Trump's legal defeat in Colorado may turn into political gold

CharlieH

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Dems better be careful what they wish for.  Between Biden's malfeasance at the southern border, and Kamala's support for DC rioters who attempted to assassinate the president, they may not have a slate in 2024 if they're held to the same standard.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/trump-took-shelter-in-a-white-house-bunker-as-protests-raged.html

image.png.4d8596ad31aa888ac1594cc860f198c9.png

"That's right. But they're not gonna stop. They're not gonna stop, and this is a movement, I'm telling you.

"They're not gonna stop, and everyone beware, because they're not gonna stop," she continued. "They're not gonna stop before Election Day in November, and they're not gonna stop after Election Day.

That sure sounds like support for rioters who did their best to assassinate the President.  Of course, she walked it back a few months later and all was forgiven...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/01/15/fact-check-quotes-democratic-leaders-riots-out-context/6588222002/

Assassinate the President? What a joke! Of course the coward rushed to a bunker! 🤣

As to Kamala's quote, as usual for MAGAs,you did not even read it. It is considered In the article as "Quotes taken out of context"! 😆

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Not even a nice try - the cat must have got neutered - Pence showed up.

You must have slept through January 6.

Pence was chased out of the Capitol by the bloodthirsty mob, into the cellar. The Secret Service was ready to whisk him away, but Pence declined to retreat further, showing considerable physical bravery.

Had Pence left the Capitol Grounds, Grassley was ready to step in, and throw out Biden electoral votes.

Pence saved democracy in America on that day.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JensenZ said:

The decision was a disaster from the Democratic Party's POV... if you dig a bit deeper, 3 of the 7 Democratic-appointed judges voted against it. They couldn't even get a consensus among their party. Three Democratic judges understand that states cannot control a Federal election - that's a good thing.

There is little doubt this will be shot down in the Supreme Court. If not, there might not be a Federal Election next year as states play tit-for-tat, with Republican states taking Biden off the ballot. 

Not a disaster, it will be forgotten soon.

Do you remember when Trump was trying to disqualify Obama because of the Birther thing? No?

You just made my point for me.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Dems better be careful what they wish for.  Between Biden's malfeasance at the southern border, and Kamala's support for DC rioters who attempted to assassinate the president, they may not have a slate in 2024 if they're held to the same standard.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/trump-took-shelter-in-a-white-house-bunker-as-protests-raged.html

image.png.4d8596ad31aa888ac1594cc860f198c9.png

"That's right. But they're not gonna stop. They're not gonna stop, and this is a movement, I'm telling you.

"They're not gonna stop, and everyone beware, because they're not gonna stop," she continued. "They're not gonna stop before Election Day in November, and they're not gonna stop after Election Day.

That sure sounds like support for rioters who did their best to assassinate the President.  Of course, she walked it back a few months later and all was forgiven...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/01/15/fact-check-quotes-democratic-leaders-riots-out-context/6588222002/

Question for you:

Was Kamala Harris talking about the specific event at Lafayette Park?

A simple yes or no will do.

4 hours ago, JensenZ said:

The decision was a disaster from the Democratic Party's POV... if you dig a bit deeper, 3 of the 7 Democratic-appointed judges voted against it. They couldn't even get a consensus among their party. Three Democratic judges understand that states cannot control a Federal election - that's a good thing.

There is little doubt this will be shot down in the Supreme Court. If not, there might not be a Federal Election next year as states play tit-for-tat, with Republican states taking Biden off the ballot. 

The states do control their own Federal elections.

https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/elections-verify/federal-government-doesnt-run-elections-states-do/536-cf2698e4-4efe-489c-9af4-b571bff471d5

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, peterrabbit said:

The fundamental failure of American Democracy is that the mass indoctrinators  media has turned Democracy into a beauty contest.

Democracy is no longer about facts or policies, its all about love or hate the candidates regardless of how their policies will affect them and the world.

How can it have become the future course of a country, and the world, to rest upon candidate personalities only, rather than facts and policies?

Is the American citizen so ignorant and dumb that they cannot see the wolf is at the door and they stand on the edge of the abyss?

As an outsider, I look in total disbelief that the world's supposedly most powerful nation, can be so obsessed in naval gazing and mud slinging, that they cannot see that all is burning around them and that all free loving people will burn with it including them?

It defies belief that any American citizen could even consider voting for a dotard who can not even string a sentence together, who's policies are destroying everything their forefathers died to protect, solely because they hate the other guy!

Future generations will look back at this time as a form of mass mental psychotic illness, that lead to the destruction of the dream that was freedom and Democracy.

Trump is 77, but it's not really fair to call him a dotard.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm just pointing out the double standard.  If you believe that Jan 6 was an insurrection, you either believe the Summer of Love coming to the White House gates was an assassination attempt, or you're demonstrating a TDS double standard. 

Of course I read it. I specifically chose it to demonstrate the media covering for Kackling Kamala and the rest of the lefties, while ignoring Trump's admonition to demonstrate peacefully and patriotically.  In fact, he did it on the day.  In advance.  Kamala didn't walk back her statement(s) for months.

The crowd in Lafayette Park was doing what happens often - responding to police efforts to contain them. There was no effort to invade the White House or otherwise impede official government functions.

Your internet masters have given you this talking point, and you obviously think its brilliant. But, it's stupid.

Oh, yes: tell me again about Kamala Harris praising the Lafayette Park protestors.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Colorado has ensured that their votes are no longer significant.  They can save themselves the expense of a state campaign and election by simply rubber-stamping the outcomes of New York and California.  Doesn't matter if 99.9% of their votes go to candidate A, if candidate B is popular on the coast.

You can virtue signal all you want by changing the rules in Colorado, as for now, odds are a democrat will win the Colorado vote.  The new law won't change the outcome of where Colorado's electoral votes will go.

For now But wait until the glove is on the another foot!

When Trump, or some other republican wins the national popular vote, they'll be happy to accept the electoral votes of democrat-leaning Colorado, potentially giving them the (p)residency.

Actions have consequences.  You can try to rig the system, but sometimes the underlying factors radically change.

Your post makes no sense nor is it in any way accurate. You cant even explain your thinking in sentences that make any sense.

What "new" law are you referring to? What part of the system has been "rigged".  Your just another trumpette by the sounds of your comments.

What virtue signal (wtf does that even mean) are you referring to, following the constitution?  You dont even know who is running yet.

This lawsuit was presented by 6 people, 4 were Republicans looking for truth and honesty in politics and polls show even a high % of republicans  are in favor of the current ruling. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You must have slept through January 6.

Pence was chased out of the Capitol by the bloodthirsty mob, into the cellar. The Secret Service was ready to whisk him away, but Pence declined to retreat further, showing considerable physical bravery.

Had Pence left the Capitol Grounds, Grassley was ready to step in, and throw out Biden electoral votes.

Pence saved democracy in America on that day.

The point is that Pence was there. That's the point.

The rest of your story is just that. A story.

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Somebody just fart?

Is that a reference to this?

‘Trump smells’, ‘Trump stinks’ trends on X after former Republican member’s dig on ex-president

After former Republican member Adam Kinzinger mentioning about Donald Trump’s body odour,  #TrumpSmells and #TrumpStinks has started to trend on social media platform X.

https://www.wionews.com/world/trump-smells-trump-stinks-trends-on-x-after-former-republican-members-dig-on-donald-trump-673124

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dan O said:

This has nothing to do with liberals and only about an a$$wipe that thinks he's above everyone. More cases are pending in other states about this issue and there's now some  precedent being set. People still using the label snowflake are equal pathetic in their defense of this narcissistic POS and don't have any legitimate defense so you resort to those labels to deflect that. 

It's pretty easy to see when someone has nothing of any worth to contribute as they resort to name calling and personal attacks.

Bit sad really, that they can't play nicely.

It's because of attitudes like that that I want Trump to win big, so it sends them off on an entertaining rant.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm just pointing out the double standard.  If you believe that Jan 6 was an insurrection, you either believe the Summer of Love coming to the White House gates was an assassination attempt, or you're demonstrating a TDS double standard. 

Of course I read it. I specifically chose it to demonstrate the media covering for Kackling Kamala and the rest of the lefties, while ignoring Trump's admonition to demonstrate peacefully and patriotically.  In fact, he did it on the day.  In advance.  Kamala didn't walk back her statement(s) for months.

Sure! A protest against an assassination is the same as assaulting the Capitol in order to steal elections! 😅

Edited by candide

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

Your post makes no sense nor is it in any way accurate. You cant even explain your thinking in sentences that make any sense.

What "new" law are you referring to? What part of the system has been "rigged".  Your just another trumpette by the sounds of your comments.

What virtue signal (wtf does that even mean) are you referring to, following the constitution?  You dont even know who is running yet.

This lawsuit was presented by 6 people, 4 were Republicans looking for truth and honesty in politics and polls show even a high % of republicans  are in favor of the current ruling. 

polls show even a high % of republicans  are in favor of the current ruling. 

Soooo a high proportion of republicans are in favour of using judicial interference in politics. That doesn't seem very democratic.

How would it be if every state did that? Only left one party to vote for? What if, shock horror, a state supreme court threw the democrats off the ballot?

:w00t:

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooo a high proportion of republicans are in favour of using judicial interference in politics. That doesn't seem very democratic.

How would it be if every state did that? Only left one party to vote for? What if, shock horror, a state supreme court threw the democrats off the ballot?

I did not know the democrats have been involved in something which could be qualified as insurrection..... Did they assault the Capitol in order to steal elections?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

4 of the 6 people that introduced this for review and judgement were republicans which counters your earlier claims it's liberal, or snowflakes or democrats.

LOL. IMO just as many Republicans hate Trump as liberals. His appeal is to those that despise Washington, not a specific party. However, they probably hate Biden more than Trump, so they may vote for him anyway.

Next.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Not a disaster, it will be forgotten soon.

Do you remember when Trump was trying to disqualify Obama because of the Birther thing? No?

You just made my point for me.

You've flooded this thread with 45 posts to date. Excuse me if I'm not following you closely as I haven't read any of your posts other than your reply to me.

Don't be lazy - please explain what point I made for you.

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

The point is that Pence was there. That's the point.

The rest of your story is just that. A story.

Even though the criminal conspiracy succeeded in chasing Pence away from the certification vote?

You are basically saying if a bank robbery fails in stealing money, its not a crime.

Weird.

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

You've flooded this thread with 45 posts to date. Excuse me if I'm not following you closely as I haven't read any of your posts other than your reply to me.

Don't be lazy - please explain what point I made for you.

You forgot when Trump tried to disqualify Obama.

Likewise, everyone will forget the Trump disqualification effort, after it fails.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In a world where one party engages in insurrection, from top to bottom, yeah, they should all be thrown off the ballot, after being found guilty in a court of law.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. IMO just as many Republicans hate Trump as liberals. His appeal is to those that despise Washington, not a specific party. However, they probably hate Biden more than Trump, so they may vote for him anyway.

Next.

Sure, they were only motivated by hate, not by what Trump did!:smile:

That's ridiculous.

• Like 2