Analysis: ‘House Arrest’ For Privileged Convict Thaksin Imminent

webfact

Everyone loves to hate the rich! Says more about them than the people they attack.  That said the MFP is the future of Thailand. Compromise is the essence of democracy. The new generation of Thais will work it out with the old. God/ Buddha bless em.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

YGood for him!! Played the system perfectly! Soon he and his sister will be able to do more good things for the exploited good  hard working  Thai people of the north. 

Many people yek yek here about " rule of law ". Doesn't exist here unconditionally. But thankfully little people will finally have a champion again.

Yes ! He might have gained  personality in times  past , but show me a leader anywhere in the world that hasn't.  Mandel might be an exception but that was a anti-coloniest exception. Never considered her in Thai

Long live Thaksin and Yingluck to take it too the establishment. 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, smedly said:

jail is beneath him

what bothers me is how the Thai people just accept this ##

from the election until now just one thing after aother

Something appears to have shifted on the ground for some, a few Thai friends that speak openly say it's too much now, they won't let go. Shrug.

And nobody wants to go down the fire and blood path,  A. it hasn't worked before  B. mums don't like their children being shot.  C. nobody likes jail

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Piyabutr Saengkanokkul said:

Welcome home dear leader. Get well soon! 

Hi , welcome here to this forum .

We need some thai opinion here ... please feel free to say what you think , ( if not against the law of course ...)

You are thai , right ...?

Not just some farang with a pseudo name ?

7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Way of the world. You got lots of money, you are above the law. 

You have little or no money, the law comes down on you to the extreme. 

It isn't the way of the world. I come from the UK, where wealth and position play absolutely no part in determining whether you are jailed or not. Even a member of the House of Lords did time.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It isn't the way of the world. I come from the UK, where wealth and position play absolutely no part in determining whether you are jailed or not. Even a member of the House of Lords did time.

Yes , right , but that is a real democracy over there ... when there are elections , the winner takes it all ...

In thailand , when there are elections , and the winner is not well liked by the ruling establisment , he is prevented to form a government by finding some ridiculous pretext like Pita'a shares ...

And , if Thaksin was the mastermind behind this , he should do his time in prison at least . He was convicted to 8 years in prison for what again ...?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This was always a deal that was established from the very beginning, prior to him leaving Dubai. Once they ousted Pita and installed PT, who then sold out to the army, the heinous army made a deal with Thaksin to return home safely without any fear of prosecution, there's no doubt about that.

He is likely going to be transferred now to an army base that has a 300 square meter luxury apartment with 77-in OLED TVs, and pure luxury intended for one of the super corrupt generals. 

Does this really surprise anyone? He will likely be released after 6 months. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously, that is no surprise.

What I still find amazing that Thai people again and again vote for (often the same) corrupt politicians and then they somehow expect to have an honest and competent government. That is mission impossible. Is that really so difficult to understand?

I think the vast majority of Thais have long since given up hope of having an honest and competent government.   They are offered a bit of money at election time by the representatives of the various political factions and vote accordingly.  

My missis got 100 baht off one of them and genuinely did not dare to vote for anybody else "for fear of reprisals" she said,  but I think an inbuilt sense of deference , to her "superiors"   ( "up people" as she calls them)  played a major part.  

Personally I have long since given up concerning myself,  just let them crack on with it 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

I expected this to happen next february .

Only hope that the thai people do not forget about the stolen election and broken promises .

And vote this corrupt clan out .

In Thailand the rich can buy ' their ' justice .

Just like in some ' banana republic ' .

And then , they want to be taken for serious on the international political scene ...

Nothing is fair or correct or according to the law here .

The law is for the poor and not ' connected ' people only .

Just a bad joke ...

As an A,Eric an, I can no longer comment. Why? Because having studied and taught US history for decades, I can see far too many similar faults within my own country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1