimited sim is like that.

Then yours is not an ‘Unlimited’ SIM. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, stubuzz said:

My daughter's 1 year unlimited data sim is now not working well and giving less than 0.5 Mbps speed when tested. The app shows that it is still valid for 100 days. Her mother's DTAC sim is still giving the full speed in the same location.  Anybody having similar issues?

There are two different products:

The one from DTAC costs 1790 and has a 100GB limit. https://www.dtac.co.th/prepaid/products/ready-sim.html
The one from independent distributors costs 1990 and has no stated limit. 

Have you checked the DTAC App to see which package she has?

Examples:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/dtac-15mbps-100gb-60-12-i4821140658-s20032870789.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/dtac-unlimited-15mbps-wpn-mobile-i2010874838-s6475016835.html

Not same… But perhaps people buy the cheaper without realising. 
If DTAC try to pull a fast one, then ask them to explain the price discrepancy between the two. If would be moronic for them to expect customers to pay more for exactly the same thing. 

2 hours ago, NextG said:

Then yours is not an ‘Unlimited’ SIM. 

They promote it as an unlimited sim, have been buying and using for several years now but there seems to be a new small print which I have not noticed before that it is limited to 100 GB per month.

It is this one.

Screenshot_20231214_153626_Firefox.jpg

Edited by freeworld

3 hours ago, treetops said:

Agree, I have had NT sim for data and they are unlimited for data and max speed 300Mbps works quite well in Bangkok.

Bought and tried dtac sims as well a few times but had constant buffering a eventually gave them away and stayed with true and NT.

29 minutes ago, freeworld said:

They promote it as an unlimited sim, have been buying and using for several years now but there seems to be a new small print which I have not noticed before that it is limited to 100 GB per month.

It is this one.

Screenshot_20231214_153626_Firefox.jpg

When did you take that screenshot? That is not the price for 15 Mbps Unlimited. That is the price for 15 Mbps 100GB

https://www.true.th/news/truemoveh/simreadynet-1790thb

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/truemove-h-15mbps-unlimited-1-60-wpnmobile-i311266964-s554190454.html

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

When did you take that screenshot? That is not the price for 15 Mbps Unlimited. That is the price for 15 Mbps 100GB

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/truemove-h-15mbps-unlimited-1-60-wpnmobile-i311266964-s554190454.html

It was a screenshot I took from lazada from some random shop today.

I did not know there was a specific sim from true for 100GB, the ones I have seen are 60GB and 70GB in MBK.

The one I actually bought in Nov 2023 was this true sim thor 2189 Baht below. It is the same one they are selling in MBK: data 15Mbps 4G/5G unlimited, 60 mins free call per month to all networks, free calls to true numbers 15 min per time.

Screenshot_20231214_170132_Lazada.thumb.jpg.d57dfd1a50a6230ee53a1c38148e1f6a.jpg

Edited by freeworld

4 hours ago, NextG said:

Have you checked the DTAC App to see which package she has?

I purchased the 15 Mbps unlimited sim and it has worked fine for the last 9 months.

I get her to call dtac.

Edited by stubuzz

54 minutes ago, freeworld said:

It was a screenshot I took from lazada from some random shop today.

I did not know there was a specific sim from true for 100GB, the ones I have seen are 60GB and 70GB in MBK.

The one I actually bought in Nov 2023 was this true sim thor 2189 Baht below. It is the same one they are selling in MBK: data 15Mbps 4G/5G unlimited, 60 mins free call per month to all networks, free calls to true numbers 15 min per time.

Screenshot_20231214_170132_Lazada.thumb.jpg.d57dfd1a50a6230ee53a1c38148e1f6a.jpg

Then your one does not have a data cap. Who told you that is does? I guess no one and perhaps you just jumped to a conclusion?

15 minutes ago, NextG said:

Then your one does not have a data cap. Who told you that is does? I guess no one and perhaps you just jumped to a conclusion?

Yes, as I said I had not seen this 12 month 100gb sim in MBK. Probably seen the 100 gb somewhere for an unlimited sim and thought it applied to mine.

Edited by freeworld

6 minutes ago, freeworld said:

Yes, as I said I had not seen this 12 month 100gb sim in MBK. Probably seen the 100 gb somewhere for an unlimited sim and thought it applied to mine.

Good that is clarified. Though 100GB is not an Unlimited SIM’, you using the same term for both is somewhat confused. Hopefully we’ll get an update from the OP. Since his has 100 days to run, it’s not a new SIM. 

Edited by NextG

2 hours ago, stubuzz said:

No help from the automated system. She will go to he DTAC shop today.

1678 is not an automated system. You speak to someone and they look at your account. Going there in person is not helpful as there is nothing more they can do in person, other than say to swap a faulty SIM. 
What did you get from the ‘automated system’?

On 12/14/2023 at 11:04 AM, lopburi3 said:

missed your thread header, as often done, and seems that provide answer.  Only 15mg are at full speed.  If google that card name get:

"Data 15 Mbps 100 GB and unlimited data with 128Kbps" 

This doesn't make any sense 

15mg

15 mbps 

100 GB 

128KBPS. 

What are you saying? 

53 minutes ago, NextG said:

1678 is not an automated system. You speak to someone and they look at your account. Going there in person is not helpful as there is nothing more they can do in person, other than say to swap a faulty SIM. 
What did you get from the ‘automated system’?

My daughter told me that her sim had been reset. I will follow up again.

31 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

This doesn't make any sense 

15mg

15 mbps 

100 GB 

128KBPS. 

What are you saying? 

Was trying to say first 100gb at 15 mbps (full speed) per month but revert to 128kbps if exceed that limit.  Got it twisted however.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

My daughter told me that her sim had been reset. I will follow up again.

How are the speeds now? Did she reboot phone or at least switch to Airplane Mode for a few seconds in order to reset the connection after the SIM profile was reset?

If they agreed to do something then it sounds like an Unlimited SIM ‘accidentally’ put in the limited system. 

• 3 weeks later...

Do they limit speed on that true 15Mbps unlimited Thor sim?

I got old 4G+ true 10Mbps but on speedtest it goes over 100Mbps

Works well I pay 200 month unlimited data.

Just ordered 5G 15Mbps Thor from shoope it's Unlimited with calls like mine 4G

Wonder what's the speed tests on that, anyone use it? Can u share results from. Speedtest.net 

True don't limit speeds do they at least on my 4G sim

38 minutes ago, Pattaya420 said:

Wonder what's the speed tests on that, anyone use it? Can u share results from. Speedtest.net 

Speedtest is not accurate for those SIMs. Use https://testmy.net/ and tell us again. 
Speedtest will show the maximum available as if it were not limited, as opposed to what you are actually receiving. 

41 minutes ago, Pattaya420 said:

It’s 15Mbps with unlimited free calls WITHIN the Truemove H network. Only 60 minutes in total for ANY network calls.