You can't get a good pizza

georgegeorgia

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

😊 It’s RUBBISH. People make ‘authentic’ copies all over the world. You are only fooling yourself that what you have eaten is the best. It’s just marketing NONSENSE. 
I’ve spent a fair bit of time traversing the USA. The average quality of ingredients did not meet my standard. The average quality of ingredients did not meet my standard. We obviously have different standards. 
In Europe we have some very specific standards. In the USA, they are VERY LOOSE. 
Take Parmigiano di Reggiano as an example. You can pretty much call anything Parmesan in the USA…. even if it has wood in it and that’s no joke. 

You've spent a fair amount of time traversing the US? A month or so, trying pizza in a few places? Do you actually think that compares to 62 years, traversing all of America? You have NO idea of the standards that are in the US. Don't assume you do. "The average quality of ingredients did not meet my standard"  Who the hell are you? You think Europe has better pizza than the US??? You need to get out more, and I mean out, not drive from one place to another, passing by 99.9% of the restaurants available. I know pizza. You think you do, because you've been to Italy. That doesn't deem you an expert by any means. Try reading what I write and not just breeze through without comprehending all of it. I HAVE Italian relatives and friends, all of my life, from the NYC area, a place that is the go to place for Italian food in the US, yes, totally comparable to Italy, because.....................they come from Italy. I'm willing to bet I've had more Italian food in the first 20 years of my life than you will ever have, unless again, you're from Italy, which would close the gap. When I visited there in November, I brought back food you can not get here. Sauces, made in Italy, but of course, you will say, it's bottled, and not comparable to homemade. Maybe, but they sure are good.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NextG said:

It’s ironic that you suggest that I read more and reply less. Your ‘replies’ have been somewhat more wordy than mine and I have taken the trouble of checking the resources that you have posted. Perhaps you should try taking your own advice. 
If American pizza was so great, they wouldn’t be trying to copy Neapolitan pizza now would they?

Marketing my friend. You fell for it. 

Yes, I fell for it, whatever it is to you, someone who assumes who I am and what I know. Myself, and the millions who eat pizza yearly in the US, and many who have traveled to Italy and said the same things I have.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

You've spent a fair amount of time traversing the US? A month or so, trying pizza in a few places? Do you actually think that compares to 62 years, traversing all of America? You have NO idea of the standards that are in the US. Don't assume you do. "The average quality of ingredients did not meet my standard"  Who the hell are you? You think Europe has better pizza than the US??? You need to get out more, and I mean out, not drive from one place to another, passing by 99.9% of the restaurants available. I know pizza. You think you do, because you've been to Italy. That doesn't deem you an expert by any means. Try reading what I write and not just breeze through without comprehending all of it. I HAVE Italian relatives and friends, all of my life, from the NYC area, a place that is the go to place for Italian food in the US, yes, totally comparable to Italy, because.....................they come from Italy. I'm willing to bet I've had more Italian food in the first 20 years of my life than you will ever have, unless again, you're from Italy, which would close the gap. When I visited there in November, I brought back food you can not get here. Sauces, made in Italy, but of course, you will say, it's bottled, and not comparable to homemade. Maybe, but they sure are good.

☺️

Why are you getting mad? You’d think that with all of those great places in the USA that I’ll fall over a great one just due to the abundance of them all. Didn’t happen. 
Again, food standards are different in the USA. It’s a simple and provable fact. Again, your are arguing from emotion. I’m just sticking to the facts.  

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Yes, I fell for it, whatever it is to you, someone who assumes who I am and what I know. Myself, and the millions who eat pizza yearly in the US, and many who have traveled to Italy and said the same things I have.

But you haven’t travelled to Italy nor eaten in any place popular with locals in Naples, yet you write as if you are an authority on pizza. In a country with some ‘interesting’ food standards 😊

Let’s stick to the FACTS. 

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Yes, Europe has better Neapolitan pizza than the USA. 
The USA has some of it’s own branches of pizza which some may like. 
With all kinds of ‘interesting’ ingredients. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, NextG said:

I think the ego problem is all yours. I don’t worry about ego. The fact is that all of those negative thoughts are being produced by yourself and felt within yourself. They do not pertain to me and so subsequently they do not touch me. But you seem to be ‘triggered’. 
I’ve proved all of my points with reasoned argument. Your best restaurant makes simple copies of Neapolitan style pizza. That’s a fact. No need for you to get all twisted about it. 

What do you think are all of the pizzas worldwide made daily besides copies? Do you actually think before you reply? As far as ego, I've shown that to be the case because you still aren't getting the main point I've been making all along. You once said Italian pizzas were the best, in another post. after I mentioned that NYC, NJ area pies are about the best worldwide. I stand by that comment. AMONG the best worldwide, copies of another's recipes passed down for many decades. Italian pies are rated at the top also. because...............that's where they originated from, and you'd think they'd have things down by now. Your replies about me being retarded not clever,etc , are those made by a person who thinks they are right, without knowing the other person. That IS narcissism, egotistical, arrogant. Pick the verb that fits. You've proven absolutely nothing. You have made opinions. I have pointed out what a few polls have said, backing my statement that NYC pizza is among the best worldwide. Others seem to agree, hence the polls. Oh, I forgot, those are just about ambience and service, and nothing to do with taste. Look things up, researching on NYC pizza. See what others say. You might learn a thing or two.

11 minutes ago, NextG said:

But you haven’t travelled to Italy nor eaten in any place popular with locals in Naples, yet you write as if you are an authority on pizza. In a country with some ‘interesting’ food standards 😊

Let’s stick to the FACTS. 

You are another in the long line of people who visit the US for a couple weeks, and become an authority on it and it's cultures and food. You aren't. You know very little and nothing compared to a person who was born there and lived there for 62 years. Again, if it sinks in this time.When I visit Italy, then I will see for myself how the pizza is. I'm sure I'll like it, because others who have much the same comments on pizza we have tried back home have been there and told me all about it, that it's much like back home. Remember again, the pizzas made in the US, many of them, are being made by Italians FROM Italy, who import and grow their own ingredients, so they can make "copies" of what they made back in Italy. Funny, they say these "copies" are just like they made back home. But you're the expert, a person who spent how long in the US and had how many pizzas there? Of course you know more than the owners, the ones who make these pizzas daily. But the ingredients aren't up to "your" standards, of which I say, crapola.And tell us what standards you are talking about, and interesting ingredients. I like pizza with sausage, mushrooms and onions mainly. I've had pizza with almost everything one might add, and I still prefer the basics.

Edited by fredwiggy

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

What do you think are all of the pizzas worldwide made daily besides copies? Do you actually think before you reply? As far as ego, I've shown that to be the case because you still aren't getting the main point I've been making all along. You once said Italian pizzas were the best, in another post. after I mentioned that NYC, NJ area pies are about the best worldwide. I stand by that comment. AMONG the best worldwide, copies of another's recipes passed down for many decades. Italian pies are rated at the top also. because...............that's where they originated from, and you'd think they'd have things down by now. Your replies about me being retarded not clever,etc , are those made by a person who thinks they are right, without knowing the other person. That IS narcissism, egotistical, arrogant. Pick the verb that fits. You've proven absolutely nothing. You have made opinions. I have pointed out what a few polls have said, backing my statement that NYC pizza is among the best worldwide. Others seem to agree, hence the polls. Oh, I forgot, those are just about ambience and service, and nothing to do with taste. Look things up, researching on NYC pizza. See what others say. You might learn a thing or two.

No… your polls are marketing nonsense. That you fall for such an obvious ploy speaks more to your intelligence. Hence my asking if you are ever so slightly retarded. 

You in your ‘wisdom’ tried to tell us that one of the top two pizza restaurants in the world was in NYC. A restaurant that makes simple copies of Neapolitan pizza. It’s so ridiculous that it’s hard to imagine that anyone would believe such FOOLISHNESS 😊

I haven't yet been to Italy, but some of my friends have said the pizza there compares to the best in the New York, New Jersey area, which is noted to have the best places. The top 2 are in NYC and Naples Italy.”

• Sad 2

On 12/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I'm going to be honest 

I love pizza 

Last time I was in Pattaya I went  to the  the New York pizza I think it was on third road

I didn't enjoy it , service was good though , just the pizzas wernt to my liking ,

I absolutely love HAWAIIAN pizza 

That Pizza company also wasn't great ,so in Pattaya Im looking for the best pizza 

I would like real pizza , maybe I should try a real Italian one when I'm back next month Hawaiian ,pepperoni , 

I would love real tasty pizza , maybe even a sit down place maybe even Italian red wine to go with it 

Is there any real pizza places in Pattaya you love ?

I'm not so sure that Hawaiian Pizza is real pizza?

After all, Hawaii is an archipelago smack bang in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, whereas Italy is on the southern edge of Europe...

10 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You are another in the long line of people who visit the US for a couple weeks, and become an authority on it and it's cultures and food. You aren't. You know very little and nothing compared to a person who was born there and lived there for 62 years. Again, if it sinks in this time.When I visit Italy, then I will see for myself how the pizza is. I'm sure I'll like it, because others who have much the same comments on pizza we have tried back home have been there and told me all about it, that it's much like back home. Remember again, the pizzas made in the US, many of them, are being made by Italians FROM Italy, who import and grow their own ingredients, so they can make "copies" of what they made back in Italy. Funny, they say these "copies" are just like they made back home. But you're the expert, a person who spent how long in the US and had how many pizzas there? Of course you know more than the owners, the ones who make these pizzas daily. But the ingredients aren't up to "your" standards, of which I say, crapola.And tell us what standards you are talking about, and interesting ingredients. I like pizza with sausage, mushrooms and onions mainly. I've had pizza with almost everything one might add, and I still prefer the basics.

People can SAY whatever they like. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. I wrote about the quality of the ingredients and I stand by that. That you have been subject mainly to eating pizza in the USA tells me all that I need to know. The fact that you get mad when someone challenges your ridiculous claims only speaks to poor character. I’m surprised you haven’t yet whipped out the Star & Stripes and started singing. 
Get over yourself. Your fake poll is nonsense and so are your claims. When you prove to me that any of your ‘best’ restaurants import only PDO products, as opposed to lower quality domestic products, I might begin to take you seriously l. 

Edited by NextG

On 12/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I'm going to be honest 

I love pizza 

Last time I was in Pattaya I went  to the  the New York pizza I think it was on third road

I didn't enjoy it , service was good though , just the pizzas wernt to my liking ,

I absolutely love HAWAIIAN pizza 

That Pizza company also wasn't great ,so in Pattaya Im looking for the best pizza 

I would like real pizza , maybe I should try a real Italian one when I'm back next month Hawaiian ,pepperoni , 

I would love real tasty pizza , maybe even a sit down place maybe even Italian red wine to go with it 

Is there any real pizza places in Pattaya you love ?

Try Italy!

15 minutes ago, NextG said:

No… your polls are marketing nonsense. That you fall for such an obvious ploy speaks more to your intelligence. Hence my asking if you are ever so slightly retarded. 

You in your ‘wisdom’ tried to tell us that one of the top two pizza restaurants in the world was in NYC. A restaurant that makes simple copies of Neapolitan pizza. It’s so ridiculous that it’s hard to imagine that anyone would believe such FOOLISHNESS 😊

I haven't yet been to Italy, but some of my friends have said the pizza there compares to the best in the New York, New Jersey area, which is noted to have the best places. The top 2 are in NYC and Naples Italy.”

They're NOT my polls. You asked for some, I provided some. You disputed because you think you are right. All polls aren't about marketing. Some actually are voted in. It doesn't matter anyway. I don't go by polls. I go by word of mouth and experience. I don't make opinions Facts matter, opinions don't. What's good for one, isn't for another. Some,like the OP, like Hawaiian pizza. I think it's okay, but it doesn't compare to an Italian with fresh mushrooms and sausage, with real mozzarella, homemade sauce and dough made with water from specific areas. And yes, the water does matter. Something that might slip by you. When I try a particular pizza, then I will see if it's good, to me. Polls mean nothing to me. They are there to tell others what others have experienced, and some are specifically to sell a product. Again, since this has blown past you again and again. I don't fall for anyone's opinion. I make my own, but things I established. You asking if someone that's obviously way past your thinking, and by your narcissistic replies, has a closed mind also, which doesn't lend itself to learning more but believing things you already have in your mind as true, and not open for higher learning, if I'm retarded, when I'm and have been, a daily reader all of my life, come from parents with genius level IQ's, and have been from an area inundated with Italians and their culture, and saying I don't understand what good Italian food is, that's again, pure unadulterated crapola.

Edited by fredwiggy

9 minutes ago, NextG said:

People can SAY whatever they like. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. I wrote about the quality of the ingredients and I stand by that. That you have been subject mainly to eating pizza in the USA tells me all that I need to know. The fact that you get mad when someone challenges your ridiculous claims only speaks to poor character. I’m surprised you haven’t yet whipped out the Star & Stripes and started singing. 
Get over yourself. Your fake poll is nonsense and so are your claims. When you prove to me that any of your ‘best’ restaurants import only PDO products, as opposed to lower quality domestic products, I might begin to take you seriously l. 

I'm not mad. I'm sticking up for myself against a person who calls me retarded, something that's very disrespectful and childish. My claims are valid, as is proven by millions of others, who I'm guessing you think are retarded also, because they think NYC pizza is tops. You have yet to prove any poll is fake also, even though that's not my deal. And again, I have no need to prove anything to you. You made an opinion. You were assuming things and twisting what I said around. If you need proof, ask the individual restaurants in the US what they use. Good luck, that might take you a few years. Just to get past New York.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1

They NOT my polls. You asked for some, I provided some. You disputed because you think you are right. All polls aren't about marketing. Some actually are voted in. It doesn't matter anyway. I don't go by polls. I go by word of mouth and experience. I don't make opinions Facts matter, opinions don't. What's good for one, isn't for another. Some,like the OP, like Hawaiian pizza. I think it's okay, but it doesn't compare to an Italian with fresh mushrooms and sausage, with real mozzarella, homemade sauce and dough made with water from specific areas. And yes, the water does matter. Something that might slip by you. When I try a particular pizza, then I will see if it's good, to me. Polls mean nothing to me. They are there to tell others what others have experienced, and some are specifically to sell a product. Again, since this has blown past you again and again. I don't fall for anyone's opinion. I make my own, but things I established. You asking if someone that's obviously way past your thinking, and by your narcissistic replies, has a closed mind also, which doesn't lend itself to learning more but believing things you already have in your mind as true, and not open for higher learning, if I'm retarded, when I'm and have been, a daily reader all of my life, come from parents with genius level IQ's, and have been from an area inundated with Italians and their culture, and saying I don't understand what good Italian food is, that's again, pure unadulterated crapola.

Now you have a ‘genius level IQ’ 🤭

You just love digging don’t you?

Polls mean nothing to you but you referred to one in your very first post in this thread and has posted to links to the same reviews that have little to do with the actual pizza 😊

The third link is from Enjoy Travel and we have no idea from whence they plucked their data. But we know that Americans lap up that kind of thing. ‘Best in the world’ 🤭

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

They NOT my polls. You asked for some, I provided some. You disputed because you think you are right. All polls aren't about marketing. Some actually are voted in. It doesn't matter anyway. I don't go by polls. I go by word of mouth and experience. I don't make opinions Facts matter, opinions don't. What's good for one, isn't for another. Some,like the OP, like Hawaiian pizza. I think it's okay, but it doesn't compare to an Italian with fresh mushrooms and sausage, with real mozzarella, homemade sauce and dough made with water from specific areas. And yes, the water does matter. Something that might slip by you. When I try a particular pizza, then I will see if it's good, to me. Polls mean nothing to me. They are there to tell others what others have experienced, and some are specifically to sell a product. Again, since this has blown past you again and again. I don't fall for anyone's opinion. I make my own, but things I established. You asking if someone that's obviously way past your thinking, and by your narcissistic replies, has a closed mind also, which doesn't lend itself to learning more but believing things you already have in your mind as true, and not open for higher learning, if I'm retarded, when I'm and have been, a daily reader all of my life, come from parents with genius level IQ's, and have been from an area inundated with Italians and their culture, and saying I don't understand what good Italian food is, that's again, pure unadulterated crapola.

water very important ,plus temperature of the oven .    Here is a gentleman that went to Italy and studied;  he comes back to a little shopping mall outside of Philadelphia and he sells out every weekend very expensive ,very good.  https://ravanesipizza.com/about-us

Edited by charleskerins

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm not mad. I'm sticking up for myself against a person who calls me retarded, something that's very disrespectful and childish. My claims are valid, as is proven by millions of others, who I'm guessing you think are retarded also, because they think NYC pizza is tops. You have yet to prove any poll is fake also, even though that's not my deal.

I think New Jersey is better but I'm with you on everything else.(regarding pizza)

I'm not mad. I'm sticking up for myself against a person who calls me retarded, something that's very disrespectful and childish. My claims are valid, as is proven by millions of others, who I'm guessing you think are retarded also, because they think NYC pizza is tops. You have yet to prove any poll is fake also, even though that's not my deal.

No, your claims are not backed by ‘millions of others’. You just made that up 😊

I’ve already highlighted that your poll puts the pizza as just part of the criteria. The healthiness and taste 😊 How did they judge the healthiness of the pizza? ☺️

35 minutes ago, NextG said:

☺️

Why are you getting mad? You’d think that with all of those great places in the USA that I’ll fall over a great one just due to the abundance of them all. Didn’t happen. 
Again, food standards are different in the USA. It’s a simple and provable fact. Again, your are arguing from emotion. I’m just sticking to the facts.  

I argue from facts. Emotions have nothing to do with this. What standards, again, are you referring to, that are "different". And different from where?

2 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

I think New Jersey is better but I'm with you on everything else.(regarding pizza)

I think they are comparable. I lived in Jersey 30 years before moving to Texas. In San Antonio, there is a restaurant, Florio's, who are from the town I lived in, and had a pizza place in Bergen County. As soon as I tasted their pizza, I was home. They had supplies sent from NYC and NJ to Texas. It's rated the best in San Antonio.

I argue from facts. Emotions have nothing to do with this. What standards, again, are you referring to, that are "different". And different from where?

I already gave you the Parmesan cheese example. But you made no comment on that since you are so excitedly posting and trying to win, rather than discussing intelligently. 

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

No, your claims are not backed by ‘millions of others’. You just made that up 😊

I’ve already highlighted that your poll puts the pizza as just part of the criteria. The healthiness and taste 😊 How did they judge the healthiness of the pizza? ☺️

The polls aren't going to have pizza restaurants there if the pizza doesn't match up in taste. That's a ridiculous statement. You think a restaurant is going to be highly rated because of their tablecloths and flower arrangements? Again, you need to spend years in a place before you even begin to understand its ways. Passing through in a rental car and stopping every day for a slice doesn't cut it.

Edited by fredwiggy

I think they are comparable. I lived in Jersey 30 years before moving to Texas. In San Antonio, there is a restaurant, Florio's, who are from the town I lived in, and had a pizza place in Bergen County. As soon as I tasted their pizza, I was home. They had supplies sent from NYC and NJ to Texas. It's rated the best in San Antonio.

Well it looks you were right about NY   

In this ranking of the best 100 pizzerias in the world, the most represented cities are New York, Naples and Rome with 5 pizzerias; Tokyo, London, Milan and Caserta with 4; Sao Paolo and Copenhagen with 3.

Over the course of this year, in which we have held awards ceremonies in Barcelona, Tokyo, New York and Rome – declare the curators Barbara Guerra, Luciano Pignataro and Albert Sapere  we have been met with an ever-growing level of quality in the pizza. In 2023 there are over 2000 venues present in our guide, which includes both independent pizzerias and artisan pizza chains.  We would like to thank our inspectors, who have traveled all over the world and who have been continuing to widen our map to venues where you can eat an excellent pizza.”       

Did you ever have De Lorenzos in Trenton?

1 minute ago, NextG said:

I already gave you the Parmesan cheese example. But you made no comment on that since you are so excitedly posting and trying to win, rather than discussing intelligently. 

All I have been doing is arguing intelligently. You prefer insults. I state facts. Your actions are the ones of a narcissist. If you don't understand what that means, look it up, although most don't readily admit it. I've had Parmigiano Reggiano many times, imported. It's my favorite pasta topping. And it only comes from one area.

The polls aren't going to have pizza restaurants there if the pizza doesn't match up in taste. That's a ridiculous statement. You think a restaurant is going to be highly rated because of their tablecloths and flower arrangements? Again, you need to spend years in a place before you even begin to understand its ways. Passing through in a rental car and stopping every day for a slice doesn't cut it.

How do you know that? You are just jumping to conclusions. But whenever we come to something specific, like the quality of ingredients, you pretend to not see that post 🤭

Well I just ordered 2x  Hawaiian pizza with Carbonara sauce !

Beat that !!

Yum !

Domino's 

And no OLIVES,I hate olives 

Oh and lets not forget the garlic bread , a pizza is not a meal without the garlic bread 

Unfortunately I find the garlic bread better in the supermarket

I like my garlic bread crusty,full of dripping butter 

I wonder if any pizza places actually make their own garlic bread 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

I've been told that in Italy the Hawaiian pizza is illegal and one can get arrested for ordering this type of pizza. I've never understood the addition of pineapple to a pizza, it's counterintuitive if you ask me. 

Great pizza is not hard to make, my woman makes amazing pizza at home. It's all about the dough, high quality Italian flour, the quality of the cheese, and a great pizza sauce. And of course the toppings. Putting a little bit of olive oil on the crust before baking it also helps a lot. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1