Where exactly at BKK airport to get re entry stamp?

I understand that re entry stamps for Non B visas can be arranged at Immigration at BKK airport on day of departure. Could someone please advise exactly where the immigration office is.

Do you need to go through standard immigration (passport / finger print scan) before you get to the immigration office that offers the reentry stamp? Or Is the Immigration office on the public side of departures?

Any guidance such as near what ticket counter etc would be great.

Also, Do you only need to show passport with the Non B or is there other documentation needed?

The Re-entry permit can be obtained in the passport departure room.  When you walk into that departure room, the immigration desks are in front of you, look over in the left corner and you will see a desk with a sign on the window that says "Reentry Permit".

• Thanks 2

If you accidentally enter via the wrong zone, then the immigration will stamp you through to Departures, and then you need to make you way through to the correct zone to find the reentry permit desk (they are separated by around 150 m). You must make sure you tell the immigration officer that you plan to get a re-entry permit. 

I have a question in regard to the new automatic computer departure gates. How do they operate with the reentry permits? Can people with reentry permits use them or must they still go via a human?

@LS24 There are 2 re-entry desks that I am aware of:

• First one is described by @Georgealbert correctly: "After check in, you go through security checks and then down the stairs to immigration. At the bottom of the stairs the re entry desk is on the right hand side, in the far corner. This is before going through passport control/stamping."
  • Second one is when you go through the "new" fast track area next to check-in counter A: You have to go all the way through security and passport control and down to the duty free area, turn left and walk to the mystical figure, then turn left and walk up to the arrival immigration are. There again turn left before entering the immigration are, and the re-entry desk is located all the way in the corner. 

The first desk I know from walking past many times (last time in October), but never used it. The second one I used on 10 December this year during an emergency travel where I had no time for a "regular" immigration visit. It is a strange feeling to first get stamped out and only later to get the re-entry permit, but it works. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

It is a strange feeling to first get stamped out and only later to get the re-entry permit, but it works. 

You also get "stamped out" at DMK.

Reentry permit desk at DMK immediately behind (past) passport control 

Anybody ever get a multiple re-entry permit there? Obviously singles can be obtained but it would be interesting to know if the multiple could be gotten. Save a trip to Chang Wattana or standing in line at the local immigration office.

4 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Anybody ever get a multiple re-entry permit there? Obviously singles can be obtained but it would be interesting to know if the multiple could be gotten. Save a trip to Chang Wattana or standing in line at the local immigration office.

Multi available at the airports.

1000b Single

3800b multi 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Reentry permit desk at DMK immediately behind (past) passport control 

I wish it wasn't positioned there, simply because so many passengers, particularly from India, confuse it for an extension of visa service. Last time I was there, three separate groups of Indian men were there trying to get visa extensions for their tourist visas. They simply couldn't understand the difference between a reentry permit and a visa extension.

Edited by Gaccha

1 hour ago, Gaccha said:

I wish it wasn't positioned there, simply because so many passengers, particularly from India, confuse it for an extension of visa service. Last time I was there, three separate groups of Indian men were there trying to get visa extensions for their tourist visas. They simply couldn't understand the difference between a reentry permit and a visa extension.

TIT