The Children of Gaza = More than 7000 Killed.

CharlieH

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thought so, you have no idea and obviously know knowledge of  International Humanitarian Law

IHL allows for the killing of civilians when militarily necessary, subject to the principles of distinction and proportionality. This stems from a recognition that killing is a given in wars, and it is simply unfeasible to criminalise all kinds of civilian deaths. IHL can be understood as accepting the realities of violence in war while restraining its effects. Fundamentally, as long as an attack is proportionate to the concrete and direct anticipated military gains, any incidental wounding or killing of civilians may not automatically be deemed an unlawful act, subject to individual assessment.

Just for some further clarification for you. Mistakes are indeed made and Israel have owned up to these, however everything is done to avoid civilian casualties and your comparison to the Holocaust remains pathetically wrong as does your claim that Israel is deliberately killing thousands of women, children and men.

How is the IDF Minimizing Harm to Civilians in Gaza?

https://www.idf.il/en/mini-sites/the-hamas-terrorist-organization/how-is-the-idf-minimizing-harm-to-civilians-in-gaza/

You quoted this very same passage last month. It's but one person's opinion and even he admitted the principles of distinction and proportionality are open to interpretation.

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Seems the Israeli tactics are working then, and wars are not measured by tit for tat.

Now Israeli tactics require another year of war in Gaza, plus the government seems to have given up on any hope of getting its hostages back 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can you, in anyway, logic or reasons, justify the oppression, collective punishment, illegal settlements, settler violence against the legal land owners, incarceration without trial for years, violence against Palestinian prisoners, and many other crimes against humanity that Palestinians have been subject to by israelis for decades?

Can you, in anyway, logic or reasons, justify blowing up over 7,000 children that took no part in October 7?

Can you, in anyway, logic or reasons, justify the many crimes against humanity taking place in Gaza by israelis against Palestinians?

Depriving a population of food, shelter and medical supplies is a crime against humanity, and bombing hospitals or schools and killing medical staff and journalists are crimes against humanity.

One can understand a fight for a  "just cause" but to dehumanise and degrade millions of Palestinians out of revenge and hatred?...

YES I CAN, It's called a war, a war started on the 7th of October by the Hamas/Iran, their masters, a war where

the so called 'freedom fighters' hiding among children and the general population,

a guerrilla war from tunnels dug under hospitals, schools, kindergartens and mosques, a war that uses children to pick up

a weapon, a war that the leadership of the terrorist don't really care for the dead and the collateral damage and infect,

the more dead women and babies the better,

Here's the thing my friend, according t high ranking Israel IDF generals, this war, with the Hezbollah joining in now,

will take up to a year with many, many more dead mainly on the Palestinian sides, do you have enough BS to spread around

for a whole year to come?...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

You quoted this very same passage last month. It's but one person's opinion and even he admitted the principles of distinction and proportionality are open to interpretation.

No its the law:

Same quote used in legal article taken direct from source icrc below, that and all the other information that is contained in the link.:

The principle of proportionality prohibits attacks against military objectives which are “expected to cause incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects, or a combination thereof, which would be excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated”.

https://casebook.icrc.org/a_to_z/glossary/proportionality

The proportionality rule requires those who plan a military operation to undertake in good faith a pre-attack analysis to determine the effects of the attack on civilians and civilian objects.

Such a determination requires a balancing of probabilities that take in foreseeable collateral civilian casualties and the relative importance of a particular military target. This is a relational concept – in other words, it can’t be quantified by stating any fixed number of civilians dead or injured for any one attack.

Is the rule of proportionality being observed in Gaza?
In concrete terms, the rule of proportionality – and its associated precautionary measures – require that the Israeli military undertake, in good faith, a pre-attack analysis of likely civilian casualties ensuing from each and every aerial attack in Gaza. That analysis should be based on timely, reliable and constantly updated target intelligence.

Israeli military spokesmen have stated repeatedly that they are taking all feasible measures to avoid excessive collateral damage in their bombing campaign.

https://theconversation.com/what-is-the-rule-of-proportionality-and-is-it-being-observed-in-the-israeli-siege-of-gaza-217321

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bannork said:

Now Israeli tactics require another year of war in Gaza, plus the government seems to have given up on any hope of getting its hostages back 

plus the government seems to have given up on any hope of getting its hostages back 

What makes you think that?

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

No its the law:

Same quote used in legal article taken direct from source icrc below, that and all the other information that is contained in the link.:

The principle of proportionality prohibits attacks against military objectives which are “expected to cause incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects, or a combination thereof, which would be excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated”.

https://casebook.icrc.org/a_to_z/glossary/proportionality

The proportionality rule requires those who plan a military operation to undertake in good faith a pre-attack analysis to determine the effects of the attack on civilians and civilian objects.

Such a determination requires a balancing of probabilities that take in foreseeable collateral civilian casualties and the relative importance of a particular military target. This is a relational concept – in other words, it can’t be quantified by stating any fixed number of civilians dead or injured for any one attack.

Is the rule of proportionality being observed in Gaza?
In concrete terms, the rule of proportionality – and its associated precautionary measures – require that the Israeli military undertake, in good faith, a pre-attack analysis of likely civilian casualties ensuing from each and every aerial attack in Gaza. That analysis should be based on timely, reliable and constantly updated target intelligence.

Israeli military spokesmen have stated repeatedly that they are taking all feasible measures to avoid excessive collateral damage in their bombing campaign.

https://theconversation.com/what-is-the-rule-of-proportionality-and-is-it-being-observed-in-the-israeli-siege-of-gaza-217321

The Israeli military may have to attempt to justify before the ICC that they have ' taken all feasible measures'. 

Many don't believe them 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

The Israeli military may have to attempt to justify before the ICC that they have ' taken all feasible measures'. 

Many don't believe them 

So the crystal ball comes out now, this has not even been referred to the ICC

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bannork said:

Many don't believe them 

Just who are these many doubters?  I suppose I can count you in among the many. Notice, I purposely avoided "WE can count you in," since I speak for myself.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

plus the government seems to have given up on any hope of getting its hostages back 

What makes you think that?

Netanyahu's statement the war will continue for another year suggests to me he sees no deal possible with Hamas 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bannork said:

Netanyahu's statement the war will continue for another year suggests to me he sees no deal possible with Hamas 

No deal with Hamas, how does that relate to the below statement?

42 minutes ago, bannork said:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bannork said:

And your point is?

• Like 2

Just now, bannork said:

He does'nt want a deal with anyone, the lowlife wants to eliminate Palestine, isn't that clearly obvious??? 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 2baht said:

He does'nt want a deal with anyone, the lowlife wants to eliminate Palestine, isn't that clearly obvious??? 

Actually Israel wanted a ceasefire deal with Hamas for a hostage/prisoner sway but Hamas was the one that refused. You should keep up with events.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Just who are these many doubters?  I suppose I can count you in among the many. Notice, I purposely avoided "WE can count you in," since I speak for myself.

Doubters all around. Only the naive would believe a word from either Hamas or the IDF

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misinformation_in_the_2023_Israel–Hamas_war#:~:text=Misinformation has been wide-ranging,in circulation on social media.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Actually Israel wanted a ceasefire deal with Hamas for a hostage/prisoner sway but Hamas was the one that refused. You should keep up with events.

And you should take note of how many children the criminal Netanyahoo has murdered, and continues to murder!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bannork said:

Comparing Hamas a designated terrorist group with well deserved evidence to prove it and the IDF is not your finest hour

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Try as you might, you will never convince me that anything good comes out of Israel!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 2baht said:

And you should take note of how many children the criminal Netanyahoo has murdered, and continues to murder!

Deflection from your claim and further unsubstantiated claims. You really don't have much to work with here aside from hyperbole

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Deflection from your claim and further unsubstantiated claims. You really don't have much to work with here aside from hyperbole

Sorry I can't provide an eye witness account, I have no intention of ever visiting the region! Tell me what you are seeing!!!

• Confused 2

Tons of words have been spilled on this topic already, the fact is, and was since 1948, that there's very little right or wrong here,

just two nations, two groups of people, 2 religions, with vastly different out outlook on life and existence, one group of 7 million who has nowhere to go

and the other, who claim the same land for themselves only, and so the killing will continue way beyond this war, as there will

be another and another wars with more death and destruction on both sides, this is the nature of the land and it has been so for

thousands of years...

Edited by ezzra

2 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Does Israel doing anything to be liked??? Let me know, Wobbly!

Israel is TOO BUSY surviving, they leave the liking to later...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Keep on rocking in the free world!

You rock on, I'll keep away from hateful antisemitism and stick within the forum rules:

15. You will not discriminate or post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, medical history, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, paternity, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant factor.

• Thanks 1