Non-O Marriage visa (from UK e-visa)

I'm currently trying to obtain a 1-year non-o through the e-visa website and it's asking for bank statements of 400,000 to be uploaded

From what I read on here I thought an initial 1000 pounds was needed to get 3 months, then 400,000 in a Thai bank account when going to extend it after 90 days

Will 400,000 in a UK bank be accepted? I can't access my old Thai bank account until I get there. Also its asking for number of days I want to stay, should it be 90 or 365?

You need £10000 in a uk bank account which must be uploaded as a pdf no screenshot also 3 months of your current account showing money coming in and going out.you don't need to show anything once in Thailand, only need to do a border run every 90 days.

14 hours ago, decline said:

Will 400,000 in a UK bank be accepted? I can't access my old Thai bank account until I get there. Also its asking for number of days I want to stay, should it be 90 or 365?

The equivalent of THB 400,000 in a UK bank is acceptable.

When I applied in October, in Switzerland where I live, for a single-entry non-visa to visit my Thai wife I wrote 90 days as my duration of stay. It is is in fact 90 days that you will stay on the basis of the permission to stay you are given when you enter Thailand. Your subsequent one year stay will be on the basis of the extension of permission to stay.

16 hours ago, decline said:

I'm currently trying to obtain a 1-year non-o through the e-visa website and it's asking for bank statements of 400,000 to be uploaded

From what I read on here I thought an initial 1000 pounds was needed to get 3 months, then 400,000 in a Thai bank account when going to extend it after 90 days

I think you are a little bit mixed up between a one year multi entry e-visa which may or may not be available on the e-visa website and a one year extension to a single entry 90 day e-visa. The extension would be obtained from immigration once in Thailand, not beforehand.

As far as the e-visa is concerned, it would be £1000 for the single entry visa and £10,000 for a multi entry visa but there have been reports that the ME option has been withdrawn.

Once in Thailand with the SE visa you would have 90 days to sort out your bank account and apply for a 12 month extension of your visa status, this is where the 400K THB comes into play.

The number of days you would put on the e-visa application should be 90 as this would be the number of days allowed in Thailand under a Non O visa, even if it was multi entry as you would be required to leave the country after each 90 days of stay.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, eric chappell said:

This is correct as I just done my 90day  none O, based on marriage, £1000 in the bank extend when in Thailand 🙏

I have been here since 2008 and had a multitude of visas and extensions, marriage and retirement. Both last Oct and This Oct have returned to Thailand on new e-visa, just used the funds in my Thai account.

20 hours ago, decline said:

The UK offer both the single and multi entry Non O visa based on Thai spouse.

The financial requirements for both are listed on their website.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/spouse-and-family-visa

3. Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party

-Your recent official UK/Ireland bank statement shows your name, address, and a minimum closing balance of £500 (for individual single entry) £1,000 (for family single entry), £5000 (for individual multiple entries, and £10,000 (for family multiple entries), proof of earnings (payslips) or sponsorship letter from your sponsor with official ID and their Bank Statements. (Do not send the screenshot)   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eric chappell said:

This is correct as I just done my 90day  none O, based on marriage, £1000 in the bank extend when in Thailand 🙏

The website is still asking for 400,000 in a bank account when i changed it from 365 days to 90 days. Maybe I need to start a new application for it to ask for 1000 pounds..

Also is it possible to put 400,000 in an English bank account then apply straight away, or do I have to wait 2 months..?

3 hours ago, Liquorice said:

The UK offer both the single and multi entry Non O visa based on Thai spouse.

The financial requirements for both are listed on their website.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/spouse-and-family-visa

3. Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party

-Your recent official UK/Ireland bank statement shows your name, address, and a minimum closing balance of £500 (for individual single entry) £1,000 (for family single entry), £5000 (for individual multiple entries, and £10,000 (for family multiple entries), proof of earnings (payslips) or sponsorship letter from your sponsor with official ID and their Bank Statements. (Do not send the screenshot)   

Multiple entry Non-O family/spouse is not available anymore in the e-visa system. Financial requirements might still be listed on the website, but there is no "multiple" option when you start an application.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, decline said:

How are people getting visa with just £1000 in the bank? It’s very confusing.

It seems the requirements have been changed.

It appears the Non-O 90-day visa to visit a Thai family now requires a bank statement showing an equivalent of 40,000 Baht in monthly income or a balance of 400,000 Baht.

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

Edited by unheard