Lazada Wrong Order Again.

NoshowJones

I ordered a computer chair from Lazada, the one they sent was completely different from the one I ordered. I accept that it was my fault for not checking it when it was delivered. I just gave  package to the wife's brother to build it up for me.

I cannot dismantle it and repackage it to return it. I checked on the Lazada website and the chair is not there any more. I wonder why that is.

• Confused 6
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

How did you pay COD or pay online? 

I don't see how checking it would help, the delivery guy won't take it back if you don't like it. 

I paid online, if I had checked it I could just have returned it, I can't do that so I am stuck with it. I could be wrong but I think it was deliberately done by the seller.

• Confused 1

Yeah, they basically don't have model you ordered on hand so they send you something closely matching. Especially Chinese, they are selling on eBay, Lazada, Shopee and offering huge amount of products, it's usually a huge mess, not keeping updated etc. Their game is "can it be used for intended purpose?" It's a chair, it can be sit on, so you have nothing to complain about. You will probably get refund, but getting exchanged for ordered model will be hard, since they don't have it in stock.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Just a thought, a possibility, but I often wonder if I put it in a Thai name whether it makes a difference. Not an obvious Farang name. It shouldnt, but the thought crossed my mind more than once when I get a bum deal.

That's ok if you pay cash on delivery Charlie, but I always pay with debit card as there is nearly always someone there to recieve it.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PremiumLane said:

File a complaint through here. I had a kind of similar problem with a chair, in that it was incredibly uncomfortable, but Lazada said they wouldn't do a return cos the chair had been unpacked. By law you have a 7 day period to return goods, as long as they are in good condition, and the chair was. So, I filed a complaint with them, they contacted Lazada and I got the refund. 

https://complaint.ocpb.go.th/

Thanks, I will do just that.

27 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Not the responsibility of the delivery guy. If Lazada or Shopee you could repack in accordance with the instructions on the respective websites and in most cases they will also arrange a pick up service.

I know that but I had already ordered and received this same item from another online platform and it was delivered broken because the packing was not adequate to protect.

The seller approved the return refund but the online platform rejected the return refund and withdrew all options to dispute and their chat function going in circles can drive one up the wall and I lost my money.

I ordered the same item from another online platform after chat with the seller to ensure protective packaging. Lo and behold when I received the item it was in the same kind of packaging as the first broken item and when I opened the package it was also broken. I was not going to lose my money a 2nd time.

Edited by freeworld
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I recently had a "bait and switch" experience on Lazada as well. Pyrex measuring cup advertised as "made in USA" with nice large pouring lip turned out to have tiny, poorly designed pouring lip which dribbles all over the place no matter how slowly you pour. Adding to the intrigue, I left a one-star review complaining about this expecting that there would be some response from the vendor, but when I just went back and checked, it looks like not only was there no response from the vendor, but my negative review was deleted as well. :shock1:

Update:

I misspoke about the vendor response from Lazada. I mistakenly contacted Lazada's generic customer service and left a message complaining about this discrepancy, but I didn't actually rate the product or contact the vendor at the time. I am right now going through a back and forth rigamarole about whether the cup I received matches the picture, but once I contacted the vendor, they've been reasonably responsive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I order off Lazada a lot, and the only times I've gotten the "wrong item", was when I didn't understand Thai and misread/assumed what I was ordering was the same as the photos shown. 

I can't blame Lazada for my inability to read the language of the country I chose to live in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I ordered a computer chair from Lazada, the one they sent was completely different from the one I ordered. I accept that it was my fault for not checking it when it was delivered. I just gave  package to the wife's brother to build it up for me.

I cannot dismantle it and repackage it to return it. I checked on the Lazada website and the chair is not there any more. I wonder why that is.

lesson learnt I hope ....

3 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Yeah, they basically don't have model you ordered on hand so they send you something closely matching. Especially Chinese, they are selling on eBay, Lazada, Shopee and offering huge amount of products, it's usually a huge mess, not keeping updated etc. Their game is "can it be used for intended purpose?" It's a chair, it can be sit on, so you have nothing to complain about. You will probably get refund, but getting exchanged for ordered model will be hard, since they don't have it in stock.

thank you for the correct answer 

21 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

File a complaint through here. I had a kind of similar problem with a chair, in that it was incredibly uncomfortable, but Lazada said they wouldn't do a return cos the chair had been unpacked. By law you have a 7 day period to return goods, as long as they are in good condition, and the chair was. So, I filed a complaint with them, they contacted Lazada and I got the refund. 

https://complaint.ocpb.go.th/

Had a lot of bother trying to fill in the form, the English grammar was poor. Sent in a separate email. Just have to wait for the best now.

• Confused 1