You can't get a good pizza

georgegeorgia

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I will have to try this , although I'm a bit sceptical because it sounds like it's in a tourist area and usually they are made fast 

He makes his own sauce, and uses real mozzarella cheese. Nobody else comes close. Now you made me hungry, 555

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Henryford said:

You must be fussy, plenty of great pizza places. My favouries are Dom soi 5 Pratamnack, and (surprisingly) Hemmingways near Jomtien beach.

I think that was Doms that i got a pepperoni pizza a couple of years back .... it's located across the road from Hill Fresco HOTEL resort ?     anyway it was a good pizza ,  tasty, fresh ingredients and the owner was named Alex I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, kanGBK said:

OP ,  If you like Hawaiien , you know nothing about pizzas .  American invention.   Nothing to do with original  Italian.  Cannot even buy Haw. in Italy .

I didn't know that.

I remember a few years ago a friend who is a football coach went to Italy and said the pizzas wernt what he thought they would be 

I wonder where the Hawaiian pizza started 

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Where exactly on Maprachan?

Just google "Sicily Lake Maprachan". They have a professional website.

I have as well to apologize. They have indeed a Pineapple Pizza on the menu. Maybe the owner has changed or I have always overlooked it

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I didn't know that.

I remember a few years ago a friend who is a football coach went to Italy and said the pizzas wernt what he thought they would be 

Back in the day I worked for the Italian oil co.ENI. The pizza they served on their vessels was just plain bread dough and tomato sauce.

I was a little surprised.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I didn't know that.

Hawaiian originated in Canada. I haven't yet been to Italy, but some of my friends have said the pizza there compares to the best in the New York, New Jersey area, which is noted to have the best places. The top 2 are in NYC and Naples Italy. I lived in the New York area for 30 years, and had hundreds of pizzas from all over that area, and some are top shelf. I have had a few pizzas here but none compare to anything back home. One was at Leo's in Sisaket and another Hong Kong Garden, Sisaket also. I have a few friends from back home that have said there are a few, some mentioned here, that are pretty good. You have to use mozzarella to have a real style pizza, and of course the sauce makes it. Hawaiian, along with other toppings, are okay, but still nothing compares to a sausage, mushroom, pepperoni or onion pie from back home, as far as I've tasted. So far.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Try Grottinos on Soi 33 off Pattaya/Naklua Rd ( opposite Grand Centre Point Space hotel).

or ...

Bella Italia on 2nd Road nearly opposite Soi 6.

My better half loves Hawaiian pizza, she won't even try any other. I can't stand them.

• Thumbs Up 1