Phuket paradise beckons: TAT teams up with Saudia Airlines for tourism extravaganza

webfact

image.jpeg

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has joined forces with Saudia Airlines, setting their sights on a jaw-dropping target of 300,000 arrivals and a staggering 27.68 billion baht in revenue.

TAT Governor Thapanee Kiatphaibool revealed ambitious plans after a high-stakes meeting in Riyadh with Saudia Airlines bigwigs.

Thapanee disclosed discussions that could make this a game-changer for Saudi tourists seeking sun-soaked bliss. The talks didn’t stop there; they delved into a marketing bonanza, with the tantalising theme Two Kingdoms, One Happiness, linking the Dead Sea to the shores of Phuket.

The TAT governor stated that TAT plans to set up shop in Riyadh, creating an open invitation for Saudia Airlines to showcase its magic at the Thailand Travel Mart Plus fair in Bangkok next year. She believes this tag-team effort will catapult Saudi tourist numbers to new heights.

Thapanee unveiled the Thailand privilege cards, designed to lure affluent Saudi visitors into extending their stay and splurging.

by Mitch Connor 

Photo courtesy of The Nation

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

Whilst I love your sarcasm, many Saudi's, muslims, do imbibe, when outside of KSA?

Yes I had an unfortunate experience with this in the Sahara desert when I and a few friends were caught brewing and drinking alcohol and as a result a very angry Libyan soldier decided to stick a pistol against my head whilst ranting and raving, and I really thought my days were over. It's quite a long story so I'll end that by saying, luckily we got off the charge and were not punished.

Fast forward to the next break when flying out of Tripoli to Gatwick, and noticing several Arabs sharing a few bottles of Scotch, so I paused and stared at this and they noticed it, and in so many words told me to push off because they can do whatever they want. Money, power and dual standards prevail in these countries, so in their minds, they can drink whilst they are out of their country, irrespective of what their "religion" states. 

• Like 2