‘He’s dog-whistling’: Trump denounced over anti-immigrant comment

CharlieH

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Your idea of very few does not align with those of us that have seen the hordes crossing the river on tv.

Your claim is so easy to refute that I wonder how you could have made it. Who is trying to fool whom?

I will come back to this point, because I happen to have visited the exact spot in Ciudad Hidalgo, where the hordes crossed the river, a month before it happened. So, when it happened, it was a bit of a shock to me:

https://www.elsoldemexico.com.mx/republica/sociedad/cientos-de-migrantes-cruzan-el-suchiate-hacia-mexico-hondurenos-guatemala-migracion-4724710.html/amp

This is the Suchiate river, between Guatemala and Mexico. It is not the Rio Grande, which is the border of the US (Texas) and Mexico.

These people tried to make their way through Mexico, a handful ended up in Tijuana, living in makeshift camps. Most never got into the US.

Some low information types were fooled by the initial images into thinking that an invasion was coming.

images (2).jpeg

images (1).jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2023 at 8:05 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

What do you call 200,000 in one month? ( Link in previous post ) A trickle perhaps :whistling:.

No answer then?

The situation has indeed become one of the "horde" with thousands a day overwhelming the border patrol.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/2023/12/20/border-wall-migrants-arizona-texas-surge/

U.S. faces ‘unprecedented’ border surge as immigration deal stalls in D.C.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No answer then?

The situation has indeed become one of the "horde" with thousands a day overwhelming the border patrol.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/2023/12/20/border-wall-migrants-arizona-texas-surge/

U.S. faces ‘unprecedented’ border surge as immigration deal stalls in D.C.

As usual, you are conflating people crossing the border out in the desert with people arriving via legal ports of entry.  Your linked article does the same.

The Biden administration is pretty good at catching people crossing out in the desert. The problem is mostly people crossing with fake papers (brought over to work big farms) and asylum seekers.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

As usual, you are conflating people crossing the border out in the desert with people arriving via legal ports of entry.  Your linked article does the same.

The Biden administration is pretty good at catching people crossing out in the desert. The problem is mostly people crossing with fake papers (brought over to work big farms) and asylum seekers.

And also people who entered legally with a visa, then overstayed. It was around 40% of the illegal population in 2020.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 5:00 PM, Danderman123 said:

Are you ignoring the link I posted that proves a "horde" is attempting to enter the US illegally via the southern border?

If you want to talk about other means of illegal immigration don't quote me.

On 12/24/2023 at 12:29 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you ignoring the link I posted that proves a "horde" is attempting to enter the US illegally via the southern border?

What "horde" are you talking about?

Is the economy so good now that FOX News is reduced to talking about another caravan?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Agree 2

On 1/1/2024 at 3:02 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you so bored you post weird stuff?

Read the link.

I don't watch Fox any more.

Next.

No need to watch FOX when the Internet Troll Factory sends you talking points directly.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are calling AN a troll factory? That's not going to read well with the mods.

You get talking points from your Internet friends, right from the Troll Factory.

As soon as some Honduran crosses the Suchiate River into Mexico, you start posting about a Caravan. Unless you are posting from Ciudad Hidalgo, you're getting that "news" from somewhere.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are calling AN a troll factory? That's not going to read well with the mods.

Are you intentionally obtuse, or do you have a reading comprehension issue of some sort? 

It begs the question of how you form cogent opinions when you don't seem to fully grasp the information you are taking in... 

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 12:29 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Just more asylum seekers, don't get too excited about it.

Please describe the downside for you if more asylum seekers show up at legal ports of entry into the US. Does it give you a sad?

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Just more asylum seekers, don't get too excited about it.

Please describe the downside for you if more asylum seekers show up at legal ports of entry into the US. Does it give you a sad?

Why don't the asylum seekers instead go to one of the many American consulates in Mexico, or their home countries, or any country in between? It would save them a lot of shoe leather. 

If you want to know just one tiny cost of this fiasco, consider New York City. Housing and feeding the migrants costs millions of dollars a DAY.  The city pays $33 per day just to feed one migrant- that is over a hundred bucks a day for a family, just for their food. And a lot of the food is thrown away by the migrants anyway. 

Needs to stop. 

37 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Why don't the asylum seekers instead go to one of the many American consulates in Mexico, or their home countries, or any country in between? It would save them a lot of shoe leather. 

If you want to know just one tiny cost of this fiasco, consider New York City. Housing and feeding the migrants costs millions of dollars a DAY.  The city pays $33 per day just to feed one migrant- that is over a hundred bucks a day for a family, just for their food. And a lot of the food is thrown away by the migrants anyway. 

Needs to stop. 

Great.

Congress can pass a law about this.

On 12/20/2023 at 2:05 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

What do you call 200,000 in one month? ( Link in previous post ) A trickle perhaps :whistling:.

Republican logic:

If the economy is good, talk about the war.

If the economy is good and there is no war, talk about the border.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Why is it that the Biden supporters spend a lot of time criticising Trump but  never actually post anything positive about Biden ?

As Illisdean made exactly the same pathetic claim, you must have received it from one of the MAGA troll factories! Which one was it?

1 hour ago, candide said:

As Illisdean made exactly the same pathetic claim, you must have received it from one of the MAGA troll factories! Which one was it?

I genuinely have no idea who he was referring to. Is it another poster on here or perhaps a political commentator ? I even cut and pasted the exact word he wrote into google and nothing came up either! No matter it's irrelevant who he or she is.

I'm not a Trump supporter or a Biden supporter, I'm not even American , and I never heard of a "MAGA" Troll factory" 

I haven't made any claim, I asked a simple and polite question,   here it is again, the question mark is clearly visible at the end

Why is it that the Biden supporters spend a lot of time criticising Trump but  never actually post anything positive about Biden ?

I was only expecting  a simple answer. 

But, astonishingly the first responder,   decided, not to answer, instead, they changed the question to a claim, and not just any old claim but a "pathetic claim" to boot.   they then go on to insult me , as a "troll"    I think that's a very  bizarre answer to such a simple question.

I bet even Biden himself could have given a better answer, or at least taken the opportunity to say something positive about himself, rather than simply criticise the person who asked it, or indeed Trump

Does Biden even stoop to throwing childish insults, I can't say that any spring to mind, or is it just his supporters

Apparently somebody else has asked a similar question, or made a similar claim, Does anybody know if they received a similar response

• T

4 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Because Biden is doing what his advisors tell him to do. Plus, it's not human nature to praise people effusively for doing well unless one is an authoritarian or religious or both. It is, however, human nature for everyone to strongly criticise someone who is doing poorly.

I guess it seems odd for authoritarians that people don't fawn over the dear leader, I don't know.

25 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I genuinely have no idea who he was referring to. Is it another poster on here or perhaps a political commentator ? I even cut and pasted the exact word he wrote into google and nothing came up either! No matter it's irrelevant who he or she is.

I'm not a Trump supporter or a Biden supporter, I'm not even American , and I never heard of a "MAGA" Troll factory" 

I haven't made any claim, I asked a simple and polite question,   here it is again, the question mark is clearly visible at the end

I was only expecting  a simple answer. 

But, astonishingly the first responder,   decided, not to answer, instead, they changed the question to a claim, and not just any old claim but a "pathetic claim" to boot.   they then go on to insult me , as a "troll"    I think that's a very  bizarre answer to such a simple question.

I bet even Biden himself could have given a better answer, or at least taken the opportunity to say something positive about himself, rather than simply criticise the person who asked it, or indeed Trump

Does Biden even stoop to throwing childish insults, I can't say that any spring to mind, or is it just his supporters

Apparently somebody else has asked a similar question, or made a similar claim, Does anybody know if they received a similar response

• T

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post and your position. This is a thread about Trump.

If you look at the current threads about Biden, you will find several posts by me and others showing the U.S. current economic performance and the benefits of Biden's policies. For example:

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Republican logic:

If the economy is good, talk about the war.

If the economy is good and there is no war, talk about the border.

If the economy is good, most people ain't feeling it.  Car loans at 10% plus. Mortgages at 7%, added to the rise in housing costs in general. High cost of living brought on by inflation.  I could go on. A strong majority of Americans disapprove of Biden's handling of the economy.

You can argue how much of it is fair or not, but the man at the big desk always takes the heat.