What does Zuckerberg know that we don't?

CharlieH

3 hours ago, Iamloki said:

I think that should be "sucker enough millions to be a billionaire (several times over)".

In fairness, facebook has about 3 billion active users monthly. facebook provides a service those users very much appreciate. I don't use it, but I know people who do, and religiously. He earned his wealth. I don't like, dislike, or demonize him for self-promotion. I don't think about him at all.

And for those suggesting a silo as a better option, or Norway, or NZ, Zuck's house isn't ONLY a bunker. It's mostly a huge above-ground mansion to be enjoyed most of the time by his family and guests--in the paradise of Kauai. He can afford to have a bunker underneath, so why not? Oh, he's thought about all your questions about sustainability. He surely enjoyed the planning. 

Yep, after the apocalypse he may indeed not be able to survive there forever, in accordance with the ANF Poster Mausoleum Principle mandating permanency. Maybe the questions are, will he likely survive longer than you will? Will he be more comfortable in his bunker than you will be scrabbling in the rubble, if you aren't buried beneath it? Where would you rather be? :)

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

In fairness, facebook has about 3 billion active users monthly. facebook provides a service those users very much appreciate. I don't use it, but I know people who do, and religiously. He earned his wealth. I don't like, dislike, or demonize him for self-promotion. I don't think about him at all.

And for those suggesting a silo as a better option, or Norway, or NZ, Zuck's house isn't ONLY a bunker. It's mostly a huge above-ground mansion to be enjoyed most of the time by his family and guests--in the paradise of Kauai. He can afford to have a bunker underneath, so why not? Oh, he's thought about all your questions about sustainability. He surely enjoyed the planning. 

Yep, after the apocalypse he may indeed not be able to survive there forever, in accordance with the ANF Poster Mausoleum Principle mandating permanency. Maybe the questions are, will he likely survive longer than you will? Will he be more comfortable in his bunker than you will be scrabbling in the rubble, if you aren't buried beneath it? Where would you rather be? :)

I do not use or particularly appreciate FB's reach - or that of the other tech giants - but I do not begrudge him his success. It was his idea and he did work for it.

With that said...

Now, I don't know
I don't know
I don't know where I'm-a gonna go
When the volcano blow

42 minutes ago, Iamloki said:

I do not use or particularly appreciate FB's reach - or that of the other tech giants

Self-delusion. Without the tech giants, you couldn't post--or do quite a few other things, come down to it. :)

42 minutes ago, Iamloki said:

Now, I don't know
I don't know
I don't know where I'm-a gonna go
When the volcano blow

Sour grapes are always a great fallback, no?

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Without the tech giants, you couldn't post--or do quite a few other things, come down to it. :)

"Tech giants" are responsible for little to no innovation. Innovation comes from individuals and start-ups. Tech giants use economies of scale to disseminate the innovations of start-ups they have gobbled up. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, mikebike said:

"Tech giants" are responsible for little to no innovation. Innovation comes from individuals and start-ups. Tech giants use economies of scale to disseminate the innovations of start-ups they have gobbled up. 

OK. Stop posting and throw away your phone, computers, and TV. Bye.

7 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

... and a lot of ( body ) guards .

That wall won't hold of the masses when there is the "zombie apocalypse " he may be afraid of ...

Only ... all his money will become worthless ... how will he pay them ?

You would pay the bodyguards by providing them with life in the bunker. However, it would be prudent to leave them outside as they would probably take over when they eventually realized who then held the power.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

There's a lot of talk about zombies roaming the earth after the nuclear holocaust.

How many here really believe a sub-human race of mindless bloodsuckers will arise, and survive, where no one else can?  Americans?

Nobody believes that nonsense. Hollywood fantasy.

What does Zuckerberg know that we don't (didn't)?

Answer: How to monetize Narcissism.

OTOH, some know how to monetize billionaire fear; thus, bunkers and bugout estates.

As for what Zuck is preparing for, it's the same thing religious zealots have been preparing for since around 300AD, which is The Second Coming, the arrival of Godot, Hell freezing over, (insert-your-own Apocalyptic scenario). The End is Near, anytime now, really, believe me...things have never been so bad*....(*except a few hundred other times in human history, when things were much worse).

Zuck is just playing long odds, and using funds that are maybe a rounding error of his net worth. Essentially he is buying asteroid insurance....an unlikely event that would have a huge payoff if it actually happened. He's throwing chump change at a Fat Tail.

Besides their companies (I don't have FB, but I do buy off another billionaire's online shopping smi-monopoly), something that these "I want to outlive my money" guys have done is fund real research into longevity and maximizing healthspan. ALL OF US benefit. The former nerdy weeny Zuckerberg is now sculpted and a Black Belt. All these guys now know the benefits of weight training and fitness, taking the right kind of supplements (e.g., creatine, magnesium, Omega-3), minimizing stress, and getting solid sleep.

Rather than worry about zombies, people would be far better served by hitting the gym, tossing the cigarettes and candy, chilling out and getting sleep, and breathing clean air. Of course, most people won't do that. Instead they will buy guns or freeze-dried turkey tetrazinni or trump NFTs......waiting....waiting.....waiting, like refugees in the movie Casablanca, for TEOTWAWKI.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/16/2023 at 10:00 PM, fondue zoo said:

Don't they say, not sure who they is, but don't they say these types will be the first to go, build a fortress to tomorrow and then tiktok a tour. Can't use mercs, the toughest one is just going take over all your stuff, no matter how much Jiu-Jitsu you know it won't be possible to repel the hordes on your own, so the only option must be robotic guard sentries?

If I had his money, I'd be contracting these from Japan as we speak. They could tend the crops, monitor the defense laser cannons (think about the movie "Congo") and switch off in bed every night. :tongue:

9 hours ago, BigStar said:

Self-delusion. Without the tech giants, you couldn't post--or do quite a few other things, come down to it. :)

Sour grapes are always a great fallback, no?

Ah... some people have no sense of humor, and are so full of their own... stuff... there is just no talking with them... Shooting stars are so cool to watch, but burn out so fast, don't you think?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BigStar said:

Nobody believes that nonsense. Hollywood fantasy.

"a new survey found 1 in 7 Americans actually DO have plans in place in case of a zombie outbreak.

That’s 14% of Americans, including 24% of millennials . . . 15% of Gen Xers . . . and 6% of baby boomers."

25 Unbelievable Things Americans Believe (list25.com)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

"a new survey found 1 in 7 Americans actually DO have plans in place in case of a zombie outbreak.

That’s 14% of Americans, including 24% of millennials . . . 15% of Gen Xers . . . and 6% of baby boomers."

25 Unbelievable Things Americans Believe (list25.com)

You asked how many here? Out in the wild you can find people who'll believe anything, or think they do. I sometimes like to cite Flat Earthers as an example.

Here we seem only to have found a Brit, who has a number of other odd beliefs. Zuck, the topic here, hardly needs to imagine zombies as a threat to be aware of the possible utility of a bunker.

7 minutes ago, BigStar said:

You asked how many here? Out in the wild you can find people who'll believe anything, or think they do. I sometimes like to cite Flat Earthers as an example.

Here we seem only to have found a Brit, who has a number of other odd beliefs. Zuck, the topic here, hardly needs to imagine zombies as a threat to be aware of the possible utility of a bunker.

My here is broader in definition than yours.

Who were you including in your nobody believes post?

4 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

The size doesn't matter much - - it is the underground aspect... 

Oh, he'll have huge screens on the walls showing scenery and whatever. Latest QD-OLED tech.  

And they'll work. I first noticed the effect years ago when Korean Air started showing pleasant nature scenes on the seatback TV screens to calm everyone down for takeoff. Subsequently, I downloaded long nature scene videos to play on my own TV sometimes for relaxation or as in-between filler.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

My here is broader in definition than yours.

Who were you including in your nobody believes post?

Nobody here on the forum, or thread, obviously, addressing your question literally and specifically. Now that was, in retrospect, giving a little too much credit to our members. I should know better, LOL.

But since you've elaborated that your definition of here actually means "anywhere," perhaps with a particular emphasis on Americans, you've managed easily to answer your own question, rendering it superfluous in the first place.

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Nobody here on the forum, or thread, obviously, addressing your question literally and specifically. Now that was, in retrospect, giving a little too much credit to our members. I should know better, LOL.

But since you've elaborated that your definition is "broader," you've managed easily to answer your own question, rendering it superfluous in the first place.

My posts, rather than being superfluous, in your judgmental call, was to highlight, and hopefully slow, the many who read about a bunker and automatically go off on a zombie rant. A thinking person would be aware that the purpose of such a place is shelter from fallout and non-zombie, lawless people. To offset the potential argument that all were just joking, I asked how many people actually believe in this impossibility.

Also, for your edification, many more people read threads than actually contribute to them. If you believe a question posed is only for members who have actually posted, you need to expand your thinking and perhaps stop nit picking.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, BigStar said:

re we seem only to have found a Brit, who has a number of other odd beliefs. Zuck, the topic here, hardly needs to imagine zombies as a threat to be aware of the possible utility of a bunker.

Jews believe they're god's chosen.

Muslims believe they will have 20 virgins.

Americans believe everything is Trumps fault.

Forum posters believe they can find a woman that will love them for themselves.

My beliefs aren't all that odd in comparison!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

asked how many people actually believe in this impossibility.

No. Enough with the tap dancing and claim to a definition unobvious in context. Again: you asked how many here, not anywhere, which I answered. That, as noted, was, as it turned out, a superfluous question, as you could have just posted the authoritative information itself instead. (Not to mention irrelevant to the topic of Zuckerberg.) The answer would inform not only members who post HERE but those who lurk HERE as well (are these together now termed the all?), satisfying your asserted "global" concern.

On 12/19/2023 at 10:43 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Suckerburger seems to NOT know a lot that most people know.

Suckerburger is a very weird dude.

And, seemingly, not an especially warm individual, either.

Nutzo, maybe....

But, who are we to judge?

However very rich, so women will want to bonk him. Life is unfair.

On 12/19/2023 at 1:01 AM, Walker88 said:

Rather than worry about zombies, people would be far better served by hitting the gym, tossing the cigarettes and candy, chilling out and getting sleep, and breathing clean air. Of course, most people won't do that. Instead they will buy guns or freeze-dried turkey tetrazinni or trump NFTs......waiting....waiting.....waiting, like refugees in the movie Casablanca, for TEOTWAWKI.

Seems that Trump really does live in some people's heads, because they just have to put a Trump putdown in most posts they write.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1