You can't get a good pizza

georgegeorgia

17 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I didn't know that.

I remember a few years ago a friend who is a football coach went to Italy and said the pizzas wernt what he thought they would be 

I wonder where the Hawaiian pizza started 

The origin of the Hawaiian Pizza.

Despite the name, it did not come from the US island state of Hawaii.

The pizza was actually created in Canada in 1962 by a Greek immigrant called Sam Panopoulos. Panopoulos, along with his brothers, owned a restaurant in the province of Ontario.

How ya goin Georgegeorgia ozzie mate? So you reckon you cant get a good Pizza? Well I'm going be honest:- is any pizza "good" tucker? Mind you the pictures above look good. :thumbsup:

"When in Thailand do as the Thais do" :- eat Thai?  My preference is always Thai but when I'm in Oz I too could ask "where can you get good Thai"? and my wife is not happy there's no small egg plant in Green curry chicken and many dishes dont have "proper" ingredients. Have you tried Thai "black eggs"? Khai lu khai. otherwise know as "son in law testicles"?    Delicious. Fair dinkum mate.:licklips:

Ah well its just as well not everone likes pizza otherwise you would never get served. Never knew there were so many pizza connisuers out there. Buon appetito.

• Confused 1

As with most things here ... "if you can't find 'XXXXX' you're really not looking very hard.

Pineapple on pizza & good pizza ... blasphemy or at least, a contradiction of statements.

I've had more than a few very good pizzas here/TH.  Most prepared by the local, and yet to have a excellent one prepared by an Italian.

11 hours ago, BKKKevin said:

Italians may have invented pizza but America has perfected it… :coffee1:

#DetroitStyle #CheckYourCholesteralAtTheDoor

IMG_0110.jpeg

The only thing America has perfected with any food is sheer quantity.

I still remember a restaurant in LA called Claimjumpers. They had a sponge cake the size of a 5 gallon drum. If you could eat the lot, you got it free.

I had other examples of grotesque servings of food there, it's no wonder Americans have an obesity epidemic.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Hawaiian originated in Canada. I haven't yet been to Italy, but some of my friends have said the pizza there compares to the best in the New York, New Jersey area, which is noted to have the best places. The top 2 are in NYC and Naples Italy. I lived in the New York area for 30 years, and had hundreds of pizzas from all over that area, and some are top shelf. I have had a few pizzas here but none compare to anything back home. One was at Leo's in Sisaket and another Hong Kong Garden, Sisaket also. I have a few friends from back home that have said there are a few, some mentioned here, that are pretty good. You have to use mozzarella to have a real style pizza, and of course the sauce makes it. Hawaiian, along with other toppings, are okay, but still nothing compares to a sausage, mushroom, pepperoni or onion pie from back home, as far as I've tasted. So far.

New Haven Connecticut has the best pizza.,

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Praholyothin Road.past the turnoff to the bus station. Italian restaurant.

So's restaurant at the Chiang Rai condotel, Uttarakit Road. A mix of European and Thai food.

Are you talking about Chef Sasa?

Whipped up a quick & easy pizza, for lack of better name.

Used one of my flatbreads

Simply sliced tomatoes for 'sauce base'

(too lazy to make sauce or do dishes)

Some spices

Grated some cheeses

Popped into air fryer to melt all together

... damn tasty

Thought about putting roasted peppers on it, but instead served as side dish.  Tested a pepper hot (microwaved) and taste better not hot.

New York Style pizza fan myself, and in a pinch, Pizza Co's version will do, though a bit different from their original.  Outer crust wasn't as soft and chewy as before   Not sure chain wise, or just that one did it different.   Rest of crust, under toppings was fine.  18" not longer on the menu, only 15"

If at Krung Thep, SoHo Cantina (Soi 11) does very good pizza.  Though daughter said 'they'll slipped a bit' since last time wife & myself have eaten there.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Sounds like Chef Sasa.

It's really good.

882 884 Phaholyothin Rd, Tambon Wiang, Mueang Chiang Rai District, Chiang Rai 57000

https://www.facebook.com/Chef.sasa57/

A tad on the expensive side, IIRC the pizza was 300 baht.

Tried the Pizza Hut at the clock tower once, it was godawful.

20 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm going to be honest 

I love pizza 

Last time I was in Pattaya I went  to the  the New York pizza I think it was on third road

I didn't enjoy it , service was good though , just the pizzas wernt to my liking ,

I absolutely love HAWAIIAN pizza 

That Pizza company also wasn't great ,so in Pattaya Im looking for the best pizza 

I would like real pizza , maybe I should try a real Italian one when I'm back next month Hawaiian ,pepperoni , 

I would love real tasty pizza , maybe even a sit down place maybe even Italian red wine to go with it 

Is there any real pizza places in Pattaya you love ?

Do you like pineapple on your Hawaiian?

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I still remember a restaurant in LA called Claimjumpers. They had a sponge cake the size of a 5 gallon drum. If you could eat the lot, you got it free.

I had other examples of grotesque servings of food there, it's no wonder Americans have an obesity epidemic.

39 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Opinions differ. IMO the number of @rseholes on ASEAN seems to be increasing.

I agree the number of as.holes does seem to be increasing. I think that some people are so insecure they have to bash everything they are not, just to make themselves feel better. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Actually, America, being the melting pot of the world, has perfected many dishes and has world class chefs, to go along with Italy, Japan, Spain and France. Barbecue from Texas is world known as the absolute best. Pizza, like mentioned, is a good as anywhere on earth. Any dish that's served most anywhere can be copied by these chefs, and many not well known cooks in America. Steak in Texas is as good as anywhere, the meat being top rated, along with Japan, Brazil and Australia.  You have to live there a number of years and get out to eat a lot to sample the cuisine there. America, again, is a conglomeration of all countries and cultures, and anyone should look at it as such, and not a specific country that's somehow limited. So many prejudices against America, and whoever is against it, doesn't realize that their nationality , no matter where they come from, is represented by thousands there.

• Like 1

I don't know all the pizza places but NY on Pattaya 3rd road is ok. One of the pizza places on Soi Buakhao is ok. In Jomtien it's Dom's vs. Frankie's I think Dom's is the better of the two. The Pizza Company is <deleted>e. Domino's is better than The Pizza Company but still <deleted>e. When Pizza Hut runs a special for 2 medium pan pizza's they're pretty good. 

So yeah, Dom's is in the lead but not by much. 

20 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes I'm very fussy when it comes to Pizza

Me too, difficult to find a good pizza. Being an American I’m fussy about any attempt of American type cooking, especially New York pizza. Though Dukes in cm does a pretty good job at it, still not up to par. I concede to the wife’s cooking which is superior to to most anything else I’ve eaten here.

23 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually, America, being the melting pot of the world, has perfected many dishes and has world class chefs, to go along with Italy, Japan, Spain and France. Barbecue from Texas is world known as the absolute best. Pizza, like mentioned, is a good as anywhere on earth. Any dish that's served most anywhere can be copied by these chefs, and many not well known cooks in America. Steak in Texas is as good as anywhere, the meat being top rated, along with Japan, Brazil and Australia.  You have to live there a number of years and get out to eat a lot to sample the cuisine there. America, again, is a conglomeration of all countries and cultures, and anyone should look at it as such, and not a specific country that's somehow limited. So many prejudices against America, and whoever is against it, doesn't realize that their nationality , no matter where they come from, is represented by thousands there.

I have eaten in America many times and had some pretty good food, most notably in New Orleans. Cajun and Creole cuisine.

What I don't understand is the sizing of the meals, it's like every restaurant thinks they are cheating customers if the plate is not overflowing.

I have to differ on steak, IMO nothing beats a grass-fed Gippsland eye fillet.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have eaten in America many times and had some pretty good food, most notably in New Orleans. Cajun and Creole cuisine.

What I don't understand is the sizing of the meals, it's like every restaurant thinks they are cheating customers if the plate is not overflowing.

I have to differ on steak, IMO nothing beats a grass-fed Gippsland eye fillet.

I've had steak from Texas, Japan , Australia, Argentina , Brazil and a few other places, and they're all great. Hard to decide. Enormous helpings is a big reason so many in the US are above average sized. Buffets are not a good thing for those without self control.