You can't get a good pizza

georgegeorgia

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I would love real tasty pizza ,

poor georgy... where you from, england?

reason i as is cos in north america the all time favorite was new york style pizza. chewy crust with cheese and toppings you want to add. then... oh shi!!te !!! in the 80's pizza hut started the pan pizza fad and from then on history was doomed. i dislike pan pizza.

anyways... the pizza company started making new york pizza around 2 years ago...

if they still make it you should try it. closest thing to pizza in the regular pizza joints back home... thank god

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, champers said:

Grottinos is Italian run and they sell Hawaiian pizzas. They are very popular, as is their spicy seafood spaghetti. Most of their customers are non- Italian, they don't let food snobbery get in the way of knowing what customers want and meeting that demand.

Food snobbery? You want to compare pizza's with fine dining?

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm going to be honest 

I love pizza 

Last time I was in Pattaya I went  to the  the New York pizza I think it was on third road

I didn't enjoy it , service was good though , just the pizzas wernt to my liking ,

I absolutely love HAWAIIAN pizza 

That Pizza company also wasn't great ,so in Pattaya Im looking for the best pizza 

I would like real pizza , maybe I should try a real Italian one when I'm back next month Hawaiian ,pepperoni , 

I would love real tasty pizza , maybe even a sit down place maybe even Italian red wine to go with it 

Is there any real pizza places in Pattaya you love ?

A ‘real’ Italian Hawaiian pizza 🤭

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, brianburi said:

That's nice... The Op is posting on the Pattaya forum and asking about pizza places in that fine city......

It says a lot you are posting from Phetchabun, do they even have pizza there?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Some of it is not having the right ingredients. They are not the same in Thailand so it never tastes just right. Even if they use imported ingredients it never seems to taste the same.

Actually you can get the ‘same’ ingredients, but mostly, they don’t use them as they are relatively expensive. Corners are almost always cut…. unless you pay for the privilege. 
Fortunately, I have an oven and stocks of the correct ingredients, so I can send out for a simple Marinara and then customise it with real Mozzarella etc using my own oven 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Hawaiian originated in Canada. I haven't yet been to Italy, but some of my friends have said the pizza there compares to the best in the New York, New Jersey area, which is noted to have the best places. The top 2 are in NYC and Naples Italy. I lived in the New York area for 30 years, and had hundreds of pizzas from all over that area, and some are top shelf. I have had a few pizzas here but none compare to anything back home. One was at Leo's in Sisaket and another Hong Kong Garden, Sisaket also. I have a few friends from back home that have said there are a few, some mentioned here, that are pretty good. You have to use mozzarella to have a real style pizza, and of course the sauce makes it. Hawaiian, along with other toppings, are okay, but still nothing compares to a sausage, mushroom, pepperoni or onion pie from back home, as far as I've tasted. So far.

This is just a ridiculous post 🤭

Perhaps you can show me the respected poll that puts NY/NJ pizzas at the top. No way!

The only NA pizza rated highly are the places that try to copy Italian pizza. 
You haven’t even visited Naples, but yet you are writing about the top two places 😊

I’m sorry, but that is just crazy. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, NextG said:

This is just a ridiculous post 🤭

Perhaps you can show me the respected poll that puts NY/NJ pizzas at the top. No way!

The only NA pizza rated highly are the places that try to copy Italian pizza. 
You haven’t even visited Naples, but yet you are writing about the top two places 😊

I’m sorry, but that is just crazy. 

Again you go on thinking your taste buds are equivalent, or better yet, better than anyone else's . Just because you visited Italy doesn't mean they're pizzas are any better than the ones made by Italian chefs in the NYC area. Where do you think the recipes came from?  People can use ingredients in New York or New Jersey that they use in Italy and get the same results. You once quoted that ingredients in Italy are somehow better. Nonsense. Try to copy Italian pizza/ Where did pizza originate? Italy, so yes, people copy recipes for all food worldwide, and get the same results if they are skilled and use the same ingredients. Respected polls? Since when are some polls more respected than others? What's the proof they are? Americans prefer NY style over any others. That's been a given all of my life, and I was there 62 years. Just one poll for you but you'll never believe it because you were in Italy and you think they are better there. I've looked at polls for many years, and there are pizzas in a few countries that are in the top 10. If you have the time, you can research instead of being biased towards your own taste buds. I've had pizza in countless places, as have friends, and they all agree. NYC and NJ can compare to Italy. When I visit Italy, I'm sure I will have a good pizza or two. Will they be any better than what I've already had? Doubtful.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/24/top-10-cities-with-the-best-pizzerias-worldwide-.html

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Depends on what the meaning of 'good' is, or rather what an individual's taste and experience says. Like everyone, I have my own preferences, which is Napoli-style.

Real Napoli pizza is not NY-style, or Chicago-style or absolutely not Pizza Hut or The Pizza Company.

The use of pineapple is a non-Italian preference. Yes, some Napoli-style places will make an exception, because North American and Thai female taste tends toward Hawaiian, but they do so begrudgingly.

Italians are quite particular about their flavors. It is said that for every two Italians, there are three opinions on how to make real espresso.

Some parlors use only Italian ingredients, such as imported Salsiccia, Nduja and other Italian-made meats, along with San Marzano tomatoes for the sauce. Cheese is more difficult, but I know there is a company in Bangkok, started by a couple of Italian expats, who import Buffalo milk from Italy and make Bufala Mozzarella and Burata. That cheese is available in a few retail outlets if one makes pizza at home, and is used by the better pizza parlors. I lack a proper oven at home, so if I want something truly tasty, I go out to the few places who know their stuff. In a pinch I'll make at home.

I've found a few pizza joints in Bangkok who are as close to Napoli as one can get, but I have yet to find one in Pattaya (though there might be one).

Again, it's a matter of taste. If one likes NY-style, I'm sure one can find it in Patts. If one likes The Pizza Company....oh my!

I once stopped in a small restaurant way off the beaten path in Northern Thailand, and sampled their "pizza". It was a slice of white bread, topped with ketchup and some spray cheese out of a can. That was NOT Napoli-style!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Again you go on thinking your taste buds are equivalent, or better yet, better than anyone else's . Just because you visited Italy doesn't mean they're pizzas are any better than the ones made by Italian chefs in the NYC area. Where do you think the recipes came from?  People can use ingredients in New York or New Jersey that they use in Italy and get the same results. You once quoted that ingredients in Italy are somehow better. Nonsense. Try to copy Italian pizza/ Where did pizza originate? Italy, so yes, people copy recipes for all food worldwide, and get the same results if they are skilled and use the same ingredients. Respected polls? Since when are some polls more respected than others? What's the proof they are? Americans prefer NY style over any others. That's been a given all of my life, and I was there 62 years. Just one poll for you but you'll never believe it because you were in Italy and you think they are better there. I've looked at polls for many years, and there are pizzas in a few countries that are in the top 10. If you have the time, you can research instead of being biased towards your own taste buds. I've had pizza in countless places, as have friends, and they all agree. NYC and NJ can compare to Italy. When I visit Italy, I'm sure I will have a good pizza or two. Will they be any better than what I've already had? Doubtful.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/24/top-10-cities-with-the-best-pizzerias-worldwide-.html

Everything you wrote is wrong… apart from possibly…. Americans prefer American pizza 🤭

As to the link you posted, it has very little to do with the quality of the pizza. 
The ‘ratings’ are based on…allow me to quote from your article:

Inspectors from 50 Top Pizza are invited to consider a pizzeria based on:

• Customer service
  • Cleanliness and beauty of the environment
  • Taste and overall healthiness of the food

45 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

Italians may have invented pizza but America has perfected it… :coffee1:

#DetroitStyle #CheckYourCholesteralAtTheDoor

IMG_0110.jpeg

Pizza doesn’t need to be the same; it just needs to be good. That means a good quality of ingredient and some skill in the making. 
If it’s good, it’s good. All this “best in the world” is what is nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, NextG said:

Pizza doesn’t need to be the same; it just needs to be good. That means a good quality of ingredient and some skill in the making. 
If it’s good, it’s good. All this “best in the world” is what is nonsense. 

Totally agree… It really gets down to the ingredients…

A sliced up sausage link is NOT Italian Sausage… And Pepperoni from Macro doesn’t cut it…

A Hawaiian is usually the safest bet…

And I think we can all agree that Seafood, BBQ Chicken and Ketchup on a pizza is an abomination…

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

We visit Chiang Rai regularly as it’s my partner’s home town…

We like Hungry Wolf’s pizza…

What are your two choices?…

Praholyothin Road.past the turnoff to the bus station. Italian restaurant.

So's restaurant at the Chiang Rai condotel, Uttarakit Road. A mix of European and Thai food.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BKKKevin said:

Totally agree… It really gets down to the ingredients…

A sliced up sausage link is NOT Italian Sausage… And Pepperoni from Macro doesn’t cut it…

A Hawaiian is usually the safest bet…

And I think we can all agree that Seafood, BBQ Chicken and Ketchup on a pizza is an abomination…

*Makro 😉

10 hours ago, NextG said:

Everything you wrote is wrong… apart from possibly…. Americans prefer American pizza 🤭

As to the link you posted, it has very little to do with the quality of the pizza. 
The ‘ratings’ are based on…allow me to quote from your article:

Inspectors from 50 Top Pizza are invited to consider a pizzeria based on:

• Customer service
  • Cleanliness and beauty of the environment
  • Taste and overall healthiness of the food

Actually, everything I wrote is right. You're opinions are what's off.Taste actually reflects quality, or do you go by appearance? People buying, and commenting, on the pizzas they have is what makes up a poll. Are all wrong, all right, or it's still individual preference? Standards are set on what makes something good, and that's what people go by. When a New York pizza made by Italians, comes tied for first, they have something going there. A chef can move from Italy and make the same pizza he did back home. Or a recipe can be handed down and duplicated. Saying everything I said is wrong shows a closed mind, and one that goes by his own opinion. How else can anything be judged besides others voting? Look things up before you post. You can research what others say very easily these days.................All this “best in the world” is what is nonsense........... Your words, along with you in an earlier post saying Italy pizza, from Italy, is the best because you've had both Italy and New York style. I originally said that New York and New Jersey pizzas are among the best, right at the top every year, and that's true, and it's not just my thinking but millions of others, some who also have never been to Italy. When I go to Italy and try a few, then I'll come back and most likely say, they were as good as the ones I had back home.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, kanGBK said:

OP ,  If you like Hawaiien , you know nothing about pizzas .  American invention.   Nothing to do with original  Italian.  Cannot even buy Haw. in Italy .

I have heard Australia but this source says Canada 1962. It is horrible anyway, my favorite is “pepperoni” and black olive sure that is not allowed in Italy either!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z2vftrd#