Change from reirement to marriage visa

14 minutes ago, GregBow said:

Thank you for the help

How would this work?

I have the 400k in bank, my superannuation is paid into Aus bank, i send or withdraw from ATM as needed.

If I send 50k per month as a standing order to use as the added payment should I set up a bank account seperate for this?

How to show it to immigration?

In most cases, you would need to show the regular monthly deposits  from overseas and they are marked as such by the bank with a code,You show the bank statements to the immigration.

You need to go to your immigration office and ask/confirm with them exactly what they want.Offices do vary. Get it from the horses mouth.

1 hour ago, GregBow said:

If I send 50k per month as a standing order to use as the added payment should I set up a bank account seperate for this?

Think you are making easy into difficult.

First up not all immigration offices accept combo method.

Second even if you change to income method you will need to use money in bank method for your next extension be that retirement or marriage.

The reason being is that you need to show 12 months of transfers.

A dedicated bank account for immigration purposes is a good idea. 

You can transfer your monthly super payment from your Oz bank (using WISE) with online banking in under two minutes.

Think you have couple of choices.

Start income transfers from April next year for either retirement or marriage with view of moving to obtain extension using income method for 2025 extension

OR 

Change to extension based on marriage using the 400k in bank (note only required for two months then can be used.

The second option can be done for 2024 extension and imo simple option.

The money is not locked up unlike funds for retirement.

You can live off the 400k from the day you obtain final stamp. 

Transfer another 400k 2 months prior to extension in 2025.

Wash and repeat. 

• Confused 1

On 12/16/2023 at 6:16 PM, rwill said:

They did change the rules but it was never 800K for the full year.  It used to be 800K 3 months before the extension and you were free to use it all until the next 3 month period.  Then they changed it to 800K two months before and three months after the extension with 400K the rest of the year.

Here's the link you wanted.

22. In the case of retirement:

Screenshot (92).png

Cheers mate - much appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 10:10 AM, GregBow said:

Dear all.

I retired a year ago and am using 800k in the bank method.

I have a car owing about 350k and making monthly payments.

Would like to withdraw my 800k retirement  and keep 400k marriage money in bank.

Thus allowing me to pay off the car.

Means changing to marriage visa and extension from current retirement visa on first 12 month extension, which expires in April 2024.

Can ypu advise please?

I would wait till I've been granted the new marriage visa. Don't be caught without the money in the bank from the regular retirement visa. The process isn't a slam dunk. There were several times during the process when I thought of throwing in the towel with frustration. 

On 12/16/2023 at 4:22 PM, Jack1988 said:

I suggest you to avoid a marriage with a thai women, it's only a waste of money. Better to be single in thailand

Thanks for that brilliant input.