Thai woman attacked and robbed in Bangkok’s Sukhumvit (Video)

webfact

image.jpeg

A Thai woman issued a warning after two thieves attacked her with a knife and robbed her in broad daylight on Soi Sukhumvit 81 in Bangkok. Witnesses and motorists passing by the scene refused to help.

The news Facebook page, Suan Luang Me Dee (สวนหลวงมีดี) shared footage of the robbery today, December 18, saying it happened to a Thai woman at 6.34am today. The female victim was approached while walking on the footpath along Soi Sukhumvit 81 in the Khlong Toey district of Bangkok.

The video shows two men riding a blue Honda Wave 110 down the Soi. The men were wearing a face mask and a black balaclava, and both were wearing motorcycle helmets to hide their identities.

One of the men jumped off the motorcycle and approached the victim from behind. He hit the woman in the head making the woman run away. She collapsed on the ground, and the man repeatedly attacked her.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ สวนหลวง มีดี

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 8
  • Haha 1

Obviously, this shouldn't happen. But it does - all over the world.

Now, how should the victim react? Hold on to her bag and defend it with her life? NO! Just give the thief that bag and live another day - hopefully with few or no injuries.

People get killed in these attacks. Is your bag so important to risk that?

Hopefully the police will arrest those robbers and charge them with attempted murder and lock them up for a long time. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

and the public were no better, totally ignoring her plight

What would you do if you see a guy with a knife attacking somebody? Would you try to fight the guy with the knife? 

I am sure some people could do that. But how many of us are able to disarm a guy with a knife? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What would you do if you see a guy with a knife attacking somebody? Would you try to fight the guy with the knife? 

I am sure some people could do that. But how many of us are able to disarm a guy with a knife? 

He didn't have a knife. Did he?

16 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

He didn't have a knife. Did he?

A Thai woman issued a warning after two thieves attacked her with a knife and robbed her in broad daylight on Soi Sukhumvit 81 in Bangkok. Witnesses and motorists passing by the scene refused to help.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Travis179 said:

Yeah, that changes things somewhat, I watched the video, but it was grainy, and distant, so I didn't see the knife.

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No, I agree with you, I missed the bit in the editorial about a knife, and I didn't see one in the grainy video.

It isn't worth for what few possessions she probably had in her bag.

It's a shame it has come to this on streets around the world these days. And to cap it off, first thing on the morning when people are making their way to work.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Show me any city in the world where similar things don't happen!

Japan is safer. But more expensive. 

Japan has the world's best Lost & Found. If you lose your wallet, there's a good chance you can go pick it up at the lost & found.

Ask Globulin if you don't believe me. He recently moved there. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

Japan has the world's best Lost & Found. If you lose your wallet, there's a good chance you can go pick it up at the lost & found.

Very possibly, but my question was not about where was safer.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah, that changes things somewhat, I watched the video, but it was grainy, and distant, so I didn't see the knife.

No, I agree with you, I missed the bit in the editorial about a knife, and I didn't see one in the grainy video.

It isn't worth for what few possessions she probably had in her bag.

It's a shame it has come to this on streets around the world these days. And to cap it off, first thing on the morning when people are making their way to work.

The bit you missed was the very first sentence in bold type. Hard to miss. 

4 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

4 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

spent a couple of years in Japan, Fusamachi and Tokyo and totally agree with this.  They are among the most honable/honest people in a crazy world.  I am embarrassed at how bad the US has become - mostly because so many folks are Trumpers and their answer is violence as he teaches!  my opinion anyway and I definitely am not a democrat but gave up on Republicans too

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

Soft target, sign of a bad economy.

No just a criminal trying for easy pickings at an inopportune time the woman happened to be in the same vicinity as him.

There seems to be a lot of these types lately in suk area hanging around or lying passed out on the pavements.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I'd walk away, it's not my business and I'm an old guy.

PS. I you have a gun, a guy with a knife is no problem.

EDIT

Just watched the video ....... those guys look so weak and weedy I might have hit them a time or two with my extendable baton.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, freeworld said:

No just a criminal trying for easy pickings at an inopportune time the woman happened to be in the same vicinity as him.

There seems to be a lot of these types lately in suk area hanging around or lying passed out on the pavements.

Muggings are very rare, historically, in Thailand, something's changed/ing

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Mike Lister said:

Muggings are very rare, historically, in Thailand, something's changed/ing

Huh?

The two guys on the motorbike attacking a solo woman, usually knocking her down while snatching her purse is the most commonly reported "mugging" related crime here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Hopefully the police will arrest those robbers and charge them with attempted murder and lock them up for a long time. 

Ok, I have heard that hope is the last thing that leaves the body. However, where do you see an attempted murder? I am not in any way defending the guys. They a lowlifes with animalistic behavior and brains of amoebas. Anyway, this is attempted robbery and assault.

• Sad 1